Having stayed in Orlando on many occasions, I have never even considered the Peabody as it is a convention hotel. However, a last minute holiday meant that the usual hotels we stay in (Ritz Carlton/Hyatt Grand Cypress/Hilton) were all fully booked so we booked for four days at the Peabody. Although it is unquestionably a convention hotel (there were at least four going on while we were there) and you feel a bit funny crossing the lobby in shorts and a tee-shirt while everyone else is in a suit , the Peabody is in fact great for a family vacation. The fantastic pools areas are virtually empty for most of the day. The facilities are great (gorgeous fluffy pool towels) with a superb bar and fantastic poolside service from attentive and polite staff. Its position on International Drive is perfect - loads of restaurants, bars and smaller attractions (weird upside down science museum, mini golf etc) are within walking distance or a short ride on the I-Trolley which constantly runs up and down the road. The Napa restaurant is excellent and again the service impeccable with staff who know the menu inside and out and are efficient and friendly without being obtrusive. The B-line restaurant is perfect for kids and serves a great breakfast (enough to keep you going all day!) The room we had was just a standard but was huge and in great condition - I have stayed (and paid!) for suites that were smaller! Housekeeping is efficient and standards of cleanliness high. Two minor annoyances – I agree with other reviewers that the lack of a coffee making facility in the room is a real shame. They can’t need the revenue from the coffee shop that much! AND the concierges are hopeless! Like all the staff they are extremely polite and attentive but they know NOTHING! On the first two days, they were unable to tell me how far away the town of Kissemme St Cloud was (and apparently unable to check on one of the many computers in front of them); told me that Gatorland (a very popular attraction) was over 60 miles away and would cost over $80 in a taxi when in fact it was less than 10 miles away and cost $25; did not know whether the hotels own Italian restaurant, that had been closed the night before for a function would be open that night (in fact they did not know it had been closed at all!) and could not help when I asked about where to find tickets for the Blue Man Group show. It turns out that there is a separate desk in the hotel that does tickets/taxis/attractions etc but it did not occur to any of the concierges I spoke to tell me this! The good news is that the Bellhops know everything and happily answered all questions or if they did not were able to go away and find out! Overall, this is an excellent hotel, with great facilities and staff in a superb location. We will definitely be staying again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Resort Close to All the Fun & Adventure! Hyatt Regency Orlando is an iconic hotel located in the heart of everything Orlando, Florida has to offer: theme parks, shopping, dining, nightlife and so much more. We've got something for everyone from two sparkling pools, a waterside & waterfall, a full-service spa & salon, 24-hour StayFit Gym, 7 dining & lounge options, and a customer service driven team awaiting your arrival. What Makes a Seamless Stay: • AAA Four Diamond Accommodations: 1,641 guestrooms and suites, with upgrades including view and club level rooms • Resort Pools: Complete with waterslide, waterfall, splash pad, separate kiddie pool area and cabanas available for rent • Location on International Drive: Guests receive two daily I-Ride Trolley tickets to nearby I-Drive locations including Pointe Orlando, I-Drive 360, SeaWorld and Aquatica. • Enjoy Orlando Attractions: We are minutes from Universal Orlando Resort, Walt Disney World Resort and SeaWorld. • Vibrant Dining: Choose from five Full- Service Dining outlets, two bars, a grab & go and 24 hr. room service. Our pools, spa and sunshine are calling your name. Book with us today to make memories that will last a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, TravelUp, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peabody Orlando Hotel Orlando
- The Peabody Hotel Orlando
- Peabody Orlando
- Peabody Hotel Orlando Fl