Hyatt Regency Orlando
$191
$127
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$158
$138
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$388
$303
Hotels.com
6,254 results
All reviewsbathroom mirrorb line dinerconvention centernew towerduck marchgrotto poolurban tidepeabody ducksinternational drivehuge hotelbeautiful hotelresort feeself parkingattending a conferencerestaurants and barsper daylobby bar
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a convention hotel.
To some, that should say it all; for others, it implies big, busy, and not particularly customer friendly. Very unfortunately, the aforementioned attributes do characterize this outpost of the small, but venerable family of hotels.
Because this property has vast meeting facilities, and is located across the street from the Orange County Convention Center, they cater primarily to big groups attending functions at either or both of these venues.
Frankly, there is no motivation to garner favor with the guests, and the Peabody understands that most attendees have not selected the accommodations, and will most likely not return.
Unfortunately, this dynamic pervades the hotel. From very long check in lines, to long waits for rooms, arriving customers are forced to endure prolonged waits, both in the lines to reach understaffed front desk personnel, and to wait for (what I can only assume to be) overworked housekeeping staff to turn over the rooms.
While the rooms themselves are OK; small annoyances, like no coffee makers, serve to reinforce the indifference of management to its guests. The alternative for take out morning coffee is a very long wait at a single lobby coffee stand where a large cup will set you back almost $5. Of course, there is always room service, which will result in a bill (with tip, tax and service charge) closer to $20. Add to that parking fees and the bundle of should-be-included services which is added on to the base room rate, and a Peabody guest will have spent a great deal without even enjoying all that the rest of Orlando has to offer in the way of overpriced food and entertainment.
After enjoying the daily duck parade, this reviewer was left wishing that the Peabody treated its guests with the same deference as they do their iconic feathered friends.

Room Tip: Don't worry too much about in which tower your room is located. After they built the new wing of the property, they remodeled the older rooms to essentially match the newer half of the hotel. If you must have a balcony, be sure to request it, as not all rooms have this feature.
1  Thank TripCorrespondent
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear TripCorrespondent

I appreciate your feedback on your recent stay with us. Please know that we are dedicated to providing consistent, first-class service to all our guests in all aspects of our facilities and services, from check-in to check-out. We take any element of our service delivery that diminishes or detracts from that goal very seriously. I regret the experiences you describe and assure you that delays at the front desk have been eliminated. I hope you will consider a return visit as I feel confident that the service levels throughout the hotel will meet the 4-Star, 4-Diamond standards established for The Peabody Orlando.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We enjoyed this hotel. The rooms are a little small. We had a nice view up on the 24th floor. I really enjoyed the pools. Check-in was quick and efficient. The reception was wonderful! The bell service made us feel very taken care of. They have a little cafe right next to the reception area and it was convenient. The hotel is huge and I got lost a few times, but everyone was helpful in getting me to where I needed to be.

Dear Jkmb26:

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel; that you felt taken care of and that everyone was helpful. I traveling to our area in the future, I hope The Peabody Orlando will have the pleasure of serving as your host.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This hotel is just lovely. It's welcoming, airy, easy to get around and has great convention space for large or small groups. The rooms are first class...love the TVs in the bathroom mirrors. I held a convention for 4,000+ people and the food was excellent. They also have a great skybridge over to the convention center. The staff was attentive. This hotel is comfortable and not stuffy at all. Restaurant prices were expensive, though.

Room Tip: The old tower was renovated just like the new tower, so it really doesn't matter. I don't think they have a bad room. If you're meeting in the convention center, the older tower is closer, so you'll have less of a walk.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Pjslw

Dear PiaWilliams:

Thank you for your convention business and thank you for your review. I appreciate hearing that our hotel is welcoming and the staff attentive. For business or pleasure, I hope we will be welcoming you back to The Peabody Orlando.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the Peabody we knew this was going to be something special. From the gentleman who checked us in, to the bell service and concierge, everyone was so welcoming, professional and fabulous - this is how you want to feel when starting your vacation! My friend and I checked into a STUNNING suite with a HUGE balcony! The bar area was so classy and relaxing....the bartenders are fantastic. The atmosphere is so cool and cosmopolitan you almost forget you are in Orlando. The pool areas are terrific. I especially liked the large pool - the bar and appetizer service was outstanding and while it was busy, it never seemed crowded. This is a big pool area. We took advantage of the spa, which was a great experience and room service was timely and delicious. The ducks were so cute and such a fun tradition to get to take part in. I would highly recommend this resort - it was amazing.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Megan A:

Thank you, I appreciate your review and recommendation of The Peabody Orlando. I take so much pleasure in reading how our associates were so welcoming, professional and fabulous, I know the team will take pleasure in reading this feedback too. I’m glad you experienced so much of the hotel and treated yourself to a spa experience. I look forward to a future opportunity to host your next Orlando visit.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here for one evening for a conference last week. The rooms were large and the bed was extremely comfortable. I had no issues at all with the wireless internet. Shower pressure was just OK, but bathroom was large and clean. I love the TV in the mirror! Food served at the conference was very good and the diner was very good for breakfast and lunch. Only downside was that the place was so large that walking from the room to the conference area was quite a trek if you have to carry anything heavy. No affiliation with major hotel chains, so that is a negative for point collectors such as myself. I have no hesitation recommending this hotel if you're willing to spend the money.

Dear John G:

Thank you for your recommendation of The Peabody Orlando. I appreciate your review and value your feedback. Should you be interested in learning about our specials, particularly for a holiday getaway, please visit our webpage and sign up for email communications. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel.