“Great stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Morton, Illinois
“Great stay”
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Very helpful staff. Proficient when at capacity. Convenient to convention center, location is great. Ducks are fun. Rooms are nice. All the amenities are available. Great selection of restaurants. Good variety.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (969)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed 2 nights at The Peabody Orlando. Great stay. Great location.....clean hotel with friendly staff - I hope to make another trip soon and will stay at The Peabody again. My son loved the ducks each morning, these ducks really get royal treatment! Was comfy and close to all attraction.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear travelalillbit:
Thank you for your business and for mentioning our friendly staff. I appreciate hearing about your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you and your son back to The Peabody Orlando.

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We got a Loft room on the 27th floor -- it was a beautiful room. We had a corner room so the extra windows added a lot of light. You have to use your room key to get the elevator to this floor so that was a nice security feature.
The room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was comfortable - the feather pillows were not the best but overall it provided for a great nights sleep. The thermostat would go down to 65F but the room never cooled to that level when we put it on it. There was a fan setting that when put on hi provided a soothing noise to go to sleep to.
The room had a flat screen tv that was ample and there were quite a few cable stations.
We got a free glass of wine, cheese and fruit during our stay along with turn down service which you really don't see that much anymore.
Check-in was quick and efficient. The resort fee was a joke - should be an option not something forced down your throat. I didn't use the internet and didn't need to take the trolly since I had a car. The self parking fee was too high considering how far you had to walk from the hotel to it - should have been 1/2 the price or included in a Florida Resident rate like many hotels do.
Would stay here again though.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room - you will love the extra light.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear drjds71:

I am pleased to know how you enjoyed the comforts and amenities provided our Loft level guest rooms at The Peabody Orlando and that you would return to enjoy another stay with us. I value your feedback as we strive for continuous product improvement and look forward to hosting your next visit to our area.

Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The Peabody is an impressive hotel with several grand entrances and attached to the large Orange County Convention Center. It is probably the nicest hotel I have stayed in in the Orlando area.
I stayed in a Superior King room - it matched the description on the Peabody website. The rooms are quite high tech in that there are motion sensors that detect movement from under the sidetables which light up from the bottom at night if you need some light and not wanting to wake anyone. The bathroom mirror had a built in tv into it. Very cool feature. I did notice however that there was a lack of attention to detail hence my 4 star rating. Not sure how a hotel can have a tv in a mirror and then have crooked electrical socket plates on the wall right next to it? LOL.
Had an issue with the A/C on the first night not cooling. I called early the next morning and they said they would take care of it. They didnt seem like it was a big deal. To me it was although true to their word it was taken care of.
The staff were polite -not overly friendly but polite and I dont mean this to be a reproach. Didnt get a chance to eat on property other than coffee at one of the little cafe's which was very nice. Saw the ducks - they were cute and really liked the duck soap in the rooms.
A very comfortable and clean hotel - I do reccommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear nevermind2007:
Thank you for both your review and recommendation of The Peabody Orlando. I am very pleased to know how you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were responsive to your needs. I appreciate you sharing your feedback with me and look forward to any opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was at the Peabody Hotel Orlando on a business trip. Everyone I came into contact was very hospitable and knew and lived the Customer Service motto. Damarys and Greg in the Food and Beverage division were over the top fantastic. Thank You.

Dear Jay R:

Thank you for mentioning, in particular, your pleasant encounters with our Food and Beverage associates. I appreciate your review and our ability to recognize Damarys and Greg for their hospitality standards. When planning a trip to Orlando, I hope The Peabody Orlando will once again be your host hotel.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have stayed in numerous hotels, but I was especially impressed with the efficiency of the staff. On one occasion my shower/tub was draining slowly. I called the maintenance department as I was preparing to go to the trade show across the street and expected them to fix it sometime during the day. Less than 5 minutes later I opened the door to leave and the repairman was already at my door, . . I never waited more than a few seconds for an elevator. Amazing place.

Dear flyingdiamond:

I enjoy hearing how efficiently our staff responded to your needs, the comfort of our guests is a high priority for us. Thank you for sharing your stay experience at The Peabody Orlando with me, I hope we will have the opportunity to impress you again when traveling back to Orlando.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Peabody Orlando is a gorgeous hotel in a great location. We stayed there for a work conference. It seemed to be close to Disney and Sea World, although we did not venture that way. It was a quick walk or drive from TONS of restaurants and shops, not to mention the fantastic restaurants inside The Peabody! We had a fantastic dinner in the hotel on the first night and another wonderful dinner nearby the second. After each, I was able to take a nice, brisk 2 mile walk up the strip. The weather was rainy and overcast most of the time so I can't vouch for the pool.

The room was immaculate and beautifully decorated. The soaps were duck shaped (like most things in the hotel) which was fun. There was also a TV in the bathroom mirror. I wasn't sure why but I enjoyed listening to the news while I showered.

Since I was travelling for work, I'm not sure what the cost of the room per night was, but, I'd stay here again in a heartbeat and I would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear ak195:

I appreciate your review and recommendation of The Peabody Orlando. I am glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us and enjoyed diner at one of our restaurants too. I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel and hope our weather is sunny and warm when your return so you may experience our pool.