“Perfect for Convention Hotel”

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #30 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed several evenings, and our second stay at the Peabody. Self parked in hotel garage which is not too far to walk, and you use hotel key to access garage. Parking fee is added to hotel bill. Hotel offers golf cart ride to garage if needed. Hotel is connected to Orange County Convention center which is nice and convenient, but quite a hike. Check in was uneventful, and clerk was very pleasant. Hotel is large and it's nice there are several elevators to eliminate waiting, or crowds. Our room was a king and seemed a little dated. Our bed was very worn; either had to sleep on the edge, or find place in middle that hadn't been broken down. The bath towels were thin and had to ask for more, along with asking for more soap. Several places of mold were forming in shower. Room was at the end of the hall and was very quiet. Cleaning staff was very friendly and willing to accommodate when asking for more supplies. There is a lovely and inviting pool area but have never used it. Haven't really seen many people use it. Ate breakfast at the hotel which was very good. Hotel has several restaurants and bars. Ate in one of the restaurants, Dux, and it was excellent. All in all, this is a very nice facility and the staff is wonderful. The only downside was the room. The duck walk is always wonderful to watch.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Kathy K:

I appreciate your return business Kathy, along with your feedback. I am happy to know that your encounters with our staff were wonderful and that you enjoyed your dining experiences too.
I do regret the guest room situations you describe, but am grateful for the opportunity to follow up with my housekeeping management team on these concerns. I hope we have the chance to see you back at our hotel when you are in Orlando again.
Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Write a ReviewReviews (5,907)

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was at this hotel for a convention in July. The convention staff were very courteous. The breakfast which was offered by the hotel was good. The food at lunch and dinner catered at the convention was a different story. The room was very nice here. Getting around to the convention center was a little confusing at first. The only weak point was that the hotel staff were unable to direct me to the airport shuttle after checkout. I called them and they were not of help. I found the proper space on my own, but it looked a bit disorganized for a convention with thousands of people. I would definitely stay again if I go to Orlando again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear spatel300:

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback and enjoy knowing that you enjoyed your convention and stay at The Peabody Orlando. I do regret any challenge in locating your pick up point for the airport shuttle and will follow up with our management team to ensure that all associates are fully informed on this service. When your travel plans include Orlando, I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

booked in for our last night in Orlando after 3 weeks in florida - Great hotel i wish we could have stayed 2 nights. They have large pools which are heated we arrived around 7pm and went for a swim after 9pm. The bathroom has a mirrow which has a tv built in, the rooms are spotless. You do have to pay 16 dollars a day parking which we did'nt know about so could rack up if you staying a long time, you pay a small fee for wifi and coffee in the morning but its only on untill 8:30am + you get free i ride tickets. The kids loved seeing the ducks in the lobby. We had a lovely time it really is a nice hotel, so go ahead and treat yourself.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sunnysky2010
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed at the Peabody Hotel In Orlando last month...our convention was handled with perfection and the Team went out of their way to ensure all was taken care off.
The Gym and the room was perfect and the services simply Awesome.... :)

Love the ritual with the famous ducks at the courtyard fountain..... was a magical experience.

thanks to the management and hard working team at Peabody Orlando.

All the best !!

Room Tip: Stay on the 8th floor ...awesome view of the City.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HROBangalore
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear GMHROBangalore:

Thank you for sharing your great Peabody stay experience with me. I appreciate your business and your feedback regarding the level of service you enjoyed from our team.

I am very proud of the hospitality professionals that are ready to respond to our guest’s needs. I hope to see you back at our hotel again when you travel plans include Orlando.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Lovely hotel. The original tower has lovely rooms too. You don't have to be in the new tower to have a great stay. The Cajun pasta in the bistro was excellent! Ducks are always a treat in the lobby at 11 am and 5 pm. Excellent location if you are attending the Convention centre across the street. Even if it cost a little more, it is worth to be in the right location, no need to rent a car or taxis. Free coffee in the Mallard lobby was appreciated each morning. The TV within the bathroom mirror was awesome, especially to catch news in the morning, while having a shave. The neat feature on having night lights
Underneath the night stands and bathroom was neat, in that you could find your way at night, without the lights. Pool on the 4th floor was nice. Concierge service was great, printed boarding passes with ease. And yes, the beds and 6 pillows are amazing!!!
Very pleasant staff. Will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for the free trolley service to shopping areas.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Norman V

Dear Norman V:

I am so pleased to know how you enjoyed your stay at The Peabody Orlando. Thank you for your review and feedback on our hotel amenities and very pleasant service. I appreciate your business and look forward to hosting your return visit to the Orlando area.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We got married at the Peabody a couple of weeks ago and it was perfect! The hotel is beautiful (big) very classy and modern. I love all the little seating areas which encourage people to sit and watch the hustle and bustle. As it is attached to the convention centre it can be very busy as it was during our stay as a 'realtors' (estate agents) conference was being held but it only added to the atmosphere. We stayed in a metropolitan suite which was gorgeous with floor to ceiling windows on two sides and separate living area and bedroom. Gorgeous bathrooms with TV's in the mirror, only thing I was surprised at was there being a shower over bath rather than separate walk in shower, for a hotel of this kind I thought that was a bit odd but no matter! The pastry chefs responsible for the amazing display of cakes in the B line diner made our wedding cake and it was beyond delicious. We were married on an outside terrace attached to the orchid room where we had canaes and then a reception on the 27th floor in a club room with amazing views wher we watched the disney / epcot fireworks. We returned for our last couple of nights holiday and stayed in a villa king room which was also really lovely - really comfy beds and clever intelligent lighting when you need to get up in the night.
All in all a gorgeous hotel and we will be back to spend as many anniversaries as we can afford there! If you want to get married in orlando - do not hesitate to do it here! Our friends and family loved it too!
Thanks Peabody x

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear bluekit:
Congratulations on your recent marriage and thank you for selecting The Peabody Orlando for the honor of hosting your special events. I am very pleased to know how much you enjoyed your accommodations and celebrations; it will be a pleasure to share your feedback with our team of hospitality professionals. I look forward to welcoming you back for your anniversaries. Enjoy your new life together.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Thanks to the staff my children and I had a great stay. The brunch was spectacular. My children particularly like the tv in the bathroom mirror. Bill T, the spa director came to the rescue our last day and made everything right!!! Thanks, Bill. We will definitely stay at the Peabody when in Orlando.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear thirstytrotter:

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Peabody Orlando when you travel this way and I will be sure to share your review with Bill, our Spa Director. I am very pleased to know how he made everything right. Thank you for your feedback.