“A nice hotel!”

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #31 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We stayed this hotel from 4/3 -4/6, 2012. It was a great stay.

The Pro:
1: It is very close to Universal Studio. It is only $12-15 dollar taxi to there.
2: The room is clean and it has a mirror TV in the bathroom.
3: The NAPA restaurant was great dining place. I ordered their 3 set course which was really great.
4: The cute ducky soap add a little surprise to the bathroom.
5:B-line is open almost day and night. It is very convenience to grab food to eat.

The cons:
1: The hotel don't have any free shuttle bus to Universal studio or Disney World.
2: The lobby was quite loud singing..... luckily we stayed at new tower 12 floor. The room was quiet.
3: The room we stayed was clean when we first checked in. But the third day stay.... they didn't clean very well in the bathroom area.

I would say this is a 4 -5 star hotel. It has it's charming place but it is more commercial fancy style. It lack a little bite personal detail.

Room Tip: Choose New tower.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank justteresa
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Dear justteresa:

Thank you for selecting The Peabody Orlando for your stay, I appreciate your business and your feedback. I am glad to know that you feel it was a great stay and would rate us a 4-5 star hotel.

Thank you for the opportunity to follow up with our housekeeping management team so we may review our standards with the team based on your experience. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel when you plan a return visit to Orlando.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Stayed at the Peabody last week for the plastic convention. This hotel is large, but very well managed. All the staff were professional and friendly. The Italian restaurant is top notch; our waiter did a great job of describing the daily offerings, and the food was delicious. If you dine at the B Line diner, look for Jerry-this guy should be on stage. The daily duck walk is fun. The only downside for me was the weak internet signal in my room, skype was almost impossible.
If you stay here you can't go wrong.

Dear rickandjudie:

I love hearing about our star associates! Thank you for your review of The Peabody Orlando and for recognizing Jerry for his service standards. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with our management staff so his success can be celebrated. I hope you will visit us again when in Orlando.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Was at this hotel for 3 days of business. Hotel was at 90% full. I think that it was maybe just to much on the staff. The rooms are wonderful, beds are fantastic, food and service was poor compaired to the price you pay. Nice pool area. No airport transfer have to get a taxi.

Room Tip: For the price you pay for this hotel, I would think the service would be just as good. I was wron...
1  Thank Sheila D

Dear Sheila D:

Thank you for your review, I am glad you found The Peabody Orlando beautiful and our beds fantastic. I feel that our success is based on our service standards first, so I regret that the service you encountered was not to that level.

I truly appreciate hearing from you so we may focus on maintaining our award winning service standards.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

I just spent three nights at this hotel while at a convention in Orlando. It is absolutely huge, almost too big. The lobby is very nice and obviously well looked after. My room was a standard one but quite nice all the same and with a very big TV. While not overly large it was comfortable and very clean. The only complaint is that the pipes rattled non stop when using the shower and the room had a slight odour. It may have been a smoking room and not being a smoker myself it bothered me a little. The pool is very nice and the hotel's decor in general is very pleasing. All in all, a very nice surprise in a city that is super saturated with hotels.

Dear DerekToronto5:

I am glad we had the opportunity to host your convention. I appreciate knowing you enjoyed our facilities and amenities and thank you for sharing your experience with me.

I will be sure to follow up on your comments regarding noise and odor. I am confident that you will enjoy a return stay should your travel plans bring you back to Orlando.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I had such a good time. The colors are marvelous,the smells are so clean,the service was excellent! My favorite part has to be the ducks on the red carpet...playful silly n fun :)

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Hotel is very upscale, ducks definitely are an attraction (especially when you are traveling with kids). Rooms are newly designed with comfy beds. They could be a little bit bigger for the price. Also it was mentioned on hotels.com, that microwaves are optional, but nobody told us we will have to pay $15/day to rent one. And staying with the baby we definitely needed one to heat the milk. For the price we paid for this microwave we could purchase a new one... A little bit disappointed. Also, fire alarm in the middle of the night left all of us exhausted. Will choose smaller hotel next time. They are more sensitive to their clients needs and more accomodating to small requests.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jules777_11

Dear Jules777_11:

We are very fond of our ducks and people of all ages enjoy our twice daily duck march. I am glad that you and your family did not miss it. I am also pleased that you enjoyed a comfortable sleep experience at The Peabody Orlando.

I regret any disappointments you experienced that has you hesitating to return to our hotel and hope that you will reconsider that decision and visit us again when you plan to visit Orlando.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Amazing pool, friendly staff, all positives! I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2011