“Stayed 1 night - good experience”

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #28 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sugar Land, Texas
“Stayed 1 night - good experience”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I just came back from staying 1 night at The Peabody. This was for business travel so I cannot comment on price or value. I found the staff extremely helpful. The hotel was nice and clean.

I thought the room size was nice. The tubs are huge and with the curved shower bar gives you lots of room in the shower. I was not able to leave the bath mat on the floor as the door would not open with it on the floor. Also you have to come all the way in to close the door - a little awkward but nothing I couldn't work around. I think the night lights that come on when walk at night are a nice touch. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and I heard very little if any hall traffic. The free wi-fi (included because of a resort fee) was sketchy.

The concierge staff and valet staff were so helpful. Giving me nice tips on restaurants within in walking distance or driving distance. They even printed out the movie schedule for me - there is a theatre almost across the street. If you self park, it is quite a hike back to the hotel but if you can arrange it they offer a driver in a golf cart to take you to your car in the garage.

I didn't get to use the pool but the pool area is huge and very nice with a nice children's area. There is no coffee pot in the room but they do offer complimentary coffee in the lobby during a specified time. They do have a small frig in the room and you are offered 2 bottles of water a day.

I found the location convenient and the amenities nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear RLWinslow:

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I enjoy hearing about our staff being extremely helpful and that you found our bedding to be comfortable. I appreciate your feedback and hope your next stay will allow you the opportunity to experience more of the leisure activities we have to offer.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (957)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Nice, France
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Okay I am not an Orlando fan. Once you skip the amusement parks, golf, and shopping malls, there is no there there. But the staff was great. The spa was overpriced. The diner food was decent. But hurrah for the ducks. The ducks are cool.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Honeypot62:

I appreciate hearing about our great staff and that you did not miss out on our cool duck experience. I am glad we had the opportunity to host your business trip and sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Peabody Orlando.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were here for two days,before christmas ,we did maybe expect more than we got!
Our party of 11 had different rooms, some of us had visited the hotel before and it seem better before.We tried the american restaurant wich was open all day ,but it was not special, rather boring.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear stig56:

Thank you for selecting The Peabody Orlando; I appreciate the opportunity to host your family holiday. I realize you have a variety of choices for accommodations so reading that we did not achieve an excellent rating disappoints me. I want to assure you that we continue to evaluate our products and services and hope you will consider a future stay with us when traveling back to the Orlando area as I am confident we will exceed your expectations.

San Francisco, CA
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This past week I stayed at the Peabody for a convention in Orlando and it was a fine experience. Highlights were the gym, the in room large bathtub, and the sensor lights under the nightstand and bathroom sink. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The food in the restaurant Napa and room service was okay at best, but they have a nice selection of wines from Napa.

1 Thank Whirled_Traveler0007
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Whirled_Traveler007:

I appreciate hearing about your fine experience with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed the comforts of your guest room and that our fitness facility was one of the highlights of your visit. I also appreciate the opportunity to share your feedback on our wine selection at Napa with our culinary team. I look forward to seeing you again when traveling back to the Orlando area and hope you will expand your Peabody experiences with a visit to our spa.

Parkland, Florida
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Spent 3 nights here while attending a conference. Although this tries to be a luxury property (and appears so at first glance) my time spent in the room(s) revealed a series of little issues, such as a malfunctioning TV, an A/C unit which only operated on high (keeping the room arctic), a shower head which was so loose it was about to fall off, etc. Otherwise, no complaints about the room itself which was clean, comfortable and fresh.
My issues with this stay, however, are directly related to the lack of customer care. My first room (room 10554) was located directly above a hotel party room which also had an outdoor area where guests could gather. There was an extremely loud party with live music going on. The guests were mingling outside directly under my window, drinking, yelling, laughing, smoking and generally making a loud racket. To make a long story short, the music and racket continued well past the 10:00 PM curfew and my multiple complaints got me nowhere. When I asked to speak with the hotel manager I was told he was dealing with an emergency and would get back to me - he never did. The party continued until well past midnight and I was unable to get much sleep. There was no apology, no follow up and the manager never contacted me. The next day I was switched to another room, which shared a wall with the elevator shaft (room 21514). Imagine, a guest complains about noise and is switched to a room next to the elevators!! Call me paranoid, but somehow, I don't think this was coincidental. The white noise from the A/C along with earplugs was enough to drown out the constant moan of the elevators.
The highlight of my stay was when the valet lost the key to my car. Of course, they blamed me until the found the key in the valet booth. Again, no apology was offered.
I spend about 75 nights/year in hotels for business travel, and this property is one of the worst for customer service I have ever experienced. I was supposed to be returning here again in 2 weeks to attend another meeting. I have instructed my travel agency to book me elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, stay elsewhere.
Dear RichJW:

I appreciate the opportunity to follow up on your concerns, but I regret that this was not resolved to your satisfaction immediately. I value your business and hope you will grant us the opportunity to regain your confidence in our abilities to exceed the standards of service established for The Peabody Orlando when you are in Orlando in two weeks.

Hollywood, South Carolina
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and daughter for a convention. My daughter is 9 months old and the hotel was very accommodating to my daughter. We asked for a crib and they brought and actual full size crib, not a pack and play. We did bring our own crib sheets but the sheets they provided looked very clean and almost new. We stayed in an executive room for extra room. Much needed extra room. The ducks were also a great addition for entertainment for the baby. Easy walk across International to the convention center. Very close walking distance to many good restaurants and also an easy drive to lots of other options. I would definitely stay here again. My top option for staying in Orlando for a convention. Also easy access to Disney and Universal.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for an executive room. The added space was much appreciated especially with a...
1 Thank DDB0726
Dear DDB0726:

Thank you for your review of The Peabody Orlando. I certainly enjoy hearing that you would definitely stay here again. Whether for business or pleasure, I look forward to hosting your return visit.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The Peabody is a high end property. New tower still has that "new" hotel smell. The lines for check in were consistently long, it always seems as if the desk was staffed with just enough people to get by, depending on how many guests they were expecting. Nice layout with the very lively "Rocks" lounge right off the lobby.
Pool area on new side was very nice with the well serviced "Coconuts" pool side restaurant. Great for a snack and cocktail after a long day on a convention floor. Very nice pool.
Smack dab in the middle of "I" Drive (International Drive), where there is ton of restaurants and places for nightlife.
And if you're in town for a convention, no bus or cab to get there, just walk 50 yards accross the street or though the over the street enclosed walkway. Similarly, at the end of the day, you're in your room in minutes.
Staff was competent and no glitches in service. But nothing that stuns you. Just good solid service. Cab line is extremely well run and don't be afraid if you see a line, no more than a 5 minute wait. The staff is very attentive there.
The Duck parade is a very special touch that gives the Peabody character to match its efficiencies.

Room Tip: I had a suite on the 26th (concierge floor) of the new tower. It was a corner suite looking directly...
1 Thank Davek36