It's my first trip to Orlando. I did a lot of research into where to stay and as we were staying with our young daughter over Christmas we wanted a really nice hotel. I booked the Peabody, but got the Hyatt....they seem to be 2 different hotels.
At check in the girl asked for my credit card for security. I told her I had a debit card. I assumed she was taking my card number etc, instead she took $700 off my card without prior explanation or permission. I told her it was unacceptable and to put it back as you can't "hold" $700 on a debit card, the cash just comes off. It's a disgraceful policy and as someone in the hospitality trade there is no reason to hold that amount of money. To take that amount without permission is racketeering!!! It took 4 days for them to put it back!!
I did not book breakfast, an oversight on my agents part but was willing to pay for the service. At $55 per person per day I thought better of it!!
Our room was nice, nothing exceptional but comfortable. Cleaning is modest though. I came back to pillows on the floor, used pillow covers left on bed, no toilet roll left in room and the same piece of gum under a glass for days.
This was not a cheap hotel and I would have expected a lot more. This trip cost a lot of money and we were more than happy to pay it for quality. This hotel has been a real letdown and I will never stay in this or any Hyatt again. I should have gone to the Rosen!! I have friends traveling over in March and I will be telling them to avoid this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Orlando offers the quintessential location for both business and leisure travelers. Make yourself at home in your spacious guestroom, adventure through Orlando, or lounge at the pool between meetings. Here, you’ll find that productivity and relaxation are constants during your time in Orlando. What Makes a Seamless Stay: Spacious rooms: 1,639 guestrooms including 192 suites, with view and club level spaces available Meetings made easier: 315,000 sq ft of flexible, indoor and outdoor meeting space with 14 unique venues and a dedicated staff Location on International Drive: Situated across the street from the Orange County Convention Center, and moments away from dining, shopping, and entertainment Eclectic dining: Seven on-site restaurants, serving coastal Floridian fare, poolside snacks and cocktails, rustic Italian food and steaks, and much more Plenty of places to relax: Three tropical-inspired pools, a luxurious spa and salon, and a 24-hour gym with studio spaces and fitness classes ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peabody Orlando Hotel Orlando
- The Peabody Hotel Orlando
- Peabody Orlando
- Peabody Hotel Orlando Fl