“Superb Service & Quality” 5 of 5 stars

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #28 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dunedin, Florida
“Superb Service & Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife had a convention to attend and I tagged along for a luxurious six night stay. From the time we arrived until the moment we left we were treated like royalty. Check in was quick and convenient and the woman who checked us in very helpful in explaining where to find everything in the hotel. The valet and bell services were also of the highest quality. I spent a lot of my time at the Grotto pool and was able to relax and read while the nice staff kept my glass of soda full. Of course the restaurants are excellent as well, but my favorite was the B-Line Diner. We ate there twice and I would not hesitate to dine there again. And naturally the ducks are a big part of every stay at the Peabody. On the couple of days that it rained in the afternoon I spent some time reading by the ducks fountain listening to the piano. The staff really goes the extra mile to make you comfortable. They all greet you with a hello and a smile even if you are just walking down the hall. This is one classy place.

• 5 of 5 stars
MarshallKelberman, Director of rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear SirGriffinStromboli:

Thank you for sharing your positive stay experiences with me. I’m delighted we exceeded your expectations with our Peabody Service Excellence culture and that our hotel environment provided you with relaxing settings to pass the time. I hope to see you again soon, it will be a pleasure to serve as your home away from home for a local getaway.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (852)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Windsor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family and I stayed here while I attended a conference last week and we had a great experience. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived, but they pre-checked us in. I thought I may have to wait in line again when I returned later, but a lobby ambassador offered to help me out and took care of getting my room keys. What a nice surprise!

We had a beautiful room, very large, that faced the grotto pool and had a beautiful view. We could see fireworks every night. The hotel was extremely clean and we loved the TV in the bathroom mirror. The beds were extremely comfortable. The TV channel selection was not the best - obviously geared to a male demographic and our remote batteries were dead.

We only ate in the Beeline diner and it was very good. Do not go to the coffee stand. It was $10 for 2 regular coffees and the service was terrible. The food at the conference centre was top notch and so were the conference rooms.

The best part were the pool areas and my son really enjoyed it. I liked the beach like entrance and the waterfall was beautiful.

I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: New tower - facing the pool (otherwise you face a swamp....)
    • 5 of 5 stars
MarshallKelberman, Director of rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Lynnette B:

Thank you for your review and recommendation of The Peabody Orlando. I am very pleased to know that you felt pampered and that your son really enjoyed the pool areas. I am also glad you shared your thoughts on what we can improve on as well, your feedback is important to me. For business or pleasure, I look forward to seeing you again when your travel plans include Orlando.

Marina del Rey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

If you want the best luxury that Orlando has to offer then I would definitely recommend the Peabody. It's not the Ritz but the main lobby is nice and the rooms are adequate. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. I must say that the Napa restaurant and the Capriccio Grill at the Peabody are very good. I was pleasantly surprised.

All in all, If I were to return to Orlando for some reason, I would definitely stay at the Peabody.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JetSetterBrian
Dear JetSetterBrian:

Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel as the best option for luxury in Orlando. I am delighted your family enjoyed your stay with us and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Peabody Orlando should your travels bring you back to our area.

oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have never noticed this hotel but it's gigantic! It is also beautiful and conveniently located across from the Convention Center and great shopping. The ducks are great & so are the restaurants, I ate at 3 in the hotel. The rooms are so quiet and the staff is so professional and friendly. It is my new favorite place to stay. There were no coffee pots in the rooms, but Coffee etc makes great coffee, plus there were umbrellas in each closet, which came in handy.

Room Tip: They have two towers if you hjave kids and plann to use the pool-choose Tower 2. That's where th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear dellasjoy:

I am delighted we had the chance to introduce you to all that The Peabody Orlando has to offer and that we are your new favorite place to stay. I appreciate hearing about our professional and friendly staff and thank you for your feedback. I look forward to serving as your host hotel when in our area again.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed here this past weekend and was disappointed at the attentiveness and quality of service. I was given a room in tower 2 that was infested with ants. It took numerous calls and many hours later to get moved into another room. Got moved at 1:45 AM into a room that had been used. I refused to take that one and they moved me to yet another room. Called front dest for a late checkout time this morning I was put on hold for over 15 minutes and 3 phone calls later. Waited over 5 minutes in the restaurant before a server approached me. This is a very highly rated hotel and I would expect better service. I also witnessed extremely long check in lines. It took some individuals with our conference over 1.5 hours to check in only to be told that their room was not ready. Several in my group did not get their room until 5:00 PM.

Room Tip: Some rooms in tower 2 tend to be a bet larger. Especially with a king bed. Request grotto pool view...
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Dear Rita K:

I sincerely appreciate your feedback which allows me the opportunity to follow up on your experiences with my front desk and housekeeping management teams. I regret the delays and inconveniences you describe and want to assure you that I am committed to providing consistent high levels of service to our guests. I hope you will once again consider The Peabody Orlando for your accommodations when in our area as I am confident we can regain your confidence in our abilities to exceed the standards of service established for our hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

From check in to departure The Peabody Orlando lived up to expections and more. The facilties are top fantastic pools, ambient bars, helpful and pleasant staff, excellent restaurants with wonderful desserts day and night in a perfect position on I Drive. It was our ideal Orlando hotel.
The Peabody ducks experience also makes s stay here truly unique.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear niamhy67dublin:

I am delighted we exceeded your expectations with our service levels and hotel amenities and that our found our location perfect for your activities. I’m glad you have the duck march experience as part of your Peabody memories and I look forward to seeing you again when Orlando is included in your future travel plans.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at The Peabody Orlando this weekend and it is as perfect as other reviews have stated. The room was extremely clean, well appointed, and comfortable (new tower). The food was great. Location is central. The staff was extremely helpful and attentive. Noticed other guests receiving the same level of service. Keep in mind that this is a "convention hotel" so there will be more than just your party, LINES AND WAIT TIMES HAPPEN. The pools were nice and relaxing. Have stayed at many facilities in Orlando from condos to hotel, and if a hotel is my option The Peabody is the way to go. Enjoy and relax.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
MarshallKelberman, Director of rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear RTtraveling:

Thank you for your recommendation of The Peabody Orlando. I am pleased we had the opportunity to host your weekend visit and that you enjoyed your stay with us. It will be a pleasure to share your observations on our staff’s extremely helpful and attentive service levels with our team and I look forward to providing you with another relaxing stay at our hotel soon.