“Upscale on I Drive” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
South Florida, Florida
“Upscale on I Drive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

I recently stayed at the Peabody during a conference. The property is quite large when you include the meeting space, however the comfort and service levels are more of what you would expect at a very nice resort.

The room decor is simple, chic and very functional. The bed was comfy with good quality linens. The bathroom was big with lots of counter space, a large soaking tub and there is a TV built into the mirror. The pool area is huge, with fountains, grottos and plenty of deck space for relaxing. Also noteworthy, I used the hotel's dry cleaning service and the prices were less than what I pay at home. Fitness center access was at no additional charge and there is plenty of equipment.

The hotel has a "duck" theme which is quite charming along with the story on how it came to pass. The resident ducks have their own habitat, fountain and parade daily. They are quite spolied, as they should be.

The hotel restaurant, Napa, is also quite nice, good food, service and wine selection and the prices were reasonable. There are also many other restaurants, coffee shops, and markets on site.

I highly recommed this property for the business or leisure traveler.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room that had a view of the pool area.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear soberesident:

I appreciate your review and recommendation that our property is for any traveler. I look forward to hosting your next visit to Orlando.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (941)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
St Augustine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

First, we booked this hotel at a great price for Florida residents. The drinks and food were very expensive, but we knew it would be and they were both good. The pool area was nice with wait staff coming around regularly. There were several pools, a slide and it was just a great complex. The ducks were a nice feature for our teens and we went around Easter and they did a glow in the dark Easter egg hunt for them. The rooms were amazing (the girls loved the TV in the bathroom mirror.) We will definitely go back but will probably not eat at the hotel as much. Our food and drink bill was double the room bill:) It was a great location close to Downtown Disney, Seaworld, Universal and many restaurants as it's right on International Drive. We went and just hung out at the hotel for the day and had a great mini getaway.

Room Tip: I can't imagine there is a bad room in this entire hotel. We had one on the 27th floor and the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Flayooper:

It’s wonderful to read your review of The Peabody Orlando. Sounds like everyone had a memorable trip, I am very glad we were a part of it. Our staff enjoyed the glow in the dark egg hunt as much as our guests! We can’t wait to offer more family fun holiday activities and hope you will be a part of them when you are here to enjoy another holiday.

Uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

This hotel is beautiful but linked to the convention centre which makes it really busy with delegates who tend to over run the place. Rooms are nice and clean, bathroom very narrow you have to walk around the door to get to the toilet but it is still designed nice. The mirror has a TV built in but its not very usable as its too high if you are in the bath and you cant see the picture. Location is great as you can easily walk to Pointe Orlando where there's shops, bars and food places. The ducks are cute and a 'must see'.

Room Tip: The hotel charges for parking which is expensive for a 2 week stay, but they waivered ours but charg...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Workington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

Our second visit and even better than I remembered, we stayed for 3 nights and we had a fantasic room with brilliant views on two sides. our last visit was 2011 and we had such a great time that we recommended it to our daughter who is getting married in May and using the Peabody as the Orlando part of her honeymoon, we contacted the hotel on her behalf and they said they loved honeymooners and would look after them as long as they brought the marriage licence as proof.
This place is just amazing with beautifull public areas and fabulous rooms, the breakfast in theB-Line is freshly made to order and not over priced, there are two massive pools one for families and one for adults.
The staff were great and made us feel at home from the outset, the parking for residents is $16 per night but it is then just a short stroll to some lovely bars and restaurants.
I would recommend the 'Peabody' to any one.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front have a great view of International drive.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jakeylad:

I am thrilled that we had the opportunity to welcome you back to The Peabody Orlando and that you felt at home! And, I am honored that you recommended The Peabody Orlando for your daughter’s honeymoon. Congratulations on her upcoming marriage, we look forward to being a part of their special celebration. I also look forward to welcoming you to your home away from home when you travel across the pond again.

Trinidad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

Had a blast on this trip..The I-trolley made it so easy to get to and from eating areas, entertainment and shopping :) Didn't mind that we had to take a taxi to get to Universal..lol
It was a relief after days of shopping, with lots of walking to return to the hotel to rest and relax at the pool (heated olympic) and hot tub :) The other pool - though there were water slides and a waterfall etc. was not heated so did not relax there..for this Trinidadian, the mornings and evenings were cold so the heated pool was always the choice! The hotel is huge! be prepared for lots of walking! At the time of our stay the hotel was pretty busy. There was a US national cheerleading competition as well as the NPE Conference at the Convention Centre. Check-in and check-out wasn't too bad.

What I did not like - people can really be rude - not the hotel staff, but hotel guests..it seems we were the only Caribbean people at this hotel. Within the hotel we were continuously stared at as if we were at the wrong hotel or something..it was quite uncomfortable.. The good thing though was that we spent most of our time out of the hotel: spouse - at work, me - shopping :)

The room was quite lovely - stayed on the 27th floor. Had a view of a small lake and lots of trees and the northern part of International Drive, which at night lit up like Christmas time..
Our housekeeping lady was very pleasant. Had lots of clean, fresh towels everyday :) Room was always spotless :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing International Drive
1 Thank Avita2484
Dear Avita2484:

First, thank you for your return visit, I appreciate your business and you taking the time to write a review. I was happy to read that you found the I-Ride Trolley to be convenient during your visit as it does help get around to the many area attractions we are located near.

I look forward to seeing you again when you are ready to enjoy the warmth of our sun and our Peabody hotel staff.

Melville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

Staff is fantastic, hotel is immaculate...highly recommend.

1 Thank hdogiakis
Carol Stream, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

I recently stayed here for 2 nights for a conference (that was at the hotel). I was really impressed with the entire property. The decor was very nice and the rooms were fairly large. Watching the ducks was great and has really stuck in my mind when thinking about this hotel. I had some free time in the morning on my first day so went down and sat at the lap pool. Was nice and pretty quiet. I didn't know until later that night after walking back from The Pointe that there was another pool (which looked fun for families). My only complaint would be that I could hear loud music in my room from either another room or possible a reception somewhere outside. There was some kind of suite near me, as I could see its' balcony from my window so, it may have been there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business