“Excellent hotel choice if attending a conference”

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #31 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 28, 2011

My initial impression was poor as the bellman ignored our group as we exited a taxi. However, the room, location and comfort of the room soon eased any initial misgivings.

Room type: deluxe king on 22nd floor of the new tower

Pros:
Very comfortable bed
Spacious bathroom with nice sized tub and excellent water pressure
Quiet room - can't hear anything from adjoining rooms
Heating and air con was excellent
Good amount of drawer space

Cons:
Inconsistent housekeeping
Carpet seemed run down
No coffee/tea making facilities in the room
Resort fee

• Stayed: October 2011

Reviewed October 27, 2011

the hotel is super nice location is excellent rooms are awesome everything about the hotel is super nice except for the people that work there i mean i reserved a suite so when the day came to check in they told me the hotel was completely full and that it will take a little time to get my suite clean up! so it took 4 to 5 hours for them to clean the suite really? and when i asked they would just be completely rude! also the air conditioner doesn't get too cold!
i didn't like the customer service at all deff not going back there i rather stay at the ritz carlto or jw marriot.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2011

Dear joanac2411:

I am pleased you enjoyed the amenities of our hotel. Your comment regarding our staff’s service concerns me as I am not accustomed to hearing this, but I appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience with our staff so we may ensure our high level of service standards are met. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed at the Peabody Orlando in August 2011. It is a GIGANTIC hotel - you sort of feel lost inside it. However, everything about it is top class: the rooms, the pools, the lobby, the ducks!! We didn't eat their so I cannot comment on that.

The location is also good for all attractions. You can even walk to many restaurants on I-Drive.

My only small criticism is the poolside muzak - it stays on all night. As I was jet lagged I woke up on a couple of mornings at 4am and I could clearly hear music. I thought it was a nearby nightclub but it turned out to be the pool area below our room. I didn't make too much of a fuss about it as I began to sleep later and later each morning.

All in all I would recommend the Peabody and would stay there again

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the new tower.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Radler

Dear Radler:

Thank you for your feedback and recommendation of The Peabody Orlando. I am pleased you consider our hotel “top class”. I regret any disruption you experienced during your stay, we have reviewed our standards and emphasized the importance of checking music volumes.

I appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

The Peabody Orlando is quite a place to stay while in Orlando for a convention. The hotel has everything you need to make your business meeting a wonderful experience. The rooms are very well equipped with the little extra amenities. There is a bathroom TV, great refrigerator filled with goodies, and bathrobes for your comfort. The "March of the Peabody Ducks" is something to see. Be there!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Dear codysmomnow:

I am glad you enjoyed a quiet and comfortable stay at The Peabody Orlando. I thank you for your review and hope we have an opportunity to host a return visit.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

Great hotel and staff. Service was top notch even though the hotel was booked solid. The concierge booked tickets for us while we where out ( I just called us and asked her to coordinate the details for two shows); when we came back to our rooms the tickets were under the door. Napa restaurant was very good. Great stay. Even the ducks were great!

• Stayed: October 2011
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2011

Dear Ddahwan:

I so enjoy learning that we exceeded your expectations! I am so proud of our team of dedicated professionals. Thank you for sharing your review of The Peabody Orlando with me, I hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

Always had a wonderful experience at your hotel. The JW management should learn from your staff how to treat guests! Will be visiting you again next time!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear SallyMaeMom:

Thank you! Thank you for your review of The Peabody Orlando, I look forward to hosting your return visit to Orlando.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

We booked a suit for five days. The purpose of our trip was to attend a convention and spend a day with our children at Universal Studios. The rooms are large and nice, and the location is just across from the convention center. The only complaint is regarding the housekeeping. There is very poor quality control. Amenities were often not refurbished, laundry slips were not replaced. They do not supply electric kettles or coffe and tea in the room. When we emailed the management they promptly supplied us with a coffee maker and coffee as well as bath gel and shower cap.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business