“This hotel is a great one...”

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #27 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lexington, KY
“This hotel is a great one...”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

One of the best hotels I have stayed in. It is a 5 star experience all the way around. Great location for walking to shops and restaurants... Rooms are very nice and have some luxury amenities...

Lots of pools with great environment for families... even has a waterslide for the kids. Restaurants are nice but you will pay a premium for them. You can valet the car or park in the garage, but it is a reasonable walk.

I have no complaints about this hotel... just warnings: There is a resort fee for each day, around $25. Room service is nice, but expensive. The restaurants are nice, but expensive. You can get a great rate for this hotel on Hotwire!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for the great feedback. We hope to see you again soon in Orlando!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (979)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Grayson, Georgia
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a conference in December and was pleasantly surprise by the quality and service. This is a huge hotel and they are located in the downtown area of Orlando very close to shops and restaurants. I did not have to move my car much at all. They have shuttles that will take to some of the local places…they are walking distance to the Capital Grille, Oceanaire Seafood and a nice Cuban restaurant that turns into a club at night.

The service at the hotel was great and the staff was pleasant. The hotel room is a very nice size,comfortable beds, clean and updated with my favorite the television on the mirror in the bathroom. I received a conference room rate which was decent, but the cocktails are a little pricey..you may want to take advantage of some of the local lounges walking distance from the hotel before you turn in.

Even though this hotel caters a lot to conferences I would bring my children. My room overlooked the pool which was very nice and welcoming. Beware of daily parking and resorts fees for this property in advance.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Audrey V
Thank you for the kind words and the opportunity to host you on your visit. Please come back and see us soon!

Sun Prairie WI
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is a great property! I have stayed at this hotel 3 times, twice as the Peabody and once as the Hyatt. I was impressed with the “new” tower and Rock’s bar area. That had been constructed since my last stay. Overall I was impressed with the hotel and its staff all except the front desk staff. 4 separate dealings with the front desk and all were unacceptable. As this is the first impression of the hotel, the front desk staff attitude needs to improve. They are completely oblivious and indifferent. Very unprofessional.
The food at the hotel in both the Steakhouse and B Line Diner were above average. The beds were super comfortable and rooms were extremely clean.
There are a lot of good restaurants and shopping nearby. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be staying there again when visiting Orlando.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
First, let me thank you for your repeat business and loyalty to this hotel. We love to hear about frequent repeat guests and strive to improve your experience each and every time you return.

Regarding the interactions at the front desk, I will make sure I research and understand where we missed opportunities to postively interact with you and all our guests. We take this feedback very seriously and will use it to improve immediately.

Apollo Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed at The Hyatt wile attending a trade show. The hotel and the facilities are all very much first class; however, at check-in the customer service was rather lacking. When asked if the rate could be changed to one that was sent me (as an ad) by Hyatt, the response was simply "you can call and change the rate. I cannot". I knew that the rate could be changed right there but at that point didn't bother. Just a little lack of good guest service.
Otherwise, the room was quite large and clean, and as already mentioned, the facilities are wonderful. The pool area; restaurants and bars are very inviting. Despite the front desk representative, all of the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the review and for your recent business. I am sorry to hear that we weren't able to help you at the front desk and will research this immediately.

If there is anything else that I can do to ensure you return on your next trip to Orlando, please do let me know.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is easily one of my favorite hotels in America. While it's best if you're a conference goer at a nearby facility, even a vacationer can find greatness in its services, facilities and amenities.

The rooms are amazing. The conference space is huge. The common areas are inviting and comfortable. The pool areas are some of the best the area has to offer.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
NashvilleBrian,

We truly appreciate your kind words and your loyalty to this property. We hope to see you back soon!

Carp, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed at the property over the Christmas holidays, as we were in Orlando for the Disney Showcase soccer tournament. Our room was clean, but was not serviced each day. The room was small however. The bathroom was especially small, and it was actually difficult to close the door without standing in the bath, believe it or not. The heating-air conditioning unit did not work when we checked in, and after maintenance fixed it, it was so noisy we had to close it overnight (we referred to it as 'the jet engine' actually). We could hear sounds from other floors, the elevators, and especially the hallway. The gym is impressive and well equipped. The pools are nice, though we could not use them as it was cold.

We found the staff very courteous, helpful as well. We did have issues at check-in as the front desk tried to charge more than what we purchased from Priceline. At check-out, we also had to get the front desk to remove unapplicable parking and resort fees from the bill, even though this had been all arranged at check-in.

While it is a nice property which is well kept, I cannot agree with the 4-star rating it has as we had too many issues.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Rene,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you had with your room and with the charges on your bill. We take this feedback seriously and will work to correct these issues immediately. I would love to speak with you more about your experience and if you would like, please message us with contact info and I will follow up with you.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt (formerly known as the Peabody) for a week-long conference at the beginning of December. I'm not normally a Hyatt enthusiast (only because I like to stick to earning Starwood points). However, this property is very impressive. Check in was relatively easy (apart from being given the wrong room key and making the long trek from the front desk to the 10th floor in Tower 1 three times). The room was very clean and the bathroom was large and comfortable. The hotel is conveniently 'attached' (via walkways) to the Orlando Convention Center, and taxis were easy to hail to go anywhere for dinner, although you can also walk about 10-20 minutes for a long row of chain restaurants and shopping nearby.

I ate in the restaurant's diner three twice while there -- once for lunch (had a Greek salad and it wasn't very nice) - and once for breakfast (standard fare -- decent).

The best part of the hotel in my opinion was the housekeeping staff. They were so pleasant, good at their jobs. They deserve very good tips!

Room Tip: Tower One is a bit far from the reception desk, and some of the rooms have awful views. But, if you...