“Perfect location for good business hotel”

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #26 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Auburn, ME
“Perfect location for good business hotel”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Across from Convention Center so the location is great. Excellent restaurants. I enjoyed the room both in layout and size. Lobby is too small and bar is too small to have meetings so that is drawback for business get togethers.

• Stayed October 2012
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear rweis1d:

I appreciate hearing about your business stay with us. Along with Mallards Lobby Bar, we do have Rocks Bar, which is a popular location offering numerous sitting areas and overlooks our Grotto pool area. For business or pleasure, I hope you will find this suitable for an adult get together when you visit us again.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (980)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

First, let me state that I've stayed in various hotels along International Drive and Universal but none compare to The Peabody. I booked first time through hotwire and I had read a review from this hotel stating that customers from Hotwire where treated less than average. However, to my surprise we were greeted very proffesionally by Danielle and were even upgraded to a pool view! The first impression was this hotel is HUGE! There are lots of places to eat and many places to sit down and just people watch. Even though there are many floors, the most time we had to wait for an elevator was about 1 minute! We chose to self-park our vehicle on their parking garage, there is a fee for about $16 + tax. This is a decent price, however the walk to the garage was not so great. The side walk was very narrow and always busy, that occompanied by the cold winds at night did not make for a pleasant walk. However, that was our only complain. When we got to the room it was immaculate and the bed was very comfortable. They have some very nice features on the tv as well, we checked out using it. The sensor lights at night were very cool and the tv in the mirror was great! The water pressure was excellent in the spacious tub/shower. I would recomend this hotel to anyone planning to visit Orlando and am sure to book this hotel whenever I will return to Orlando.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank qbanchula04
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear qbanchula04:

I appreciate the opportunity to exceed your expectations during your recent visit to our area. I am pleased to read you describe The Peabody Orlando as the ‘best hotel in Orlando’ and that Danielle was a part of creating this experience. I will enjoy sharing your review with her and her team members. Feedback such as this inspires us all to continue achieving Service Excellence. I look forward to your return stay.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

While the property is quit nice, I have never seen such poor service from a hotel, high and low end. Every time we were at the reception counter, someone was complaining! It took them 30 mins to bring them our car and when we didn't tip them for such terrible service, the valet guy got angry. I will never stay at this hotel again and strongly recommend that you do not either.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Choprano
Dear Choprano:

I value your feedback on your experience at our hotel and want to assure that the situations described do not represent our standards of service. I am already following up with our management team and feel confident that any deficiencies will be corrected. I regret this experience and hope you will consider The Peabody Orlando for a future stay so that you may regain your confidence in our abilities to serve you.

Vancouver
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I figure for having a one bedroom suite at $450 per night there ought to be a coffee station in the room but there is only a long line for coffee in the lobby. We arrived early and the room wasn't ready so they gave us some coupons to have a drink at the bar...nice touch. Rooms are nicely appointed, the views are great. Beds comfortable. One neat feature is there is a little light under the bedside tables and the bathroom counter that has a motion sensor so when you are tripping your way in the night, the light comes one automatically but just shines enough on the floor so you don't stub your toe! Very cool. The second morning we noticed they had taken the soap and shampoo out of the shower but hadn't replaced any in the room so had to go down the hall in search of a housekeeper...a small oversight. Valet parking is really terrible because we called down, were told 10-15 minutes, arrived in 10 minutes and then waited for another 45 minutes...simply not acceptable. Location is very central for the Universal Parks and and easy shoot to Disney World. Lots of good choices for restaurants right within walking distance, particularly at Pointe Orlando. There are lots of pools and the spa looks awesome although we didn't use it.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a suite and pay the difference to get a huge room on a high floor. Corner sui...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Piperbear:
Thank you for staying with us, I appreciate your business along with your feedback. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the comfort of your guestroom but regret any unexpected delays with valet service. I appreciate the opportunity to follow up with our Housekeeping management team to ensure guest room supply standards are maintained. I hope that you will consider The Peabody Orlando as your host hotel when visiting our area again, and may try our Loft rooms, which do feature and in-room coffee maker.

Cape May Court House, New Jersey
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I attend a convention at the OCCC every November and have stayed at Peabody multiple times over the years. As always, the Peabody did not disappoint.

Simply put, if you are a seasoned business or pleasure traveler, I can’t see how you wouldn’t be completely satisfied with the Peabody. The property has it all together from its’ amenities, service and cleanliness.

Several years ago, a new tower was constructed and all of the existing rooms in the “old tower” were renovated, so they are all basically the same with modern appointments. The bathrooms are very nice complete with imbedded TV’s in the mirrors. The decor is fresh and there is a mini fridge in every room. I really can’t see anyone being disappointed with the room. There are even motion activated LED floor nights in the bathroom and bedroom areas that light up at night if you need to take a "midnight" bathroom visit.

Overall, the property is huge. The new pool complex is impressive with lots of seating, a small waterside and a very nice “grotto” style pool.

The onsite Bee Line Diner is a must visit...always a great meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner. I highly recommend the Eggs Benedict, at any time of the day.

Pointe Orlando with tons of shopping and dining is only a few minutes walk away. And if you want to catch a game, Millers Ale House is about a 8-10 minute walk down I-Drive and is an awesome “sports bar” with decent food and dozens of TV’s.

If you have business at the OCCC, it is only about a 7 minute walk from the Peabody and there is a covered walkway directly from the hotel to the convention center; so rain is never a factor.

Overall the Peabody is a premium business class property with tons of amenities offering the highest level of service. And while a little corny, try to catch a duck march every day at 11am at the lobby fountain…you won’t want to admit it, but it’s pretty cool.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are pretty much equal. If you want views, get a room on a higher floor. In the en...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear GeorgeRohman:

Thank you for your return business. I appreciate your review and recommendation of The Peabody Orlando for business or pleasure. I particularly enjoy reading your mention of “the highest level of service” that you experienced. We strive to make every guest stay a positive experience and feedback such as yours and certainly appreciate it as a benchmark to achieving our goal. I look forward to our next opportunity to serve you Mr. Rohman.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed December 27, 2012

It's fun to visit the Peabody Hotel during Christmas and watch the daily (2x) duck show. During Christmas, there are over 12 Christmas trees throughout the hotel and great decorations. They built a ginger bread city-see my photo.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PATSKB007
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear PATSKB007:

I am so glad you stopped by to see us at The Peabody Orlando. It’s a fun event to tour all the Christmas decorations and our very talented Pastry Chefs did an awesome job creating the gingerbread village, complete with a running train! Hope to see you back at the hotel soon.

Director of Rooms
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Just had a fantastic Christmas dinner at the capriccio grill was fantastic staff excellent food was wonderful so much to choose from and the seafood so fresh I would recommend to anybody best Christmas meal out we have had

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear sjsav:

I am very pleased to know that The Peabody Orlando was a part of your Christmas celebration. I am glad you enjoyed excellent food with fantastic service. I hope to see you again next year.