“A very nice hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“A very nice hotel”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I just spent three nights at this hotel while at a convention in Orlando. It is absolutely huge, almost too big. The lobby is very nice and obviously well looked after. My room was a standard one but quite nice all the same and with a very big TV. While not overly large it was comfortable and very clean. The only complaint is that the pipes rattled non stop when using the shower and the room had a slight odour. It may have been a smoking room and not being a smoker myself it bothered me a little. The pool is very nice and the hotel's decor in general is very pleasing. All in all, a very nice surprise in a city that is super saturated with hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Dear DerekToronto5:

I am glad we had the opportunity to host your convention. I appreciate knowing you enjoyed our facilities and amenities and thank you for sharing your experience with me.

I will be sure to follow up on your comments regarding noise and odor. I am confident that you will enjoy a return stay should your travel plans bring you back to Orlando.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (968)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I had such a good time. The colors are marvelous,the smells are so clean,the service was excellent! My favorite part has to be the ducks on the red carpet...playful silly n fun :)

• Stayed June 2011
Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Hotel is very upscale, ducks definitely are an attraction (especially when you are traveling with kids). Rooms are newly designed with comfy beds. They could be a little bit bigger for the price. Also it was mentioned on hotels.com, that microwaves are optional, but nobody told us we will have to pay $15/day to rent one. And staying with the baby we definitely needed one to heat the milk. For the price we paid for this microwave we could purchase a new one... A little bit disappointed. Also, fire alarm in the middle of the night left all of us exhausted. Will choose smaller hotel next time. They are more sensitive to their clients needs and more accomodating to small requests.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jules777_11
Dear Jules777_11:

We are very fond of our ducks and people of all ages enjoy our twice daily duck march. I am glad that you and your family did not miss it. I am also pleased that you enjoyed a comfortable sleep experience at The Peabody Orlando.

I regret any disappointments you experienced that has you hesitating to return to our hotel and hope that you will reconsider that decision and visit us again when you plan to visit Orlando.

East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Amazing pool, friendly staff, all positives! I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2011
Old Saybrook, Connecticut
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I have stayed here many times by my self for work. I stayed here last month with my family i called a month in advance to reserve a room with early check in , they told me was not a gurantee but would note the account and try to help. I have a one year old daughter so the need to have a room upon arrival is somewhat important for her. Th only direct flight from ct gets me in to orlando an 9:30am. When i got there they told me no rooms were ready they toke my cell number and said should not be to long. After many check ins to see what was going on i got a room at 4pm 1 hour beyong normal check in at 3pm. After talking to managment they told me this was a freak thing never happens and were very sorry. I said things happen so no big deal . This month i made a reservation a monh in advance, with early check in. Guess what got a room at 3:37 a half hour after normal check in. Service here has gone down hill. Stay at the rosen better people they know how to take care of customers. Oh and by the way for my trouble of having to move my daughter around all day to sleep and change her and feed her i was given 4 free breakfast tickets, for real who teaches these people.

Room Tip: The rosen shingle creek is a better hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank 222ted
Dear 222ted:

Thank you for your return business. I appreciate your feedback and regret any inconvenience you experienced when your room accommodation was not ready for an early check in. I hope you will continue to patronize our hotel and allow me the opportunity to look into the availability of an early check in request for your return visit.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Had a few problems with my bill and room but was taken care of in the end by the staff! the overall establishment was amazing, the duck march is a sure thing to see before leaving and the facilities where top-class! Not to mention the convenience of the location makes this hotel ideal for family/business/couple trips to Orlando.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Swimfan93
Atlanta
Reviewed April 3, 2012

This is a very large property with lush landscaping, a gorgeous pool, fine dining and a fitness center that just won't quit. The entire hotel is tastefully, yet opulently designed; and, of course, there are the ducks. My room was light and airy, and the staff is just wonderful. So why not 5 stars?

I was there for a conference, not vacation, so keep that in mind. My nits: there was no in-room coffee. I just hate having to deal with room service when I wake, and worse is having to drag on clothes to go downstairs to buy it. Second, there are lots of little lights in the room that cannot be turned off (like the clock and faint backlights on the LED reading lamps). Light sleepers like me have to unplug things. The pillows were all feather type, and compressed to the point that they offered little support (I sleep on my side). Something in the shampoo stung my eyes so severely that I starting using soap to wash my hair. The shower head was difficult to move into a good position. There is a mandatory resort fee that covers fitness and internet access, so why not just include that in the room rate?

On the plus side, there are nice touches. The bathroom mirror has a built in TV (tower 2 only, I think), and motion activated night lights that are quick to shut off and very effective. The curtains seal out light effectively, and there are plenty of lamps and plugs. The rooms are large and have enough storage even for long stays. The Internet is the fastest that I have experienced in any hotel.

The primary restaurant is good, but costly. However, the location on International Drive is convenient to many, many alternatives. There is covered parking, important in Florida, and it is reasonably priced compared to most. This is available in self park and valet, and there is a shuttle as well as a covered walk from the garage The meeting facilities are extensive and flexible, The food and beverage service for my conference was both different and top notch.

Outside, the grounds are beautiful and the hotel covers quite a large area. The pool is among the largest I have seen with full bar and snack service. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and unobtrusive. The common areas are comfortable yet palatial in decor. This is an excellent blend of large architecture with human scale amenities.

Room Tip: There are two towers. Tower 1 is older but is most convenient to meeting rooms as the room elevator...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 94Q45T
Dear 94Q45T:

I value your feedback and appreciate the time you took to provide me with the details of your stay with us. Thank you for recognizing our wonderful Peabody staff, I am proud to work alongside a great team of hospitality professionals. I am also proud of our fitness center, it’s a great place to start my day, I’m glad it met your needs.

I am pleased our black out drapes assisted you to sleep better and I will share your feedback with my management team to discuss how we may enhance our guest’s sleep experience. Thank you for your business and for your comments, as both are important for our continued success. I look forward to the opportunity to be of service of you.