“Florida Adventure - Part 1 - Peabody”

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #32 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter, aged 14, for five nights in August at the start of a 14 day holiday which included stays at the Loews Royal Royal Pacific and Hilton Orlando (also four night cruise around the Bahamas). Upon arrival, we were upgraded to a very nice room on the 21st floor in tower one and were extremely impressed. The room was large with fantastic views over I-Drive and the pools. The beds and pillows were some of the comfiest we have ever experienced, and we loved the duck theme (which even extended to the soaps). We also liked the huge television with a extensive channel line up to include HBO HD movies - and the TV built into the bathroom mirror was a very nice surprise!
The hotel is huge and includes a conference center, bars and restaurants as well as a nice, if relatively small, pool area with a slide and of course the Duck Palace on the roof.
Service in general was excellent - the valet workers were always asking if they could do anything for you etc, and the food was good!
My only gripe was that the hotel tried to charge $200 for a 22 minute call to the UK - suffice to say that they reduced the bill and actually provided a complimentary breakfast for two at the B-Line Diner so no major complaint from me. Service in general was excellent - the valet workers always asking if they could do anything for you etc.
Overall, we felt that out of the three hotels, this definitely had the best TV and it was nice to watch a film in the evenings after a long day at the parks. The service was as good - if not better than Loews and Hilton. The room was big and luxurious and the bathroom mirror was a nice touch. We particularly liked the unique theme and the staff were the friendliest out of all the hotels we stayed in!

Room Tip: Use the self park facility if you want to save $30 plus a night!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank davidmhughes007
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear davidmhughes007:

Thank you for making The Peabody Orlando a part of your Florida adventure. I appreciate your business and review of our hotel. I am pleased that you and your daughter enjoyed the comforts of your guest room along with our VIP (Very Important Poultry) residents. And I never tire of hearing about our friendly staff - I will enjoy sharing your comment describing them as the friendliest out of all the hotels you stayed in!

I value your feedback regarding our long distance phone charges and will include this in our discussions as we evaluate pricing this service. I’m glad that we were able to resolve any concerns expressed over this pricing and look forward to any future opportunity to see you back at our hotel.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Write a ReviewReviews (6,061)

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Just finished a 3 night stay at this large hotel for a convention. I was actually quite impressed! I'm a die-hard Disney fan and I expected to find this hotel unworthy of my family Orlando trips, but I was surprised to find it just great for a family trip and will likely bring the family here for our next trip. It is a distance away from Disney, however. Cab fare was $40 each way plus tip. Better off renting a car.

Pros: Beautifully maintained property. Awesome pool area with waterfalls, kids play areas and lots of lounge chairs. Super clean pool. Food was great at the Coconuts poolside restaurant as well as the 24-hour B-Line diner (for take-out which is also great when you have kids!). Service was very thoughtful and personalized which I wouldn't have expected from a property of this size. For example, the housekeeper noticed on my second night that I tend to use a lot of washcloths, so she left several clean ones out in various locations in the bathroom- nice touch. Also, this morning I needed to leave for the airport at 4:45am. After I quickly checked-out, I went outside to ask the valet to call a cab. Lo and behold, he was already waiting for me with the door of a cab held open (he must have noticed me at the front desk with my luggage and figured I would need a cab). These are really nice touches that make guests feel special. And the fitness center is the best, most complete I have ever seen in a hotel- hands-down.

Cons: Not many. My only complaint was that I was told at check-in that they no longer had a king room available, even though I had booked this month's ago. I pushed back a bit and was given a great room in the "loft". I think this must be a concierge floor since I needed special access on the elevator, but I never saw or heard any activity from the floor's common area. It was just a little confusing. Oh, and I had to go downstairs to find coffee in the morning. They had a Keurig in the room, but they only had flavored coffee (yuck) and powdered creamer (double yuck). Since the place is full of convention-goers, it's a little uncomfortable to go down in your jammies to wait in line at the cafe with all the "suits". Would have been nice to have a coffee available for leisure guests in an area(s) away from the convention center.

All in all- a great place and I would recommend!

Dear pdxfamily4:

I am glad we had the opportunity to impress you. Thank you for sharing your Peabody experience with me. I enjoy hearing about the personalized touches that made you feel special and am very proud of the level of service our associates provide each guest. Our newest product, The Loft At The Peabody, offers enhancements such as special guest room amenities and a nightly reception in the Loft loungs, for those registered on this level. I appreciate your feedback on this product and look forward to hosting you and your family when you travel back to The Peabody Orlando.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

i stayed at the peabdy in may this year for my honeymoon and have to say i thought it was superb. when we arrived the lady at the check in desk was so freindly and really made us feel welcome, not to mention a free room upgrade. the room was clean, spacious and had all mod cons, even a tv inside the mirror in the bathroom. we had a great view of the pool area from our room also. when we first arrived we droped in our bags and went out for something to eat. on our arrival back at the hotel we found in our room a card from the peadbody staff congratulating us on getting married and was two little boxes of belgium chocolates. what a nice touch that was. the two week stay we had was floorless. great service, great location, great ammenities, just a great hotel, would definately reccommend

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear frant:

Thank you for selecting The Peabody Orlando for your honeymoon earlier this year. I am pleased that we were a part of making your celebration special. Thank you for your review and recommendation of our hotel. I hope we will have the pleasure of helping you celebrate your anniversaries, and birthdays too!

Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

I was here for a work and love this property. Second business trip this year here at The Peabody. Service, as always was great! NAPA rest was exceptional. Customer service manager, Kevin Kapke was top-tier in customer service.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Ask_Tiff
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear foxyfit4:

I sincerely appreciate your feedback and return business at The Peabody Orlando. I am very proud to know that each stay has been enjoyable and thank you for mentioning Mr. Kapke by name, I will be sure to recognize his service to you. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I just stayed at the Peabody Orlando for a three day business meeting. My first room had a murphy bed which made no sense. Once I asked to be moved, I was accomodated right away. I was in room 20502 which is a corner room with a sitting room. It had a couch, chairs, flat screen TV and a desk with lots of outlets. What I liked about the bedroom was the footlights that turned on when I got up in the middle of the night. The bathroom was large with a small TV in the mirror. I always like when a room has a lighted make up mirror hanging on the wall.

The hotel is directly across from the convention center making it a very convenient location. The bar Rocks is large and had nightly music making a comfortable place to socialize. The appetizer menu could be a bit healthier. The B-Line Diner was okay with a limited menu. Picking up snacks in the gift shop required a check book. Silly prices.

Shout out to bellman Al from Brooklyn who was fabulous!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotel is very nice, amenity and room levels as you would expect for a quality hotel. However the hotel charges a voluntary "amenity fee" for wi-fi, water etc of just under $10 and the wi-fi coverage in the rooms is awful - you won't be able to download or upload emails with any reliability if you have attachments (mine took 2+ hours and I had to go to the lobby in order to finally get it to go with a 3Mb PPT file attached).

The bigger issue is that when you complain, the staff don't take ownership of the problem and seek to solve it they tell you (and these are approximate quotes): "the wifi is provided by a third party, you should call them" or when I asked front desk to remove the amenity charge because their wifi is non-functional "there's more to the amenity than the wifi"

Service and technology functionality more like 2002 than 2012.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear BritishSkier:

I take your feedback seriously and apologize for the experience you had and we did not provide a better resolution to your stated concerns. We are currently undergoing an upgrade and will be monitoring the transition to ensure our wifi service meets the standards of our guests. I will also be reviewing your front desk conversation with our team so we may better serve our guests.

I hope that you will consider a stay at our hotel when your travel plans include Orlando and look forward to receiving your feedback upon your return.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

This was the nicest, most luxurious hotel I've stayed in. The hotel is beautiful and the service and staff are the best! Our room was very clean, and very comfortable! It was also very quiet - the only noises we heard was when guests would walk by our door talking. We loved the large flat screen tv and the tv inside the bathroom mirror! The bathroom was very modern and clean. I loved the little sitting area outside of the bathroom with a make-up mirror. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in! It was such a special place to stay. We also loved watching the ducks retreat to their duck palace in the evening! Staying right on International Drive is a treat - there is SO MUCH to do!! I will definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple