“pull up bed in 4 star hotel? yep yep but made it up to us.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #26 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tel Aviv, Israel
“pull up bed in 4 star hotel? yep yep but made it up to us.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

the art of juggling over booked hotel with unhappy guests was master by the manger on duty at the hotel and please forgive me for forgetting your name.

we all need to remember that hotels as whole are living for that day of the year which that rate of occupancy will be 102%! yep that is the dream rate .
and that rate is rare in our economy. however that come with few unhappy guests. as my self .
arriving to the hotel and ending up in half suit room that had a pull up bed!! wow talk about a unhappy camper.
one thing as i guest i know you must point out the short coming and hope for the best

the art of keeping a guest happy is by adding freebies yep freebies.

and we did get a free parking ,a club level and i got lovely massage.
and for that i will say. good hotel is hotel who can get over short coming and send a guest home with a smile. they achieved that~

the hotel is too big to my comfort, the noise is just too high but in Orlando boutique hotel is just not as available as in , ny ,Chicago and Europe~

yet it is lovely big hotel modern , with buzzing young ambiance.
club level hours are kind of odd. but hey it was free!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Dear navawritz:

Thank you, I appreciate your business and your feedback. I am pleased to know that the options we could provide made your stay more comfortable. I hope when your travels bring you back to Orlando, you will consider returning to The Peabody Orlando.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (937)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Riga, Latvia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

I stayed there for a conference. The place is stylish and very refined. Service is very good. The place has everything for an unforgettable stay.

Room Tip: I had a standard room which had everything I needed.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Dear RaimondsD:

Thank you, I appreciate your review of The Peabody Orlando and will enjoy celebrating your feedback with our team.

Bussum, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

I've stayed in a lot of hotels, but this was one of the best i've visited. I've stayed on the club level for 6 nights.

The hotel has a new tower, and the old one is totally renovated. Every part of the hotel is spacious, really really spacious. I was on location for business, and it was easy to find quiet spots to talk.

Staff was friendly, and there were plenty of them. They have nice bars, a normal dining and a really good restaurant.

Rooms were also spacious, and had some nice touches, like a TV in the bathroom mirror, and automatic lighting if you stepped out of bed, which was convenient at night.

I can't think of anything negative about this hotel, everything was top notch.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Dear Knevel:

I appreciate your “top notch” review and am very pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay at our hotel. I hope your future travels will include a return visit to Orlando AND The Peabody Orlando.

Brighton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

I stayed here from Sept.30th-Oct.10th,was in town to meet with construction team and design team for a home we are having built .The valet team was remarkable ,they came to know my schedule etc and always used my name,on the last morning one of the guys came up and said thank you to me and wished me safe travels!!!! My room was always ready for me on my early afternoon return,the pool people esp.one guy knew what my order was every time ..diet coke and a bottle of water!!The bell men who would carry any purchases I had up to my room were very caring and would tease me about my Olive Garden bag...As a single woman from out of country I felt safe and it was like I was returning home...thank you so very much..

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Dear Becky L:

I am beaming with pride! Thank you letting me know how our staff personalized your stay at The Peabody Orlando and made you feel at home. I appreciate your time to share your experience with me. Best wishes for your new home, I look forward to serving as your home away from home again.

Fredericton, NB
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

My sister and I stayed at the Peabody for 7 nights while she attended a convention. Our first room was a little on the small side (especially the bathroom) with a view of the roof and the convention center next door. If staying for 1 or 2 nights, that would be fine, but since we were there for 7 nights, we requested a room change. The front desk staff was very accomodating and moved us to a larger room with a view of the new Grotto Pool area.

The dining at the hotel was great. We had a chance to eat at Capriccio, Napa and the B-Line Diner. All were delicious, the service was great. The best meal was the Mojo Chicken Paillard at the B-Line.

The entire staff of the hotel was very friendly. They should all be commended!

Bristow, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

My favorite expression of the weekend here was from my usually stoic boyfriend. Upon seeing the parade of ducks cruise by and jump in the fountain, he turned with a huge grin and shouted, "Totally worth it!" That's how I feel about the Peabody. My parents stayed at the Little Rock property recently and they too raved about the ducks, but the quality of the hotel itself as well as the service are really what make the visit special. The pools here are incredible - we stayed during a tropical storm, so we had about 10 minutes to wade in up to our knees before rushing inside again, but the pools are set up in such a way not to feel crowded or busy. The room was huge and spotless, the beds were comfortable and everything just worked. Which, when you travel as often as I do, is kind of the best part. Love this property - and in the midst of all the craziness of Orlando, well worth it to pick this as your oasis.

1 Thank Phlyjets
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Peabody in October 2011 on the Club Level with our 3 children. We have stayed at many 5 star hotels, but this hotel property was really unbelievably beautiful. Kids really got a kick out of all the duck motif - you could probably do a scavenger hunt to see who can find the most ducks! They are everywhere from the elevator floor to the coffee stirrers. In addition, the staff was fantastic. All were beautifully uniformed, courteous, and friendly. The fitness center is truly state of the art. The housekeeping was impeccable. The pool was gorgeous with waterfalls and a slide for the kids, even a kiddie pool if you have really small children. The gift shop and lobby cafe were wonderful. Restaurant food, staff and ambience all unmatched. Best of all was the Duckmaster, whose name was really Donald! The kids loved visiting the ducks in their palace and then seeing them march to the fountain. BIG TIP: call ahead to see if your child can be an Honorary Duckmaster when the march to or from the fountain. Highly recommend reading your children the fictional story by Patricia Pollaco "John Philip Duck" about how a young boy started the tradition of the Peabody ducks. Right near SeaWorld parks and only a short drive to Disney parks.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family