“Great hotel for the price!”

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #27 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Morgantown, West Virginia, United States
“Great hotel for the price!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Peabody for work purposes and it was a great experience! The food was good even when the catering staff had to feed over 400+ people. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms, recreational facilities, and conference rooms. The staff was extremely professional and helpful. One of them even got me extra ice cream during our conference break hour, so I thought that was very accommodating!!! I will definitely return to the Peabody again!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
MarshallKelberman, Director of rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear RoxAnnMartinez:

Thank you, I appreciate your positive comments on our extremely professional and helpful staff along with the food and service you enjoyed at your catering event. When traveling to our area again, I look forward to providing you with another great experience at The Peabody Orlando.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (969)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Tiffany at the pool bar was great.....best blueberry mojito and she was awesome with our son.......thanks for making it a great day......she went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed...great customer service.... Bellman are very attentive and work with a smile....

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I Was there for the annual Zumba convention. Fantastic event. Staff were excellent and plenty of them. A tv in the toilet mirror which is always useful!
I felt $30+ for two sandwiches and two bottles is water was maybe a bit steep.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Ross_Nixon
MarshallKelberman, Director of rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Ross_Nixon:

It was wonderful to host the annual Zumba convention again this year, the attendees always provide a great atmosphere of high energy. I appreciate your comments on your experiences at The Peabody Orlando and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back next year.

San Diego, California
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a upscale hotel. Pros: Rooms are standard size but very clean and very modern. The room came with a docking station for your iphone, floor night lights that are on motion sensor, which come on when you walk by them, so you can go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and not have to turn on any lights or bump into things in the dark, the bathroom mirror had a tv in it(cool), beds where super comfy, nice flat screen tv, the toiletries included where very nice, shower/bathtub was huge. Hotel grounds inside and out where beautiful, onsite restaurants where pricey, we ate at the B-Line Cafe(24hrs) almost every day, food was pricey, but the portions where huge so we split and that was more than enough for the two of us. The food at the B Line Cafe was awesome, especially the desserts. All employees where very friendly. They also had a Alamo/National car rent place in the lobby, which we used one day and taxi's where plentiful and pretty cheap out front of main lobby area. Nice pool area and fitness center. Cons: $26 Valet parking or $16 self parking plus tax of course. No coffee in the rooms, the room came with a mini fridge, but when we called to let them know that the fridge was not cold, we where informed that this actually was not a fridge but what they called a cooler?? a fridge would run $20 a day. I don't know how you would keep anything cool because you can't put any ice in it. The free coffee offered in the lobby in the morning hrs was the cheap vending machine coffee. If you wanted good coffee it was $4 at the cafe or express cafe(bu you do get free refills). All n All we will stay here again because the pro's far out weigh the cons, Plus the hotel is right across the street from the West Concourse of the Convention Center. Oh by the way, we stayed in The Mallard Towers(Tower 1).

Room Tip: Eat at the B-Line Cafe and split with your wife or friend. Food is delicious and portions are huge...
2 Thank somoman7
MarshallKelberman, Director of rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear sininab7:

I value your business as well as your feedback and am delighted to know you will return to The Peabody Orlando for a future stay. I am proud to read about our friendly employees and that you enjoyed the guest room amenities along with so much the hotel has to offer such as our pool, fitness center and a choice of food outlets. I welcome your feedback on our coffee options and product pricing as it is always beneficial to include our guest’s comments when discussing product improvements. When planning your next visit to our hotel, please inquire about our exclusive Club level accommodations so you may enjoy complimentary valet parking, morning and evening food service in our Club lounge with beautiful views of our beautiful city. I look forward to hosting you again soon.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed at the Peabody for a recent convention. After talking to reservations the day before about getting adjoining rooms, then calling the next day only to be told my adjoining room had been given away -- I was guaranteed two rooms next to one another. When I arrived, however, the front desk agent said the room next door had been given away and had to find me two rooms next to each other on another floor. She upgraded us to the loft floor -- which came with complimentary, fruit, wine a cheese; only we never saw the wine and cheese, and only received fruit on two of our four-day stay. We had booked a fridge at the time of reservation, but the front desk agent said she'd send the fridge within the next hour or two. Four days later - still no fridge. But the worst incident of all -- there was a roach on one of the pillows. Housekeeping came to get the critter, but the manager said they wouldn't spray until 10 the next morning. All they offered us was to adjoining rooms with a Murphy Bed (if there are roaches, no way am I sleeping in a bed that comes out of the wall); or a rollaway bed in the second room. Oh and a measley $25 credit. I travel about once a month for my job and have never, ever, found a roach in the room.

Room Tip: Bring Raid!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank girljaime
Dear girljaime:

Thank you for sharing your stay experiences with me, I appreciate the chance to address your concerns. I want to assure you that guest comfort is our main priority and that comprehensive efforts are made to achieve this goal, I apologize this was not your experience. The hotel does maintain a parternship with a company that provides regular pest prevention treatments and is readily available, in addition to our rigorous internal self inspections daily. I am sorry to read of any discomfort or inconveniences you encountered while visiting our hotel and I will follow up with my team on each of the situations you describe to ensure our response meets the standards of service we have established for The Peabody Orlando. When in our area again, I hope you will provide us with another opportunity to regain your business.

San Marcos, California
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was my fourth year staying here for the zumba convention. Just overall not happy with it. The parking rate is ridiculous, 16 dollars a day when Im already paying so much for the room. The pool was just eh...doesnt have the cool lazy river like the hilton, plus the water was super cold compared to the hilton. Took a long time to get used to it. Cleanliness was great though. The WIFI was terrible. Super Slow plus always cutting out.
Im going to stay at the hilton from now on for convention. I stayed there one night this trip and wish i had stayed the rest

6 Thank crazysocktv
Dear crazysocktv:

Thank you for your feedback and the opportunity to host your return visits. I will investigate the experiences you describe with our pool temperature and internet signal to ensure each area is functioning properly. I regret your disappointments with your visit this year but hope you will consider us as your host hotel when in Orlando again.

Peterborough, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 20, 2013

They truly do nickel and dime your for everything...no free wi/fi they do not provide a coffee maker in the room so be prepared to spend $3.00 a cup they charge $9.50 for 5 oz of wine or $11.00 for 7.1/2 oz...food inside the hotel rather pricey but you can walk to other restaurants in the area that are close...the housekeeping was very disappointing for a hotel of this quality I would get back to room at 4:00pm and the room was not cleaned the beds were a mess and no towels we had to call the front desk twice in 4 days to have them come up and bring towels since it was late in the day told her to forget about the beds...I went to a convention... the group I was with wanted to stay at this hotel but the Rosen across the street had free Wi-Fi and coffee in the room cost per room was less and was beautiful...I personally would stay there if I go back to Orlando for another convention....I prefer function and customer service and good room amenities over marble foyers and beautiful lobby....

1 Thank Hotomalley
MarshallKelberman, Director of rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Hotomalley:

I appreciate the opportunity to hear your concerns and regret reading that your experiences at our hotel may affect your decision to return to The Peabody Orlando. I value your feedback on our pricing strategies, as this is beneficial when discussing product improvements, and I will follow up with my housekeeping team regarding any deficiencies with your room service to ensure our standards are maintained. When traveling back to Orlando, I hope you will once again consider our hotel for your accommodations so we may regain your confidence in our abilities to exceed the standards of service established for The Peabody Orlando.