“No Coffee In Room”

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #31 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 22, 2013

So, this is an excellent review of a lovely property. But, if you are a conference center, your guests are likely in conferences all day and entertaining clients all night. What we really want is to wake up and push a button on a coffee maker. I was really impressed with the embedded TV in the bathroom mirror and the fact that the bottom of the furniture lit up to show the way to the bathroom in the middle of the night, but what I really wanted was to not have to pull on a baseball cap and dodge clients on the way to get a $4.53 cup of coffee at 6AM.

1  Thank Eileen062011
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Eileen062011:

Thank you for your 5-star review of The Peabody Orlando. I am delighted to know we impressed you with our lovely property and special guest room touches. And, I value your feedback on our coffee services as it helps us when discussing product improvements. Whether for business or pleasure, I look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Love the hotels location and pool shame the front desk are very poor at their job , was given no instruction on facilities and acclimation to the hotel. The room smelt heavily of smoke , so the mgr on duty was quick to move our room , very professional and the bell team excellent. Switchboard too was very friendly.More customer care training needed on the desk. With so many choices in Orlando it's important to get things right - would probably try somewhere else next time I am in Orlando.

Room Tip: Ask if any rooms are known to have been smoked in - avoid these
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear dec140:

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback on our services and facilities and will be sure to share your praise of our manager on duty, bell staff and switchboard with them. I’m pleased to know we were quick to respond to your guest room concerns but I regret our front desk did not exceed your expectations as your other staff encounters did. I will review the oversight you describe with my management team so we can reinforce our standards of service with all agents. I am confident we will better serve you in the future and, while you do have many choices of accommodations in Orlando, I hope you will consider The Peabody Orlando again when traveling back to our area.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I recently attended a conference at the Peabody in Orlando - what a great venue. Staff was organized, efficient and polite. Rooms were very well-appointed - I received an upgrade for asking. Food during the event was very good and food in the restaurants on-site was delicious.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony with a view of the pool or city

Dear Dogmama66:

Thank you for sharing your review of The Peabody Orlando. I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and appreciate reading your positive comments on our staff who were organized, efficient and polite. When visiting our area again I hope we will be your preferred choice for hotel accommodations.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The Peabody is a great place for conferences. The ducks are pretty sweet too. The hotel is a little on the old side, but everything was very clean and the staff were very professional. I would recommend this hotel for any business travel to the Orlando Area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear laneregister:

I appreciate your recommendation of our hotel and enjoy reading about our very professional staff. Thank you for your feedback, I hope The Peabody Orlando will have the pleasure of hosting your visit when your travel plans include a return trip to our area.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Loved my one-night stay at the Peabody. The service was amazing. I had one minor issue - I couldn't find the TV remote and had to call twice before they delivered a new one. Unfortunately by the time I got the remote, it was time for bed. However, when I mentioned it to the front desk representative in the morning, I was given a breakfast coupon for my trouble (it *always* pays to mention any problems encountered at a good hotel). I had the BEST corned-beef hash EVER at their diner restaurant.
The only recommendation I would make to the hotel is to have more maps in more places. It's a BIG hotel and I felt totally lost most of the time I was there...

Room Tip: Avoid the Mallard tower if you have allergies or asthma. I had seen some reviews about this but forg...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Tampa_traveler63:

I am delighted that our service levels earned your high praise. We are very fortunate to have an amazing team of hospitality professionals so I regret any delayed response to your request for a TV remote. Should you travel our way, for business or pleasure, I hope you will consider The Peabody Orlando for your hotel accommodations.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The International Drive area is a bit schizophrenic. On one end, closer to Universal, it's a row of tacky touristy stores and every cheap chain restaurant you can name. On the other end by the Orange County Convention Center, the feel is high-end all the way down to the greenery in the street median. The Peabody Orlando is the gem of this stretch.

The rooms are spacious and modern, and the hotel has all the basics you'd expect for a large, relatively high-end conference hotel: a variety of restaurants, pools, spa, workout facility, etc. What differentiates the Peabody, in my opinion, are the details. For example:

* The pools are open late until 11pm and are well-lit for an enjoyable after-dark experience; one is more decorative and designed for 'fun' (the Grotto Pool on the lower level), while the other is more tranquil and hidden in a sense (the Terrace Pool on the Recreation level)
* The casual restaurant, B-Line Diner, is not only very tasty, but it's open 24 hours and has a takeout counter
* The room comes with a small refrigerator / cooler, and the bathroom has one of those TVs-in-the-mirror; even the shower curtain is designed in a way where you can see through it while in the shower.
* The TV in the room is a large ~40" Panasonic, not the typical ~32" LG
* The workout facility has multiple rooms organized by cardio, weights, etc.
* Everyone, and I do mean everyone, is quite friendly and truly helpful; the seem to really take pride in what they do

Combine all this with its next-door location for conventions, < 15min driving distance to Disney, Universal, Sea World, and MCO, and the dining options of Pointe Orlando a 5 min walk away, and this is a hotel that can really make all kinds of people happy.

TIP: If you're staying here or any other resort off Universal or Disney property, RENT A CAR. Taxis are absurdly expensive in Orlando (one company seems to have a monopoly), and a mid-size car rental for four days is the same cost as a round trip fare to/from International Drive, or even just one way to DIsney.

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the place, but high floors provide a wonderful view
1  Thank CardKirb08

Dear CardKirb08:

I am very pleased to know you consider The Peabody Orlando a gem of a hotel. With a convenient location and variety of amenities to satisfy both leisure and business guests, it is our friendly and truly helpful staff who shine with Peabody Service Excellence®. I am glad we had the opportunity to host your visit and look forward to serving you again when your travel plans include Orlando.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Large hotel great for business travel. Connected to convention center so is easy to get to convention without a exit or walking down the street as they re all connected.
They have thought of everything, business center, upscale restaurant called Napa with good wine selection. Low key diner /restaurant great for breakfast and lunch particularly. They have outdoor pool area and you can order food there. There is a Spa which I recommend for a treat...a massage and a dip in their mineral pools. I view this as more of a business hotel but I did see families there. Every staff member I encountered was helpful and pleasant. Shower in hotel room was great. There is a parking garage there...and when it rains they have carts that transfer people to and from the hotel which is nice. Hotel is in walking distance of a shopping and restaurant area. Not sure what it was called...Point Plaza maybe. All in all I would choose this hotel to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Monarch8:

Thank you for your review of The Peabody Orlando. I’m very pleased you enjoyed your visit with us along with your Spa experience too. I’m proud to read that all staff you encountered were helpful and pleasant and that would choose this hotel again. I look forward to our next opportunity to host your return visit to Orlando.