“Love, Love, Love it!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Love, Love, Love it!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We booked this hotel through Alpharooms havng watched it being built over the last few trips to Orlando...the price we got it for was unreal but we would be prepared to pay the going rate to come back. Staff were all lovely and service was fantastic. We got a room in the new tower which was fantastic and overlooked the pool area. Cant recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
MarshallKelberman, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, May 11, 2011
Dear markandjools:

I can’t thank you enough… for your business and for sharing your review of The Peabody Orlando. Thank you for complimenting our staff’s service, I appreciate the opportunity to share such accolades with them. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Tel: 407-345-4593

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (969)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed May 7, 2011

In short, this hotel was excellent! But, with a few minor issues detailed below.

Good things:
+ We requested a stay in the new building, and got it.
+ They responded quickly to our e-mails prior to arrival (generally a good indication of the service level you can expect at a hotel).
+ Rooms were nice and clean with good AC.
+ The hotel was sufficiently staffed and staff was friendly.
+ The B-Line diner in the hotel was the best breakfast place in the hotel area (~$20/person incl. tip).

Things that could be improved:
- The wi-fi wasn't working properly in our room. It would work if you stood at the door, but the further into the room you went, the more issues it started having. When you reached the bed it usually wouldn't work at all. Hopefully they will fix this soon, they probably haven't had time to set it up properly in the new building.
- No vending machines in the hotel, and the hotel store was closed late at night!
- The business center was really expensive (ended up costing $5 to be online for a couple of minutes to print a couple of pages), so you absolutely need to bring your own computer.
- The hotel's own website is really expensive, you can get rooms half the price booking through e.g. hotels.com.

Nevertheless, the hotel was excellent. I've been staying in tens of hotels during the last couple of years and I can say that the only better one in this price level was the Signature at MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Request a room in the
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JohnnyPx
Dear JohhnyPx:

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate hearing about our guest’s experiences. I am pleased that you enjoyed the level of service our team provided you; our success is their commitment to the service levels that have earned us our 4-Star, 4-Diamond reputation.

It is our practice to continually monitor guest feedback on wi-fi as well as audit the signal continually to ensure our service levels are maintained. Thank you again for your feedback, I look forward to another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Wacissa, Florida
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Our group has an annual conference, usually held in Orlando. We were at the Peabody in 2009, but tried another nearby property the following year.

It was nowhere near as nice as the Peabody, so we returned this year. (Thank goodness!) Most reviewers (and hotel guests) are leisure travelers, and New York 1974's review is right on target for the lucky folks on holiday. My comments are directed towards the business and convention crowd; you simply can't find a better, more accommodating venue.

From the initial planning phases, through the "pre-con" event walkthrough, until the after-conference survey of our members, we were amazed by the professionalism, friendliness and special touches that made this our best, most memorable conference ever. A good hotel knows the answer to your questions; a great one anticipates these questions in advance and can suggest best practices they’ve gleaned from hundreds of previous events. That is what we found at the Peabody - a dedicated and personable staff that was as committed to our success as we were.

The location (directly adjacent to the Orange County Convention Center) is certainly a plus, but we found the facilities at the Peabody to be far superior, and only needed to use the Convention Center for a half day. The spacious (and spotless) meeting rooms for our plenary and breakout sessions were superior in every way. From the catering staff to the A/V technicians, we were simply amazed by the level of competence and ability. Folks, these people know how to put on a winning conference, and we WILL be back!

Dear Mark-nole:

I thank you for taking time to write about your convention experience at The Peabody Orlando. I am very proud to read how pleased you were to return to our hotel for your convention and, on behalf of our entire team, thank you for your repeat business. I look forward to hosting your future conventions and making each one of them your most memorable conference.

Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed May 3, 2011

First of all, please ignore anyone who gives this hotel less than 5 stars, they clearly don't know what a good hotel is. I've been lucky enough to stay in 5 star hotels all over the world and this one is on a par with them and should be rated above the 4 stars that it has.

My first encounter with the staff was an email in advance of my stay requesting a nice view in the new tower. I was emailed back promptly stating they would try and acco,irate my request.

The check in was quick and I was happy to hear that I'd been upgraded to an executive suite in the new tower with king bed.

The rooms are lovely with huge flat screen tv and many channels to choose from. The tv in the bathroom mirror was a welcome addition even although it added 15 mins to my wife's daily rituals for getting ready. The bed was so comfy and we enjoyed a lovely sleep after a day in the parks.

Sure the drinks are quite expensive, but no more than you would expect to pay in a hotel of this quality. Expect to pay 5 bucks for a beer and 10 for a glass of wine.

This hotel blends leisure and business perfectly. The pools are lovely and not too busy and you will find the majority of people are here for work.

It's location is perfect with bus stops just outside for the itrolley and lynx. We made great use of the itrolley tickets that are included in your 10 dollar daily resort fee. It also includes water and use of the hotels facilities.

It's only 5 mins walk to the pointe which offers plenty of places to eat if you get bored of the many restaurants the Peabody has to offer.

If its for business or leisure, If you are staying on I drive then this is the only hotel to choose.

I can't wait to return..

5 Thank NewYork1974
MarshallKelberman, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
Dear NewYork1974:

Thank you for your business and review of The Peabody Orlando. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your room accommodations and hotel amenities. We can’t wait to welcome you back to our hotel soon. May I suggest that you explore our expansive fitness center and spa services when you return, it’s a great complement to relaxing by the pools or after a busy days at the park.

Pace, Florida
Reviewed April 30, 2011

I normally don't rate places I stay this high but there is not really anything I can say bad about this place. I was there for 4 nights for a business conference and boy was I impressed. The staff was absolutely the most friendliest staff at a hotel I have ever seen. They put Disney to shame. Everyone there was so very helpful and made our conference a huge success. All of the food prepared for our daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner was fantastic. The hotel has 2 bars both of which were very upscale and even for a non drinker provided a great atmosphere to catch up with colleagues.

Close proximity to all the theme parks. Sea World and Universal are both right next door and Disney is only about a 10-15 minute drive. Also about 10-15 minutes from the airport.

Rooms are very well appointed. HUGE flat screen TV and a TV in the mirror in the bathroom!! I stayed in the "old" tower but nothing about it said old to me. The room was extremely clean and very comfortable. Free internet access. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. If I had one negative thing to say it would be that the doors slam very hard so if you have a lot of people near you when they leave and come back the doors can be heard quite loudly.

The entire hotel was clean. Both pools were very nice although the pool off of the lobby is probably the nicer of the 2.

If you have a chance to stay here I would highly recommend it. I normally stay in a condo when visiting Orlando for personal trips but the Peabody is on my list to bring my wife to sometime in the near future!

Valet parking is $20 per day or $12 for self park. The garage is a little ways away so I recommend valet.

1 Thank bishoparc
Raleigh,NC
Reviewed April 30, 2011

This just might be our all-time favorite hotel, and we've stayed in some very nice ones, including several 5-star ones in Vegas.
I "won" this off Priceline and was thrilled, as we have visited this hotel in the past just to see the duck "parade". We arrived Friday, April 15th for a 3-night stay, and did not want to leave! From the moment we arrived, we enjoyed every minute. Everyone was so friendly and helpful!
We got a room in the new tower, which was awesome! Loved the built-in tv in the large round mirror in the bathroom. (which doesn't get fogged up) What a nice touch to have the sensored nightlights that come on as you step around the rooms in the dark. The bed and pillows could not possibly have been more comfortable!
Speaking of comfortable, they really have thought of every need...robes, a refrigerator, a safe, even an umbrella. They have some really cool "stock the fridge" packages you can purchase. (which didn't appear to be as outrageously expensive as you might expect)
Absolutely adored the duck theme everywhere...from the cute little duck soap in the bathroom, to the ducks on the bathmat...every time you turned around there was another cute duck to admire. And, of course, the duck parade is not to be missed! (Be advised that children might see a part of nature they might not have seen before...we've witnessed this a couple times with the amorous ducks).
We tried the Beeline Diner a couple times and found the food to be pretty darn okay, although a tad expensive. I will say that I enjoyed a chardonnay that I feared would be ridiculously expensive there, then was very pleased to see it was only $6 per glass. Also, saw some earrings in the gift shop that I liked and was stunned that they were just $9.99! Yes, you heard right! ( the protein drink my husband bought there was $5 though...who got the better deal? HAH!)
Valet parking was $20 per day plus tax. Service was quick and friendly for it.
There is a "resort fee" at this hotel, which is pretty darn typical for the nicer hotels in Orlando, so it was to be expected. It was nice though that this meant internet was available. This was invaluable to us when we found out that tornadoes had hit our home town while we were gone!
Would have loved to stay longer and try out the fitness center, perhaps the spa, and some of the other restaurants. Rocks Lounge had live music Friday night when we checked in, but we were too tired to go enjoy it. We spent two whole days in parks, so we spent way less time than we would have liked in the hotel itself.
I might add that we are not pool people, but seeing the pool from the hall window near the elevators from our 13th floor made us want to be pool people and have the time to experience it. Water-slide included!
The ONLY thing we disliked about The Peabody was that we only had 3 nights there!
Now please excuse me while I go check our lottery ticket to see if we can go back tomorrow!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lori R
MarshallKelberman, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
Dear LovedToronto:

I enjoyed reading your review of our hotel and thank you for taking time to write such a detailed and colorful description of your visit with us. I am pleased that our selection of guest room amenities made your stay comfortable and that our ducks made your visit memorable.

I do hope that your friends and loved ones were fortunate enough to be safe from the tornadoes and that we will be fortunate enough to see you again.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 30, 2011

We stayed here for a week. Its a great hotel on International Drive with fantastic facilities. Its located about a 5-10 min walk from Pointe Orlando which has lots of restaraunts and a few shops. The i trolly stop is right outside the door and its about 20 minute drive from the airport.
They have a 9 dollar a day resort fee but its worth it because you get the paper every morning, bottles of water in your fridge and wifi which is excellent. There is also an ipod docking station in the room which was brilliant.
There are two pool areas one with slides and smaller pools and another fifty meter pool with loads of sun loungers around them.
There is a nice fitness centre there with facilities to shower and freshen up if you have a late flight and have already checked out.
We found the staff including the conceriege to be very friendly and helpful. The duck parade which happens at 11 and five every day is wonderful and a definite must see!! I would recommend viewing it from upstairs as it can get a little crowded downstairs.
Will definatley stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple