“Excellent Choice for Corporate Meeting”

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #30 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 13, 2013

After visiting several hotels in search of a location for our national sales meeting, we choose the Hyatt Regency Orlando (although it was The Peabody at the time we signed our contract). We are extremely pleased with our choice. The staff and service was amazing. We had 260 attendees and all week long we heard comments from them regarding the excellent service, meals, and sleeping rooms. Our Catering & Convention Services Manager Marjorie Trott was a pleasure to work with, made great suggestions and helped make our event a smashing success. Thelma Franquiz, our Meeting Concierge Manager responded to our every request very quickly and always with a smile. The banquet team was friendly and very professional (special shout out to Christian!). As a meeting planner, I would give the Hyatt Regency Orlando an excellent rating and very high recommendation.

1  Thank Karen I
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Karen,

It was such a pleasure to have your group here and we thank you for the kind words. I'll be sure to share your comments with Marjorie and the entire staff.

Please let me know if I can do anything for you and as you know, we would love to see you back soon for another meeting.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed there for about a week for a conference. Hotel was very nice. Room quality is OK with nothing to complain about. Concierge service was especially good and helped me a lot with some local restaurant reservation.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

We are very happy that your experience here during your conference went well. Please come back and see us when you return to Orlando.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We arrived at the Hyatt after a disrupted flight from UK because of fog. The reception staff were speedy and helpful and the bar staff also.
We have stayed here before and the last time I commented that although the hotel, staff and facilities were very good, I was disappointed that free WiFi was not available for guests. This has now been rectified and our stay really was excellent.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

We hope your trip back to the U.K. was good and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write another review. We strive for continuous improvement and look forward to your next stay with us in Orlando.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Best business hotel we've ever stayed in. Rooms are super comfortable (we were in the just 4-year old Tower 2, can't say what Tower 1 is like.) Beds are comfortable, linens are nice, bathroom is wonderful with an oversized tub and a TV in the bathroom mirror, nice touch! The staff is super friendly, warm and really out to help you. We took an upgraded Club level room which was well worth it with a lovely breakfast spread and very sumptuous Happy Hour snacks that really can be dinner. The spa is among the nicest I've been too - highly recommend massage or facial. Special thanks to Tara Kotkowski at the front Desk who helped with our complicated reservations.

Room Tip: Tower 2. Club room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we will make sure we recognize Tara for her exceptional service.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We reserved a room for 3 days at the Peabody Hotel in Orlando several months ago. When we arrived we found to our surprise that the Peabody which we had enjoyed for years was now the Hyatt Regency. The hotel is still a very nice hotel . The service seems to be as good as it was at the Peabody. The hotel is comprised of a new tower and an old, or as they call it the original tower. I had previously stayed at the new tower. While the old tower has been up-dated to match the room furnishings and amenities with those of the new I found the bathroom to be both smaller and less comfortable with a bathtub vs stall shower. Also, the view from the new tower overlooks the new pool, the old is very unattractive. The hotel itself is very pricey when compared with the others in the area. Overnight valet parking is at a rate of $26 per night. Use of the amenities other than the swimming pool are extra as is the internet access and they are pricey. The bathroom amenities have been changed from those of the Peabody. They now are just borderline of medium quality and of course the ducks are no longer there. The hotel is either next to or across the street from the Convention Center depending on which hall is used. There are other hotels in the area which are less pricey but are not as conveniently located. I had opted for one of these in the past and expect to return to one of them in the future. The Hyatt has become more expensive than the convenience is worth.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the new pavillion.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your candidness on the value of your stay and will use this feedback to improve. We realize that you have many options in Orlando and hope you will give the property another chance on a return stay with us.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Very nice hotel. Pricey, but comparable to others around it and it is very nice. Rooms are large and beds are comfortable. Internet and gym cost extra. Upon check in I went to my room and the bed was overturned. I mean what the heck?? Was there a fight? Does not housekeeping check the rooms prior to releasing them to the front desk?? They took a long time to decide that I should get a different room (uh - yeah) . Then that night I had noise outside my room at 4am and although they cant really control the behavior of guests, it only allowed me 4 hours of sleep. The next night I had the same thing - people yelling obscenities at 4am. The front desk manager agreed to comp me the room for one of the two nights - which was reasonable.

So overall they did work to "make it right" but at the price you pay for this room you really should have zero problems.

2  Thank Steve P
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Steve,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Orlando. We value this feedback and will address the issue you encountered regarding being checked in to a room that was not fully ready. We do double check all rooms prior to release to the front desk and will dig into how this happened.

We do use our guests feedback to improve and we thank you for it. If you would be willing to be contacted, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further. Please message us with your contact info if that suits you.

We hope to have a chance to host you again.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I attended a banquet on 5 December 2013 at the end of a long week. The Hyatt staff did a superb job supporting our conference awards banquet. They were cheerful, professional, and very attentive. The food was well presented, warm, and tasty.

Special thanks to Sylvia Thomas - she was delightful!!!

Room Tip: I only attended the banquet, but the hotel was extremely clean and very well decorated for Christmas...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We will make sure Cynthia knows and is congratulated regarding the service she provided to you.