“Stayed for Business - Great for a Conference”

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #26 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ada, Michigan
“Stayed for Business - Great for a Conference”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for annual financial conference that I attend each year. This was the first time at this hotel and it was perfect for this large event. The rooms were very nice and clean. I had trouble with the hot water in the shower and had to wait almost 30 min each evening before I was able to get in however maintenance came to check on me! knowing there was a problem and making sure I was getting hot water. The service was amazing! The elevators were very fast and quiet. I believe I stayed in Tower 1 and I was on the 8th Floor. I never heard anyone else either in their rooms or the hallway. It was very peaceful and quiet. I used the fitness room each evening after the events and it was a huge area and open 24 hours! The hotel had restaurant/bar areas, gift shop and coffee shop with Starbucks coffee. The meeting rooms that we used in the conference area were very nice and accomodating. The service staff was able to have classroom seating for 2000+ and change it over to circle tables for lunch in an hour! The entire hotel was very classy and I enjoyed my stay very much without a single complaint.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Shari,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I'm glad you hear you enjoyed it and I do apologize about the hot water issue, we had an internal issue which has now been resolved. I am sorry you had to experience that, but hopefully it did not tarnish your overall experience.

Thank you again and please come see us again,

Best,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (980)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed February 2, 2014

If you're looking to stay in Orlando and would like a fantastic hotel close to Sea World, Universal and Disney the you must stay here.

The location was convenient, the room was extremely comfortable with a great view, and the staff was there for your every need, and always asking if you needed help or there was anything they could do for you.

Room Tip: I used an online service to book my room, and got a rate way cheaper than even my company got as our...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
DanielK1960,

Thank you for the feedback and taking time to provide your thoughts. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope we can host you again in the future.

Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed January 27, 2014

my fiance and i have stayed at your hotel 3 times in th last 15 months...love the property/location.....beautiful, our experience with staff was wonderful..1 young college student stood out...we met Haley Huitt on our 1st trip,thanksgiving 2012/she was very helpful, and remembered us our next 2 visits...she became our go to person with questions about property and area,and was always happy to help....in a place with outstanding service she really stood out in our minds....we will stay here on our future excursions to orlando........

Room Tip: the executive floors have great perks
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Warnerjl
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you to you both for your continued loyalty and for taking time to review us. I'll make sure that Haley gets the note about her service and praised for providing it.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

New York
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The service in the Club Room was exceptional. With two young kids the staff could not have been more accommodating, especially Mr. Andrew Wylie, Concierge. The attentiveness and courtesy was as good as it gets. Thank you.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank newjeff
newjeff,

Thank you for your note about our Club room and Staff. They take a lot of pride in their work and I'll be sure to share with them, your comments.

Thank you for taking time to write and for staying with us.

Best,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Orlando whilst attending a conference in the hotel and I was very comfortable for the duration of my stay. I wasn't able to make use of most of the amenities as I was kept pretty busy but my room was large, clean and comfortable and I found all the staff to be extremely pleasant and helpful. The place was huge! I got a workout finding my way around but there was always someone to point me in the right direction. The gift shop had a good selection of basic snacks, including some healthy choices, and with a fridge in my room I was able to store milk, fruit and yoghurt. I found the team looking after the conference to be extremely helpful and the business center, Eleventh Hour, were fantastic. I used the provided tea bags on the first day and they never got replaced and I struggled a little with the water temperature in the shower. Also, there was a mix up with my leaving date. They had me checking out a day earlier than I had requested. However, they were polite, professional and quick to sort out the issue and charged me a lower rate for the final night. Even though the error may just have easily been caused from our end. This hotel is a very good one-stop-shop for anyone organising a conference or major work event.

1 Thank jo_co_1
jo_co_1,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here and appreciate the feedback on our staff.

We hope that if you are ever in Orlando again, we'll have the opportunity to host you again.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 23, 2014

First, It was awesome to be able to stay at a Hyatt next to the convention center for the first time in 25+ years. Way to go Hyatt, Great Acquisition!!!
Of course, The Peabody was considered a world class hotel and you never know what will happen when things change hands but I will tell you, we were here for 8 days and were accommodated as if we were royalty. Everyone went out of their way to be helpful, and I mean everyone. The cafe was all that you want when looking for a quick in/out food experience but went beyond just another place. The people that waited on you reminded you of what it used to be like in the earlier days. Great service, efficiency of taking orders and fast service from the kitchen. I really looked forward to eating there no matter what time of day.
The rooms were great, and we had a two room suite which was great for the time we spent there, it was like coming home everyday. I liked the fact that they had a separate check in for those of us that can't get enough of "HYATT" If you are attending a convention in Orlando, this is THE place to stay, and yes the ducks are gone, I am sure they weren't part of dinner, but this Hyatt has so much to offer you won't want to miss out.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HotelManager_Brian, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Knight1955,

I am so pleased to read the review of a well-traveled Hyatt guest - thank you! We are very proud to be on International Drive. I appreciate your comments about our dedicated staff and I look forward to sharing your review with them.

We hope to see you again soon,

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights which I thoroughly enjoyed.
I booked hotel through BA and got a very good rate, on arrival I enquired re Upgrade and was offered the Club Level with use of Club Lounge for $50 per night which was to be completely recommended and worthwhile.
I was given a huge corner room which had double aspect with ground to ceiling windows giving a magnificent view.
The room contained every conceivable requisite even to having tiny lights under the bedside cabinets which came on at night in the dark should you venture out of bed to go to the bathroom.
The bathroom was vast and can you believe a TV screen in the large vanity mirror over the sink!!!.
The Club Lounge was enormous and never busy offering a wonderful breakfast and evening food with an excellent selection of wines and alcohol.
The staff were helpful and polite.
The hotel car park is a short walk and if you have a few $'s to spare use the Valet which I did.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Splash out a little and Upgrade to Club Level.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear efembe,

Thank you for your review and recommendation. I am pleased to read our guestrooms and the Regency Club exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Orlando.