“Peabody Pleasure!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cape Coral, Florida
“Peabody Pleasure!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

There are not enough words to say how wonderful my recent stay at the Peabody was. From the moment my family and I arrived, we truly felt like royalty. About 3 valet staff came to open our doors with huge smiles on their faces..something I believe to be truly important when welcoming in guests. The bell staff were everywhere and were always ready to assist with our bags. I also had the pleasure of meeting the Guest Services Director, Hameed. I must say, the Peabody is truly honored to have such a wonderful person be so completely involved with their property. He made sure we had anything and everything we needed. We saw him throughout the property on many occasions and he remembered ALL 5 of my family member's names! It is so difficult to find service like that these days. Jamie in the concierge lounge was such a sweet and kind young lady. We arrived to the concierge lounge just a few minutes too late, yet she offered to go to the back and make us a mixed plate of the fruit and pastries that were left. We also were able to watch the duck ceremony where the duck master walks the ducks down the red carpet, and back into their palace. What a unique thing to see! I recommend it to anyone who stays at the Peabody. The rooms were absolutely gorgeous. We had a view overlooking the pool from the 18th floor with a balcony. The pool is a huge highlight on the property. They even have a waterslide! To see a property SO big run like clockwork is such a breath of fresh air. From the TV in the bathroom mirror to the warm and humble housekeepers walking through the property, the food in the restaurants and being around staff who truly love what they do, please believe me when I say the Peabody is certainly a pleasure..and I would recommend you stay there, no matter what the occasion! Special thank you to Jamie, Hameed, Tracy the bell man, and the director who should be EXTREMELY proud of all of his staff, Marshall Kelberman - - you are certainly doing something right! LOVE THE PEABODY and can't wait to return!!!

Room Tip: Just book a stay!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tinker6994
MarshallKelberman, Director of rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Tinker6994:

It is our Peabody pleasure to have served as your family’s host hotel during your recent visit to our beautiful city. Thank you for your wonderful comments on your stay experiences at The Peabody Orlando and for your particular mention of the quality service you received from Jamie, Hameed and Tracy. I am extremely proud of each of them and our entire staff who are dedicated hospitality professionals. I appreciate your recommendation to stay at our hotel, no matter what the occasion, and I look forward to our next opportunity to welcome you back to your home away from home in Orlando.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (968)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is quite pleasing to the eye when pulling up. The bellhops were very helpful. Initially the room was quite nice. Certain details were lacking though: there was not a coffee pot nor a microwave in our room nor anyone else's room (we were at a convention) and the refrigerator would not get very cool though we tried adjusting it. Another lady had the same problem. We would rather have had at least a coffee pot than a robe.

We LOVED the duck soap!!!

I ate at the B-Line restaurant, which was overpriced. The chicken fingers were ok but the pizza was better. We ended up eating at a nearby restaurant instead.

The Peabody catered several of our meals, which were pretty good. There was even duck shaped butter! The service, however, was terrible. They rushed us through our meals and tried to take plates out from people who were obviously still eating, including myself. Granted there were 3,000 people there but that is no call to be rude and
rushing everyone.

We only stayed there because it was where the convention was
held because it was a very expensive hotel, though the atmosphere was pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Alisa R
Dear shetan1972:

I value your feedback and thank you for the opportunity to hear your concerns. I will share your dining experiences with my food and beverage team as I know they will want to review and reinforce the service standards we have established for The Peabody Orlando. Thank you for sharing your guest room preferences with me as well as this is valuable information when we consider product improvements. Should we have another opportunity to be your host, perhaps you would enjoy experiencing our Loft level accommodations which includes in room coffee among many other amenities. Thank you again for sharing your observations with me, I do hope we will see you back at The Peabody Orlando.

columbus, ohio
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I called a week before we traveled to confirm that we would have a crib in our room. The lady was very nice and said, "It will be in your room when you get here." We pulled in at 11:00 PM. When I got up to my room at 11:20, there was no crib. The bellman said that he would check into it and get it right up. By 12:30, I called the front desk. They also promised one was on its way. We finally gave up and put our 9 month old to bed on a blanket on the floor. The crib showed up at 1:05 AM.

Other than that experience, we loved the hotel. It was beautiful and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steph P
Dear Steph P:

I am very appreciative of your comments regarding the positive aspects of your stay, including our friendly staff, but I regret the delay with the delivery of your requested crib and any inconveniences this created. Thank you for the opportunity to follow up on this arrival experience so we may better serve our guests. I hope your overall hotel experiences will lead you to consider The Peabody Orlando for your hotel accommodations when your travels include a return visit to our area.

Ballybofey, Ireland
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 12nights as part of our honeymoon over Christmas and New Year past. I must say that I was well and truly underwhelmed by this hotel and in hindsight wish we had booked elsewhere. I asked to be moved from the first room as the view was completely restricted n did not make for a very romantic experience. The next room we were given wasn't much better. I am a mild asthmatic but my asthma really flared up during this trip and I had very little sleep because of it. The reason for this was no doubt the dust constantly floating about in the room. The room was not cleaned to a high standard. The food in the hotel was lovely, no doubt about that and the desserts were fab as were the cocktails. I found the reception staff and in particular the female concierge staff to be less than pleasant and when we approached the desk, my husband and I were made to feel very uncomfortable and unwelcome. One senior concierge staff member in particular proceeded to quizz us about what room we were staying in, how much we had paid n would not take our word for the fact that we had paid the service fee supposedly entitling us to tickets for the i-trolley. She continued to make a phone call to check the details I had given her and left us standing there feeling like frauds. She tried to justify her actions by claiming that she had to clamp down on the practise of junior staff members who were giving out too many tickets. I was disgusted by her behaviour, this was not the hotel experience I had paid for. The staff frankly don't seem to care. We decided to pay for our i-trolly tickets after this as it was not worth the hassle or the humiliation. But 8 months later, I am still seething about this experience and want to warn others about it. We left the hotel after the 12nights n travelled on to a hilton hotel in another part of Florida and had a much better hotel experience at a much more resaonable price. Having stayed in a variety of hotels in New York, Boston, Los Angelos, San Francisco and Las Vegas, I would have to stay the peabody does not compare with any of them in terms of hospitality and service. It is a fine building in appearance and could be a fantastic hotel if it weren't for the attitudes of some of the staff. I enjoyed my trip to Orlando and hope to return at some stage in the future but I will not stay at the peabody.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marie T
Dear Marie T:

I appreciate the opportunity to host your honeymoon and to hear about your stay experiences at our hotel. I regret we did not meet your expectations and I’m sorry you were so disappointed, especially since it was such an special occasion. I can assure you that what you describe does not meet with our service standards and I will personally review your feedback with my team to ensure our standards are maintained. When you plan a return trip to our area, I hope you will once again consider The Peabody Orlando as your host hotel so we may regain your confidence in our abilities to provide consistent first class service at every level.

San Diego, California
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was a very good place to stay overall. Stayed here for a work related conferance with about 300 - 400 other professionals. The room was very nice and good size. It was very quite as well which i was surprised by because the hotel was packed with guest and families. Bed was comfortable, plently of hot water. A few negatives - no free wi-fi in the room - must pay a fee for this and my connection in my room was very slow. A few of my friends had same problem - could not get connect to our offices. Also no free coffee unless you pay the $9/day service fee which gets you 2 bottles of water a day plus coffee in the lobby. A lot of food places to eat - both in and out of hotel. The ones outside hotels are within walking distances which makes it nice. Overall good service and staff was very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of sales at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Dave B:

I am happy to receive your feedback on you stay experiences at The Peabody Orlando. It’s always a pleasure to read about our good service and very nice staff, thank you for these positive comments. Because guest feedback is valuable to us, we continue to work towards a la cart options for internet services. I regret any deficiencies with the speed of this service and will share your concerns with my IT department. For business or pleasure, when traveling back to our area, I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting your return visit.

Dubai
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights with my husband and 3 year old daughter. We booked the cheapest room as we planned to spend all our time at Disney not the hotel. Anyway our room was fantastic and far exceeded my expectations - amazing value for money. The staff were so friendly and helpful from the minute we arrived and I honestly cannot think of a single criticism. The rooms are lovely, the restaurants great we ate in Capaccio Grill, B line Diner and Coconuts. The cocktails at the pool were great especially the Peabody Colada! The pool was really nice and great for kids. They have a good shuttle bus to Disney available from their expedia counter it was only $10 return trip. The hotel is central with many restaurants walking distance - although with such good restaurants in the hotel we didnt try any of them. I am very fussy about hotels but would recommend this one to everyone - it ticks every box!! Thank you Peabody the best customer service I have ever experienced in the US :)

1 Thank Aquarius76
Dear Aquaruis76:

I am very proud to read you describe The Peabody Orlando as Orlando’s best kept secret. Thank you for your positive feedback on our friendly and helpful staff along with our fantastic accommodations. We strive to provide just the right environment and service to our guests so I am delighted we achieved our goal and exceeded your expectations. I look forward to our next opportunity to be your host again.

Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed at the Peabody while attending a conference. The hotel was right across the street from the conference center. When we checked in we were given a queen room and were told all of the king bedrooms were taken. But after reaching our room, a call was made to the front desk to complain and the manager sent a bell boy to move us to a king bedroom. The view from the room was beautiful overlooking Orlando. We could see the fireworks from Disney every night. The room was comfortable and especially loved the low "nightlights" that came on when you walked from the bed to the bathroom. Just one con; the parking lot is not as convenient as most hotel parking lots, plus there is a hefty daily charge to park. Would recommend the hotel, especially if you need to attend the conference center!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear DD1956:

I’m glad you enjoyed the views of Orlando along with Disney’s fireworks displays from the comfort of your guest room. When we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Peabody Orlando, may I recommend our exclusive Club level which includes valet parking among several other benefits amenities. I value your feedback and recommendation of our hotel and look forward to hosting your visit when in our area again for business, or pleasure.