“just ok” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
“just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

staff good ,rooms nice, lobby lovly but way to many people .
the first morning we were awkened at 7 o clock by someone drilling and hammering in the room above so when on for about an hour and we rsng the front desk........no answer rang again...no answer and after the fith time they picked up and said they were sending someone up so the gard comes up and says he sorted it out . so 8 30 drilling again and it continued all day and the next morning.
t
hen the morning after that the maid was rapping on the door at 8 o clock is she mental or something

maids left no water no ice bag no towels and didnt empty the bin i dont no what she was doing but defo not cleaning

parking to expensive and the valet parkers are always in your ear going can i get your car ,do u want me to park your car , tip me tip me tip me, IF I WANT MY CAR PARKED I WILL ASK MYSELF

bath rooms are way to small

Room Tip: new tower or just dont bother going!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Princess0070
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Princess0070:

I am glad you found our rooms and lobby appealing and I thank you for recognizing our staff. I do regret any disruptions to your morning schedule but appreciate your feedback so that I may follow up with our management team.

When you are in our area again, I hope you consider staying with us.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (938)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Great hotel. Stayed 3 nights. Seems like an amazing business traveller hotel and COULD be a great family hotel but falls short.

The good:
-Nice rooms. Clean. We stayed in the main tower and had a great view of the pool area.
-Good location just a very short walk away from Pointe Orlando on I-Drive.
-B-Line Diner was very good. We tried it for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner. I LOVED the key lime pie.
-Staff was pleasant and courteous. (Thank you ANTHONY for finding a teeny tiny screwdriver for us!)
-The Parade of the Ducks was charming and educational. The Duckmaster was very knowledgeable, informative, and patient with all the kids questions.
-Lovely pool area.
-We were given free passes to the International Drive Trolley upon arrival. We didn't get to use them but I thought this was a nice option for guests.

I couldn't give it 5 stars for the following reasons:
-Pool area offers two water features that my kids were really excited about...a slide and "splash pad" type thing where water shoots up from the ground (big part of the reason) I chose the hotel. The slide was closed the completely the first day we were there and opened late and closed early the following days. When it WAS open my 44 inch tall son was not allowed to go on it because he fell short of the 48 inch requirement. Even though I was RIGHT THERE and he swims. As any parent can imagine, he was thrilled to watch his sister and other kids mere inches taller than him enjoy it. I can't be too mad about it because rules are rules but to add insult to injury, the splash pad thing NEVER CAME ON ONCE in the entire 3 days. I asked about it twice and was never given an answer as to if or when it would come on. The only other kid for him was the "baby pool" which he is way too old for.
-NO TV programming for kids in the evenings. The TV channel listing clearly lists Nickelodeon in the channel lineup but it was not available. When I called about this I was told by an employee who was trying to be helpful that my kids could watch ABC Family or Cartoon Network which were available. Apparently this employee doesn't have kids because then she would realize that in the evenings those two channels offer ADULT cartoons such as "Family Guy" or young adult dramas such as "The Secret Life of an American Teenager" neither of which my 9 and almost 6 year old should be watching. This might of been easily remedied by perhaps the offer of a free kids in room movie.
-Pool is supposedly open until 11 but Coconuts, the pool bar/grill closes about 3 hours before that.
-$16 a day for SELF park. A little steep.

This being said, I would stay here again.

Dear CatchMyFlight:

Thank you for your review and your interest to stay with us again. I am pleased to know that our staff was courteous and pleasant and that the B-Line Diner provided you with enjoyable dining experiences. Of particular interest is reading how Anthony assisted you, I will enjoy recognizing his response to your needs.

Perhaps on your next visit your children could be a part of the Duck March they enjoyed. Prior to your visit, please inquire about the availability of an Honorary Duck Master march. They will receive a special certificate to show off to their friends and family.

I apologize it wasn’t available at their time of stay, but as the cable and satellite companies have resolved their programming, Nickelodeon has become available once again for our smaller guests to enjoy. I value your feedback and appreciate the details you provided me so that I may discuss your experiences with our team.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you and your family back to The Peabody Orlando.

Glasgow, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

What a fantastic hotel, great location good ammenties and most of all superb helpful staff.

We had one issue with wifi in room & struggled to get it resolved through the off site IT support, emailed Barb Bowden the General Manager & within 2 hours we had operatives on site installing new access points & hardware to room that solved the issue.

Could not fault the hotel only very small issue is that when conferences are starting or finishing @ the Orange County Conference centre next door the lobby & Valet can become very busy.

Great family vacation in Orlando & this facility contributed greatly to that !

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Great hotel, very well kept and in a great location on International Drive.

Room was spotless, carpets were actually still damp from being shampoo'd upon our arrival!
The ducks are a very quirky feature of this hotel and very very cute... The duck feature is carried right the way through the hotel, from the soaps in the rooms, to the umbrella handles all being duck shaped!

Pool is lovely and quite spacious.
Drinks very expensive, especially if you like wine ;-)

All in all, a great hotel in a great location. Pity I really didn't rate Orlando itself.... I don't really do queuing and I don't have 20 kids, so maybe this was the wrong place for me, although the Shamu show at Seaworld was a laugh, watching everyone get soaked - ha ha..

Go down to the beach at Clearwater/St. Pete's instead.... now that's my idea of a holiday....much much better in my opinion :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear EllieAndBond:

I am glad we had the opportunity to host part of your holiday and that you enjoyed your stay at The Peabody Orlando. Thank you for your business and your review of our hotel. Please visit us again should you plan another trip to Orlando.

Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

What a pleasure from start to finish. We stayed 4 nights and my only regret is that we can't stay longer. The entire staff from A-Z was magnificant. The new tower is done so tastfuly. The location is perfect. Easy acess to everything and everywhere. Good FLorida resident rates.The ducks were wonderful to watch. Nice pool great vibe at lobby. It met all my expectations and then some. They will have my business any time im in Orlando. Keep it up!

Room Tip: The new tower is where you want to be. High floor to get those views.
Dear Vatsmia:

Wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to write your review - I love to hear that we achieved our goal of exceeding our guest’s expectations. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at The Peabody Orlando and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nicollet, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

The setting is phenomenal and the friendly customer oriented staff outstanding. My room was an upgrade so it may not get used as often. There was some dust where it didn't matter-shelves in the bathroom. Everything else was immaculate. It may seem overpriced, $3.50 for a cup of coffee, $13 drink in the spectacular bar. But the sense of luxury and style made it easier. I highly recommend the Egg White Scramble from their B-Liner Cafe. And you can't beat the fun of people watching by the duck pool.

Room Tip: Ask for the old tower for convenient location to the restaurants.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear theguysmom:

Thank you for your review of The Peabody Orlando. I am glad to know that you have fond memories of your visit with us and enjoy hearing our service described as “stellar”. I look forward to sharing your comments with our team and hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again when you plan a visit to Orlando.

Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

The hotel is located near most attractions and for business guests, is located opposite the conference center. Staff were extremely professional and helpful. Rooms are very comfortable. A lovely place to stay!

Room Tip: If you get a room, it will be a good one.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple