“Fantastic Hotel”

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #32 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed in this hotel over Christmas and New Year. The hotel is in a great location on I-Drive for accessing all theme parks and was right next to Pointe Orlando for bars and restaurants at night. The rooms are nice, big and modern. Loved the TV in the mirror in the bathroom. The duck parade was also good to see, def not seen in any other hotels. Would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (6,009)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We like the rate and tried the hotel, but I would not come back. Self parking expensive and far away, lines everywhere, it took us more than 1/2 hour to check in. The room was nice, but we found a roach in the closet when we moved our luggage. We took a picture but finally did not say anything. However, I have to say that the room service was good, very nice and accommodating. We tried it once, I think you would do better in any of the Lake Buena Vista Hotels and Resorts and they are closer to the park. Everytime the next door people took a shower, it sounded like there was a train in our bathroom.

Room Tip: Do your homework, look for another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Yumuri_12:

Thank you for the opportunity to host you Orlando visit; it disappointments me to read that your experience did not meet your expectations. I will share your experiences with my team, who are committed to providing comfortable accommodations and memorable experiences. I do hope you will consider The Peabody Orlando to host your next visit to our area.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Was here in March 2013 for a work conference. I have varied opinions on different things so I'm going to split this review up -

Hotel: Amazing, large, grand and gorgeous. Expensive but worth its value if you're looking to stay in a nice place. Clean and comfortable rooms, housekeeping is kind and friendly. No complaints about the hotel in that regard. It is very large and has a amazing gym and spa

Front desk service: Nice and polite but not helpful at all. I requested an early check in when booking and when I arrived, they weren't able to accommodate. I was asked to check-in and they would call me when my room became available. 2.5hrs later, still no call so I went back to the front desk. I was told they didn't have "my" room available but had another king-size available in the other tower that I could have -- well of course, gladly! I don't get why I was made to wait when a room was available :S The other issue was checking out...I requested late check out just because check-out was at noon and that's when my conference ended. I wanted to go back up to my room and change out of my business clothes for my flight etc. I was told the hotel was fully booked and couldn't provide late check out. Understood, I didn't argue. I later find out two of my colleagues were given late check-out (1pm and 2pm respectively..). Again, this makes no sense to me.... all I needed was 12:30... had to change and repack my luggage in the fitness center...

Spa: Amazing amazing! I got treated to a Peabody full body massage, by Rita (highly highly recommend her!). Honestly one of the best massages I have ever received. I do regret not being told when I was booking about the heated outdoor private pool connected to the spa, or the hot tub, or the sauna...I would have come prepared and left myself more time to take advantage of those things but was never told and it doesn't say that anywhere in their pamphlet.

Business center: Nice staff, very friendly. You can print your boarding pass for free which was nice but everything else is pretty expensive. We had items shipped to the hotel for our conference and had to pay a fee per lb for the hotel to bring it from their dock to the business center for us to pick up. And then if we wanted them to bring it to our room or anywhere outside the business center, more charges...

Bline diner: Great wait staff, nice ambiance, and affordable dining for a quick meal. Not fancy but nice casual joint.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear roobes:

Thank you for sharing your detailed review of our hotel with me. I appreciate knowing about our guests' experiences so we can celebrate our successes and address any challenges to better serve you in the future. I will be sharing your comments with our staff and will engage them in further training where needed to ensure that our high standards are maintained. Whether for business or pleasure, when traveling to our area, I hope The Peabody Orlando will serve as your host hotel.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Are family stayed at the peabody for 7 days for spring break got the club level room and as an part of it was free valet parking and we had an rental car and about the 4th night in we got back to the hotel from the theme park late at night around 11 and we handed the car over to valet and right as we got into the hotel noticed we left the one of are iPhones in the car cup holder and about after 1 minute after an had they bring the car back around to get it and no phone in the car and the valet had to take it and the young kid that took are car some how came from the inside of the hotel and i forgot to say it took them 30 minutes to bring it back around and after the whole thing the manger on duty pretty much said that we were out of luck and they cant do anything about it..... hotel is nice and clean and really good, but would NOT stay here again because of this and not tell anyone to stay here, for the price that everyone pays to stay here it is not happen.... P.S. as we left the hotel the valet damage an guys truck and broke the key in the key hole.

Dear dude4hockey11:

Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. Our security team has submitted the reported loss to our risk management team who will be following up with you once they complete their investigation. I want to assure you that the safety and security of our guests and their property is of the upmost importance to us and invite you to contact me if I can assist you with any additional concerns.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We received a decent corporate rate so thought we would try it for our family spring break. We have 3 kids (11, 10 and 6) so requested roll away and was in the room when we arrived late from Disney at 11 p.m exhausted from our day. Was very comfortable rollaway in kids argued over who got to sleep in it. standard room was a little small especially bathroom, but only if that bothers you (it was great for us and has TV build into bathroom mirror that kids liked).
famous for duck march but with our busy schedule did not get to see, but each morning we would see a swimmer in lap pool and momma duck and 10 little ones swimming behind. Two pool areas, lap pool on one side, and big waterfall one you see on the site on the other side. Made it to the big pool at the end of the day after Seaworld one day and got last call at the bar that closes at 7, so nice drink and swim before going to dinner. Free shuttle (golf cart) to the area down the street with all the restaurants but also walking distance, capital grill, tommy bahamas, etc..... we did not eat at the hotel but did hit their coffee shop every morning for coffee and muffins. hotel does provide free water bottles and bellman ask if we needed a few more at check in. (mini bar only had water in it, which is a bonus for us since we do not want the kids raiding it all week and us paying for it later...) Concierge we used often and usually had two folks working at all times...ask about restaurant for family and they said Copper Canyon, so we looked on TA first, and agreed, great family place. Valet parking I think $26 a day and $16 for self park near big pool. real nice gym with 3 different rooms...spa looked nice but did not get to try it.... so monster big convention like hotel, that does not feel at all like that description. Bellman staff real professional and will stay there again.....also free or cheap shuttle to Sea world was big bonus as well.

Room Tip: since just a couple of bottles of water in the mini fridge, you could bring a few items to chill if...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear EventDriven:

Thank you for spending your spring break vacation with us at The Peabody Orlando. I am glad you enjoyed your accommodations and the services we had available to assist you and your family make the most out of your Orlando visit. Perhaps we will have the pleasure of seeing you again and introducing you to our duck march experience and to the talented spa staff who can provide you with a rejuvenating experience after spending time at the local parks.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at the Peabody with our family the night before Easter as we were having Easter Brunch at the Cappricio. The bellman, Manny, was great, very friendly and showed us into our beautiful room then we immediatly went to the grotto pool. Getting towels at the pool was kind of a mess, I understand it was busy but they make you sign the towels out which is fine but the attendent wasn't really helping any of us just conversating with another attendant and a guest about some other issue that really had nothing to do with him so we had to wait for him and the line got out of control and he wasn't friendly either. They could of streamlined that a lot better being it was a holiday weekend. I also was not impressed with the staff at the pool bar. When you are paying 10 bucks a cocktail you would like somewhat of a smile delivered with it. Neither one of the bartenders made good drinks or conversation which is interesting because they told us they appreciate locals at the pool bar (which we are) but they didn't seem to appreciate our business. Another thing that put me off was the random trash all around the property. Again, I know it's Spring Break and the place is busy so the place is full but we saw employees actually just walking by trash and ignorning it. There should of been some kind of attendant for the public areas keeping it nice. The Easter Egg hunt was nice but again, your pool attendants/activities people were not nice there either. Beautiful property but the employees should have more pride in it and the hotel and their service. The food was good every where we ate, not cheap, but that's ok we expected it. One more thing, the Magician was AWESOME! We have the pleasure of meeting him in the B-Line Diner and he was fantastic. A great asset to your resort!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear ktown25:

Thank you for spending your Easter holiday with us, I am glad you enjoyed the egg hunt and the magician’s entertainment. I appreciate the ability to recognize Manny for his friendly service during your arrival but regret that your encounters with the pool associates did not earn that same praise. I will follow up with my management team so we may ensure our Peabody Service Excellence standards are maintained and feel confident that you will encounter the same great service experiences with all associates that you did with Manny during your next visit.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

First off, convenient location and beautiful hotel. I went to check in and it took me waiting in a long line for awhile ONLY to be checked-in at the window for another 30 mins. They had computer problems and someone else got our room...so we were given a "club level" room for the inconvenience. Being my first time at this Hotel you would think they would have explained where things were located via a map etc. food, gym, pool etc. NOPE- nothing at all! The guy next to me got the full details- my front desk experience left a bit to be desired! So, now we are upgraded for the inconvience and have to move to a different room the next day. Sounds good...free valet, breakfast at the club level for free etc. We don't want to valet....way too much waiting involved and I really wanted to unpack and get settled. We had a FULL day planned at Universal the next morning so that was a pretty big pain in the [--]. We got back after 10pm to wait in lline AGAIN to get our "new" room and make sure all of our stuff was moved for us. (I really don't love the idea of people moving my bags when I'm not there- I guess that's what happens when you're from Miami-LOL) I have to give BIG props for the Bell men- not one issue they were on it and they said they had to do a big stack of moves. Good job guys! :) The room itself is nice- 2 queen beds, big TV, floor (courtesy) lights when walking around for night time, TV in bathroom mirror, big bathroom with nice counter space, side bed lights etc. Nice room, big hotel. ont he flip side the other issues that made us crazy. Parking garage- first it's quite a hike to the garage itself. After standing in lines at the theme parks ALL DAY it was tiring and our room key never worked to let us OUT. So on the way in we would get a ticket. We would sit there at the gate trying to get out and it never worked and we had to insert our credit card to get out almost every time. AND we went in and out more than once a day- still not sure if we overpaid?! On the plus side the pool/diner and other stuff. The kids enjoyed the pool area and all it offered. Again, nice and upscale in my opinion. However, like many resorts people would put their towels on chairs to save a spot for themselves. This just annoys me in general- so no lounge chairs for people coming out later in the day. I'm not one to hang next to people who look like they are packing up to leave. They also had some crafts and a movie night for the kids. That was GREAT! The Hotel had a small cute diner, yes, overpriced but for the convenience I'll do it. Good food, good staff and HUGE portions! Thumps up! We checked out early to head home after an exhausting three day visit at Universal- very busy week because of Spring Break etc. One other recommendation- when you're in the area check out the Outlet Malls (also very busy) and lots of rude visitors but good prices on lots of designer stuff! :) So, my bottom line is I would stay again but only with a really great deal which I got at this Hotel for this visit. For full price I wouldn't stay here. I really prefer smaller Hotels, less lines and less parking nightmares.

Dear Heather H:

Thank you for the opportunity to host your family visit to Orlando. I appreciate knowing that our bell staff was very helpful to you and am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel amenities along with a special movie night. I regret the situations you encountered which affected your view of our hotel. I appreciate hearing of your experiences as this gives me the opportunity to address your concerns. Rest assured, I value your business and expect your next visit with us to provide you with an excellent stay experience. In the mean time, if I can assist you with any concerns over parking charges, I invite you to contact me.