“No Surprises- Just First Class all the way!”

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #28 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 23, 2014

First, It was awesome to be able to stay at a Hyatt next to the convention center for the first time in 25+ years. Way to go Hyatt, Great Acquisition!!!
Of course, The Peabody was considered a world class hotel and you never know what will happen when things change hands but I will tell you, we were here for 8 days and were accommodated as if we were royalty. Everyone went out of their way to be helpful, and I mean everyone. The cafe was all that you want when looking for a quick in/out food experience but went beyond just another place. The people that waited on you reminded you of what it used to be like in the earlier days. Great service, efficiency of taking orders and fast service from the kitchen. I really looked forward to eating there no matter what time of day.
The rooms were great, and we had a two room suite which was great for the time we spent there, it was like coming home everyday. I liked the fact that they had a separate check in for those of us that can't get enough of "HYATT" If you are attending a convention in Orlando, this is THE place to stay, and yes the ducks are gone, I am sure they weren't part of dinner, but this Hyatt has so much to offer you won't want to miss out.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
HotelManager_Brian, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Knight1955,

I am so pleased to read the review of a well-traveled Hyatt guest - thank you! We are very proud to be on International Drive. I appreciate your comments about our dedicated staff and I look forward to sharing your review with them.

We hope to see you again soon,

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Orlando

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights which I thoroughly enjoyed.
I booked hotel through BA and got a very good rate, on arrival I enquired re Upgrade and was offered the Club Level with use of Club Lounge for $50 per night which was to be completely recommended and worthwhile.
I was given a huge corner room which had double aspect with ground to ceiling windows giving a magnificent view.
The room contained every conceivable requisite even to having tiny lights under the bedside cabinets which came on at night in the dark should you venture out of bed to go to the bathroom.
The bathroom was vast and can you believe a TV screen in the large vanity mirror over the sink!!!.
The Club Lounge was enormous and never busy offering a wonderful breakfast and evening food with an excellent selection of wines and alcohol.
The staff were helpful and polite.
The hotel car park is a short walk and if you have a few $'s to spare use the Valet which I did.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Splash out a little and Upgrade to Club Level.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Dear efembe,

Thank you for your review and recommendation. I am pleased to read our guestrooms and the Regency Club exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Orlando.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We only had a day room before flying this time.

The room was available from 10am to 6pm
We had a balcony with view over the airport. The hotel is in the terminal several places to eat there. We checked our hold luggage in early and used the pool getting the last of the Florida sun.
The staff are always very polite and helpful.

Room Tip: Chose a room with a view over airport
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Squits,

Thank you for visiting our sister property, Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, before returning home.

I hope we have an opportunity to host you again for a longer visit at Hyatt Regency Orlando in the International Drive area - feel free to reach out on any of our communication channels if we can provide any information.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights last week and was pleased. Their customer service is excellent and I loved the tv in the bathroom mirror. It was nice to have a fridge in the room, but there is no where in the hotel for guests to heat anything up in a microwave. Room was a good size and clean. Centrally located in Orlando between Disney and Universal--also within walking distance to many restaurants and shops. Overall was a pleasant stay. Would recommend for business traveler, but not for families going to parks--much better prices onsite at Disney.

Dear sydneykl726,

Thank you for making Hyatt Regency Orlando your home away from home. We definitely are fortunate to be conveniently located to all attractions, entertainment and transportation in Orlando for easy accessiblity for business and leisure travelers.

I appreciate your review and we look forward to seeing you again,

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

I found a great deal for a night here on hotwire. This used to be the Peabody hotel and still has all the charm without the ducks.
The hotel is very well maintained and VERY big. The staff was professional, friendly and amazing. I has a few special requests and they were carried out with a smile. I have nothing negative to say.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DavidScottTaylor

Dear DavidScottTaylor,

Thank you for your review! Our staff takes great pride in their service and I very much look forward to sharing your comments with them.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Orlando.

From all your friends at Hyatt Regency Orlando,

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Wow this place is big. I kept getting lost.

Few highlights
Spin classes and other fitness classes in gym
Large pool area with water fall
Rooms spacious.

This hotel has a couple unique things in the rooms

Night light in bathroom and room are located under counter and are motion activated.
In mirror tv in bathroom. Never seen that before.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Dan459us,

I am delighted to read you had an opportunity to explore our amenities during your most recent visit. Rest assured, we are working on some specific projects to help with wayfinding to debut in the future that I think you will find useful on your next visit.

Thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Orlando.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This hotel, once the completely renovated Peabody, has finally achieved its promised potential. Stayed in the club level and it has vastly improved over what The Peabody provided. Breakfast was lavish and well presented. Not up to the Ritz-Carleton level but darn near for breakfast at least. Appetizers at 5pm were exceptional. During the day, not so much. Went in at 2pm looking for a soda and all they had were mixed nuts, hot soda in cans and no ice. They have a honor system for cocktails where you write down what you drink, turn it in and its charged to your room. I saw very few people doing this, however. Oh they were drinking but not writing it down. The Ritz lets you pour all the wine and beer you want but has a bartender for mixed drinks…might be a better way to go. Anyway. The rooms were uber clean and well appointed and very quiet.. In room coffee maker and empty fridge. Water in bottles was an extra charge. No amount of fancy soap will ever make Orlando water less icky but the Regency tries.
Check in was breeze and everyone there was very helpful and polite. Did not use the pool but had a fantastic view of the whole area and their pool rivals any pool area on the Disney property. The hotel is the best around the Convention Center area and a nice elevated walk to and from. The old Capriccio's restaurant in now Fiozole (sp?). Interior has not changed a it but I found the food to be sub-par. I suspect they just reheat already prepared entrees purchased from Sysco and the like. The beef filet mignon I had looked brined to me…all soft, squishy and a weird neon pink red shade. Put what do I know, they were packed on the Friday I went. Note to dieters: their salads are great. The Diner/cafe (I forgot the name) is still the same and still a great place for hamburgers and sandwiches with fries. Did not try Napa, their other place.
Just for your information, a cab ride to any of the Disney properties will cost you over $30 one way.

2  Thank walker-roamer

Dear walker-roamer,

We are happy to see you've returned to Orlando and given the Hyatt Regency Orlando Regency Club an opportunity to become your preferred location while visiting our city.

Thank you for your review and I look forward to hosting your visit again next year or sooner.