“Pretty Cool Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Monroe, New York
“Pretty Cool Hotel”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

In an area filled with hotels, this one is definitely a step above. It is right across the street from the convention center making it extremely convenient if you need t o attend an event. The room itself is very nice with cool gadgets and features - lights go on under nightstand when you get up at night. Very nice feature! Same thing in the bathroom. When you dry your hair , it can be done while watching tv in your bathroom mirror. Everything is duck- ified. It actually grows on you. My only complaint is that room service for dinner is limited and very, very expensive.
You are within walking distance to restaurants and shops on Int'l Dr which is really nice.
Pool area is really nice. Great place to stay for business or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Dear ATO39:

I am glad you enjoyed our special guest room touches and our beloved duck atmosphere. Our ducks attract a large audience and our location, whether visiting for business or pleasure, provides easy access to anything one might need. I regret any disappointments with your room service order but thank you for your feedback.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (968)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband and I vacation at this hotel almost every year. We love the location on International Drive and the amenities. The spa is excellent. I've never had a bad service. They have private cabanas at the spa and a heated pool outside. I love seeing the ducks parade in the morning. I fnally caught their parade in the evening.

The food at Napa was great. Be warned that they no longer have a breakfast menu. I was looking fo rthe heavenly pancakes I had the year before and was shocked that they are no longer available. However, I tried the B Line Diner and found my pancakes! They're called Heavenly Griddlecakes now. Last year, I had a bad experience with B Line. Everything I ate there was nasty. So, I vowed never to eat there again, why with so many options in Orlando I didn't have to punish myself. But thank goodness I missed my trolley and decided to stay in an have breakfast at B Line. I still haven't tried anything else there though. I had my griddlecakes for the rest of my stay!

The service at Peabody is great. Everyone you met is willing and able to help.

We stayed on a high floor facing the back of the hotel. I had to keep my windows drawn so that I couldn't see out. The view of the swamp beneath was scary. I should have taken the bell man's advice and changed my room. This sort of put a damper on my mornings becasue I wanted to wake up and look out at the beautiful sky.

All in all, our stay was fine. We'll definitely be back and will opt for a different view.

Room Tip: Choose a room facinf International Drive and not the back of the building where the swamp is...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 15monthsapart
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Dear 15monthsapart:

Thank you for your return business and the opportunity to regain your confidence in the standards established for the B-Line Diner! I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your Heavenly Griddlecakes breakfasts there. While we are not able to guarantee room location, we will do our best to honor your view preferences, simply request that your preferences be recorded at the time of your reservation. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Peabody Orlando.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2012

AMAZING.

This is a nice large hotel. It is located near the Convention Center on International Drive. You have a choice of valet or self-parking in a parking garage. If you self-park your room key gets you in through the gates. Our room was located on the 13th floor. The rooms are very technologically advanced, it was amazing!

The bathroom was wonderful equipped with excellent water pressure in shower and the bathtub was very spacious. The soap for the bathtub was shaped like a duck as well! Outside the bathroom is a little make-up desk with a bench. There is a huge flat screen TV in the room. There is also a refrigerator in the room. You can also select from a menu of food and drink items that they will stock in the refrigerator. There is also a writing desk located in the room. There is a spa and an adult and children's pools as well as several restaurants.

This place is simply elegant. Easy check in and out. A turn down service, comfortable bed, couch in room, large flat screen TV with good on-demand movie selection, and iPod dock. (Me and my family were so shocked when we found this out, we thought it was AMAZING that they provided an iPod dock, nice extra detail.) I really enjoyed my stay here. I am admittedly extremely picky about cleanliness. This place passed with flying colors. And the most amazing thing was that there was internet connection for free! So at night when before going to bed, I could check on my family back home using skype & social networking sites.

The staff were very friendly and excellently polite. They were all kind and if we saw them they would ask how we were and how are day was. Just generally being nice. Our valet was awesome too! We stay 7 nights and would be happy to return!! It was completely worth the money and would return at a hearbeat. Thank you to everyone who work at Peabody in Orlando/Florida and makes this hotel a very good place to return!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank beccamarmalade
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Dear beccamarmalade:

It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with our team of associates. I appreciate your review and mention of our friendly staff. It will also be a pleasure to welcome you back to The Peabody Orlando when you return to the Orlando area.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

I stayed at the Peabody Orlando on a business trip. The Hotel is a very nice high-end Hotel and it's across the street (walking distance) from the Covention Center. The rooms/bathrooms are spacious. There was even a TV in the bathroom mirror! The Hotel has a pool, fitness center, coffee bar, restaurants and bars. There are several great restaurants/night spots within walking distance. The service at this Hotel was top notch. I would definitely stay there again.

Dear MishLyn:

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at The Peabody Orlando. Thank you for your review, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed February 11, 2012

This is our third time staying at the Peabody in the last two years... All times have been for conferences at the Orlando Convention Center. This place is VERY close to the convention center and a BEAUTIFUL property! Problem is that they don't seem to do too well in sold-out situations.

We booked a couple of rooms and the occupany of the other room arrived around 10PM from her flight only to be told there was no room available. After two hours of back and forth and arguing, she finally got a room. That's really unecessary.

We waited a long time for the car to be brought around using valet as well... Use the self-park, it's a quick walk from the front door area.

Our room was nice, but the bathroom was way too small. We were in the older tower this time and the room was nicely refurbished to make it match the newer rooms, but the bathroom door opens right into the toilet. There is no clearance under the door to allow for the floormat that they have in the bathroom, as it bunches up under the door when you open it. We also had to call to get our room made around 5PM on our first day since it was never made, after we had been out all day.

This was a sold out convention that we were there for. Also, we hosted a bar meet & greet in the Mallard bar area and got horrible service from a younger bar tender who wouldn't serve us without having to go through the lady who was serving the area we were standing. The problem with that was she was too busy to keep up with everyone we had and so we went directly to him to get better service for our business guests, only to be told to order through her. It was embarassing to have this transaction occur in front of our clients. We ended up only spending a few hundred dollars in the bar, but would've spent more had we had better service!

Anyway... We would definitely come back, but would re-think having an ad hoc function like this again and would REALLY be concerned about our reservations if we're there for another sold out convention.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the new tower!!
Dear je1058:

Thank you for your return business. I am pleased to know that you would come back to The Peabody Orlando and I do regret any discomfort you or your guests experienced. I sincerely appreciate your feedback so that we may address your concerns.

I look forward to our next opportunity to welcome you back to The Peabody Orlando.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Stayed at the property for 3 nights for a business conference. The resort part of the stay and service were excellent...the conference was ok with a few issues. Let me break it out...

Rooms: this is an older property but, unlike the Bellagio (please feel free to look for my review on it) you would not know it. I saw three different rooms - all very clean and up to date - loved the tv in the bathroom mirror! Nice amenities and pretty much ducks everywhere! I must add I was on the 19th floor and the hot water was almost instant during peak hours...huge gold star for that.

Food and bars: very good but very expensive! The desserts? Check out the Bline cafe...yum!

Conference: facilities were great - however - 2 big issues...for smokers, the doors leading out from the conf area were not always unlocked during conf hours...I got locked out 3 times - only one of the several entrances allowed you access with your room key. Annoying. And 2...the food was not good - not sure if organizers choices had anything to do with it but by the third night we had to get off the property and eat elsewhere...(go to cuba libra...yum!)

All in all great property and rooms...conf facilities? Eh. Take the kids and watch the ducks waddling around...then go hang out by the awesome pool!

• Stayed January 2012
Reviewed February 7, 2012

The rooms were great with gadgets like a TV in the bathroom mirror and dedicated elevators to the upper floors. The convention facility was fabulous. My housekeeper seemed to pick up my daily routine in just a few short days and was tremendous! The wait staff were very friendly and eager to serve......But serve what??? The food was lousy! My suggestion is to stay here, have a convention or business meeting here, but eat somewhere else!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AgentBob
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Dear AgentBob:

Thank you for recognizing our staff’s level of service, particularly your room attendant; it will be a pleasure to share your comments with our housekeeping team. I regret that your culinary experience did not meet your expectations but thank you for your feedback which I will be sure to share with our F&B team.