We were excited about staying at this hotel, after becoming familiar with the beautiful Peabody in Memphis, TN. The Orlando hotel was in a great and easy to access area, right next to the convention center. It was very accessible to Universal Studios, which is the primary reason for our spring break vacation.
The room was comfortable, and the beds were super-comfortable. The bathroom was extremely nice and even had a TV inside the mirror, which we'd never seen before. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. There are about 3 restaurants on-site, a few bars, a coffee bar, and gift shop. There are 2 sets of pools, 1 with a waterfall and waterslide. And there were 2 hot tubs. It was a little chilly while we were there, so we were only able to use the hot tub once. We also had our 3 children with us, so it's family friendly. IN fact, the hotel was able to bring us a portable bed so that we had enough beds, for about $20 extra.
However, although my husband & I had spoken to hotel staff by telephone on 2 separate occasions, and were reassured that there was a shuttle provided by the hotel to Universal Studios, so that we wouldn't have to move our car, and pay for parking, we were informed upon checking in, that this was not the case. We were extremely disappointed, because that was 1 of the main reasons we picked this hotel. There was a shuttle, but we'd have to pay for it, and it didn't go as far as Universal Studios. So, in addition to paying $17 per night at the hotel (for non-valet), and $15 per day at Universal Studios, we spent an additional $100, in addition to the hotel's other extra fees that we did not realize we'd have to pay.
All-in-all, the hotel is a really nice hotel, but we probably won't stay here again because of this misunderstanding, which was a really big motivator in making our spring break family vacation plans.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Resort Close to All the Fun & Adventure! Hyatt Regency Orlando is an iconic hotel located in the heart of everything Orlando, Florida has to offer: theme parks, shopping, dining, nightlife and so much more. We've got something for everyone from two sparkling pools, a waterside & waterfall, a full-service spa & salon, 24-hour StayFit Gym, 7 dining & lounge options, and a customer service driven team awaiting your arrival. What Makes a Seamless Stay: • AAA Four Diamond Accommodations: 1,641 guestrooms and suites, with upgrades including view and club level rooms • Resort Pools: Complete with waterslide, waterfall, splash pad, separate kiddie pool area and cabanas available for rent • Location on International Drive: Guests receive two daily I-Ride Trolley tickets to nearby I-Drive locations including Pointe Orlando, I-Drive 360, SeaWorld and Aquatica. • Enjoy Orlando Attractions: We are minutes from Universal Orlando Resort, Walt Disney World Resort and SeaWorld. • Vibrant Dining: Choose from five Full- Service Dining outlets, two bars, a grab & go and 24 hr. room service. Our pools, spa and sunshine are calling your name. Book with us today to make memories that will last a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TravelUp, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Agoda, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peabody Orlando Hotel Orlando
- The Peabody Hotel Orlando
- Peabody Orlando
- Peabody Hotel Orlando Fl