I was originally booked at a different hotel on Idrive for 14days, but due to the rooms being unsuitable to my needs I checked out after 4 days and stayed the remaining 10 at the peabody. I managed to get a fantasic rate and called reservations before actually booking to make sure I would not encounter the same issues like the previous hotel. I called reservations and was helped by two exceptional ladies call Stephanie and Diana, I can not praise these ladies enough, excellent in every way and more importantly very understanding to my needs.
So off I went kids in tow for my 10 days, now this hotel is as beautiful as the website pictures show, infact I dont think the website pictures do it justice as it really is nice and modern (even the older part looks good for its age) Check in was ok, although reception need to tell guests upon check in what ammeneties are included, I booked very last minute and I forgot it was only until I got up to the room after some hours and I read the in room info that I remembered that the trolley pass, local calls, ect..are included, but if you dont read the info in room or booked way ahead so not likely to remember you will never know this due to recepion not telling you and if you booked via a 3rd party like expedia then you are really stuffed as that info is not always in the description.
I am a creature of modern comforts and this hotel, especially the rooms has it all, the bathroom TV was a delight, the bed super comfy, lots of space, nice decor...however I stay in an awful lot of hotels and most of them are 4-5 star, so seeing a glitzy room can no longer cloud my judgement and I base a lot of my opinions of a hotel on service rather than style and this is where this hotel falls short.
Concierge : Pretentious and snooty are the best words to describe them, the Peabody needs to figure out if they want to be a business or family hotel, I was speaking with a staff member who explained for many years they were more more a business client hotel which would explain the "professionalisim" to the point of frosty and cold from nearly all the concerige staff, but if they are trying to pull familes in they really need to drop the attitude. I asked "Nathan" on concerige if they had an ice machine, I was told "Well of course" with a tone that suggested I was some kind of hill-billy for even asking, now bearing in mind there is nothing I could find in the room to tell you where the ice machine was located I just assumed like some 4* deluxe and 5* hotels in the UK, they did not have a ice machine because it is usually sent up to you free of charge through room service. That was just one of many attitude issues I had with concierge,I also had an issue with being given wrong information by another lady on concerige who equally had a stinking attitude, and ended up speaking with Marlina the duty manager, who was a total delight, professional, friendly, bent over backwards to help sort things out. I think the majority of the concerige staff are straight out of college as they all seemed a bit young and inexperienced and you could see hints of attitude and diva strops coming through if things got a bit tough for them.
Housekeeping: I am still unsure if I just got the short straw in the housekeeping department or if this is how the whole HK team operate. The first 4-5 days were ok, but by day 5 I realised that the room had not been hoovered (1 adult and 2 children with one being a toddler the room by the way) or if it had been it was a very bad job, lots of smear marks still left on tables, thick dust around bedside lamp, ipod stereo and TV and also on the shelves where they fold and put the towels, bathroom not being mopped (my toddler cant quite aim well so lets just say when he misses you know about it after some days if not cleaned properly) fridge not shut properly after refilling with water (they did this 3 times by the way) which caused my sons milk to go off as the cupboard the fridge is located is very warm, some days I got shower gel, some days didn't, this kind of stuff should not be occuring in this level of hotel, how can you have a guest stay for 10 days and midway through their stay not give the room a deep clean?!? Clearly they do not have many long stay guests as I had to call up housekeeping twice about this as the room was getting pretty dirty (the first time fell on deaf ears) but in fairness I blame the supervisors, they are the ones who are supposed to inspect the rooms and they are the ones who are allowing this poor standard of cleaning to go on.
Bell Hop: Overall they were pretty friendly, but upon check in not one of them even bothered to try and help me (and one guy actually looked over at me) with my 2 large suitcases, pram and kids, so was left to struggle with this up to me room on my own and neither did the lady at reception ask if I needed help, but at that stage I was just happy to be out fo the other hotel.
Reception: Other than chek in and check out I did not have much contact with reception, I have mentioned about check in, not the best as they lady who check me in could have been more informative but nothing could prepare me for the receptionist named "Britney" She has no business working front of house, and she should be kept on switchboard back of house! the most sour faced, miserable rude receptionist I have had the misfortune of encountering, she gave my son a scornful look becasue he was making some noise, she asked to see my ID as they was some credit on my account and she inspected my ID more than immigration did upon enty to the USA, I understand the need to do this, but you really had to be there to see how far she took this as if I was some kind of criminal..yes Britney, that kind of behaviour is going to really want guests to back to the Peabody!?! There was no "how was your stay" no "goodbye" nothing, just processed me out in silence...total utter disgrace of a receptionist and whoever hired her ought to be ashmed to have her there!
On a postive, the pool guys were all really nice, Britney who worked in the B-line was lovely and always friendly and helpful and as I mentioned for the most part the bell hop guys were usually happy and polite, the guys who worked in the coffee shop next to the main hotel shop were all nice also so there are the odd diamonds in the rough at the Peabody, but the really good staff who truly understand customer service are all sadly back of house for the most part, but if all the staff had the attitude of the likes of Marlina, Stephanie and Diana, I see no reason why the Peabody can not be one of the top 10 hotels in Orlando.
Would I stay again? I am still unsure, but one thing is for certain is if I do, it will be 7 days or less as housekeeping seem to just give up after day 5!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Resort Close to All the Fun & Adventure! Hyatt Regency Orlando is an iconic hotel located in the heart of everything Orlando, Florida has to offer: theme parks, shopping, dining, nightlife and so much more. We've got something for everyone from two sparkling pools, a waterside & waterfall, a full-service spa & salon, 24-hour StayFit Gym, 7 dining & lounge options, and a customer service driven team awaiting your arrival. What Makes a Seamless Stay: • AAA Four Diamond Accommodations: 1,641 guestrooms and suites, with upgrades including view and club level rooms • Resort Pools: Complete with waterslide, waterfall, splash pad, separate kiddie pool area and cabanas available for rent • Location on International Drive: Guests receive two daily I-Ride Trolley tickets to nearby I-Drive locations including Pointe Orlando, I-Drive 360, SeaWorld and Aquatica. • Enjoy Orlando Attractions: We are minutes from Universal Orlando Resort, Walt Disney World Resort and SeaWorld. • Vibrant Dining: Choose from five Full- Service Dining outlets, two bars, a grab & go and 24 hr. room service. Our pools, spa and sunshine are calling your name. Book with us today to make memories that will last a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peabody Orlando Hotel Orlando
- The Peabody Hotel Orlando
- Peabody Orlando
- Peabody Hotel Orlando Fl