Hyatt Regency Orlando
$192
$172
$212
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$166
$170
$394
$303
6,255 results
All reviewsbathroom mirrorb line dinerconvention centernew towerduck marchgrotto poolurban tidepeabody ducksinternational drivehuge hotelbeautiful hotelresort feeself parkingattending a conferencerestaurants and barsper daylobby bar
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Nice people but horrible computer system that causes havoc on check in and over billing upon checkout. I have stayed in many hotels around the world but I've never been granted a late checkout and then been locked out of my room because the system on November 12 still fails to recognize DST. When you almost miss your flight waiting on security to open your room you have a hard time remembering how nice the staff is, but they are among the nicest.

Room Tip: I think most prefer the new tower, but I think both are fine.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear shoover:

Thank you for staying with us and for commenting on the people we have to serve your needs. While I am unaware of this DST situation you describe, I appreciate the opportunity to investigate it and take any steps necessary to correct it. I regret any concerns this created and hope that The Peabody Orlando will be part of your travel plans when you are in our area again.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Daily Self Parking.... $17.
Resort Rate..... $9.
Cup of Coffee.... $4.
Cost to print boarding pass... $3.50
Chocolate ice cream bar in shop... $5.50

.....you get the picture. What's even worse is the staff has this entitlement mentality. No one opens doors for you and it seems like they are only working for a tip.

The hotel is beautiful--- the bar, the lobby, the rooms.... all high end and nicely appointed. My husband and I loved the view from our 23rd floor room overlooking the Orlando skyline at night. Our room had nice amenities including a little duck shaped bar of soap. We of course loved the TV in the bathroom. We read about the tub-- it was just OK-- not an over-sized tub like I imagined.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. You can find a lot of equally nice hotels in Orlando with a lower price tag-- including hotels with Disney perks.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear JustCallmeTourGuide:

I value your feedback and appreciate the opportunity to have hosted your visit. I am glad you enjoyed the beauty of our hotel along with your guest room view and amenities. I regret any discomfort you felt with our service delivery but will follow up with my guest services management team to ensure each guest feels at home at The Peabody Orlando. When planning your next visit to Orlando, I hope you will once again consider us for your accommodations.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here for business and everything was impeccable. The service was prompt, the rooms were of very high quality and the staff was most helpful. The restaurants, bars, spa and connection to the convention center makes this an ideal stay for business conferences, trade shows, etc.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had stayed at 4 star hotels before but never a 4.5 star hotel. I wondered if I would be able to tell the difference or not.

I could.

The Peabody definitely gave me a picture of what a half star difference makes. It amounted to a bunch of little extras that you discovered along the way. Here are some examples: duck shaped bath soap, motion activated floor lights in the bedroom and bathroom to guide you when you get up in the night, the fitness center was bigger than my local YMCA (seriously), a plethora of comfortable pillows in a variety of thickness, television in the bathroom mirror, etc. I was pleasantly surprised. This location is within a short walk to Port Orlando where there are some amazing restaurants from the Oceanaire, Tommy Bahamas, The Capital Grille, Copper Canyon (our favorite), etc. There is a large regal theater there too and many shopping options.

There is a difference in the half star as far as price too sometimes. Self-parking was $17 dollars a day ($24 for valet). There is a $9 resort fee for miscellaneous things per day. The restaurants are nice, but pricey. A cup of coffee at the coffee shop is at least $4.

One nice thing at the Peabody is being able to watch the Peabody ducks march to and from the courtyard fountain each day (11am-5pm). They make a big show out of it, but it certainly is worthy watching at least once during your stay.

Room Tip: If you are polite and ask the front desk clerk for any complimentary upgrades, they may be able to help you. We were moved to a nicer room for just asking at no additional cost.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear destinationheaven:

I am pleased to know how you enjoyed the comforts of your guest room and that you did not miss out on the Duck March experience, a unique Peabody event. I appreciate your review and hope we will see you back at The Peabody Orlando soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

My daughter's team chose the Peabody as their team hotel for a race in Orlando so we booked a room for one night at the very reasonable group rate. I had never stayed there before and I really looked forward to staying there because of the great reputation. When we pulled up to the entrance there were attendants everywhere opening the car doors for my family. When i said i wanted to self park for $16 instead of valet for $24, I felt like the helpfulness ended right there. He told me where the parking garage was and that i couldn't unload my luggage there, i had to park (quite a distance away) and carry my luggage with me from the garage. The clerk was very nice and i had no problem checking in. When we got to our room we were met by very musty smell although the room was very neat and clean in appearance. It seemed right away we were in a "group rate room". The room had two double beds that were not much bigger than twins. I informed the desk that my two teen boys (the size of grown men) would not be able to share that small bed and they offered to bring a roll-away bed up for a $20 fee. The bathroom was nice although the light switch was outside the bathroom and there was no exhaust fan to drown out bathroom noise (everyone knows thats the real reason for a fan. Glad we're a close family). When we were about to go to bed the room seemed to be getting hot. I realized the A/C had not been working so i called and asked to have it checked. After 1/2 hour of waiting i called back. They said someone was on the way. 15 more minutes and i called back again. Someone finally came and fixed the A/C. When it came on it made the room smell horrible. He said it was from a burnt capacitor and we could call housekeeping and ask them to spray air freshener. I wasn't about to breathe air spray so we just put up with it and went to bed because it was late already.

Overall I'd say it was a fancy hotel with some "no-frills, group-rate" rooms. I probably would not stay there again on my own because Orlando offers too many other choices of hotels that give you more for the money.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank JPRAAR

Dear JPRAAR:

I value your feedback and understand that there are a number of choices for accommodations in Orlando. We appreciate your choice, and that of your group, to stay at our hotel. I regret the encounters you experienced, as it does not reflect the standards of service established for our hotel. I thank you for allowing me to follow up on your experience.

I hope you will provide us with another opportunity to earn your business should your travel include a visit back to Orlando.