Upon check-in, I was greeted very warmly by the front desk clerk. The rooms I had requested could not be accomodated, so I asked for and received a free upgrade. We had two rooms - a spacious two queens and a kidsuite. The kidsuite is best described as a "room within a room." There were two walls (where the first queen bed would be) that went up to two feet below the ceiling with an open "door" facing the "hallway" of the room. In this "room" there were two sets of bunkbeds, creating an "L" shape, and a small shelf with a television. There was also a king sized bed in the room, a dorm fridge, microwave, shelving, closet with panel doors, small table with two chairs, and a business desk with a leather chair. The room was quite roomy, and with two teenagers, a preteen and a toddler with mom and dad, we never felt like we were in each other's way. If you have a family, I would highly recommend a kidsuite. They are a great deal over getting two rooms, and each kid gets their own area on their bunk. Each bunk also has their own reading lights.
Every staff member we encountered, with one exception, asked how our stay was and if there was anything they could do to help. The pictures of this hotel on the website accurately depict this hotel - the rooms are done very nicely, the bathrooms were beautiful (and the Bath and Body Works products were great!), and the pool was nicely done.
We only had a few complaints - the doors for the connecting rooms allowed a lot of noise to come into our room. This became a problem at midnight when our neighbors came back and were quite noisy. The second complaint was the pool - it is saltwater, but not heated. It was too cold to swim in during our stay. Finally, the hotel desk clerk at check-out did not meet the same expectations as other staff we met. We watched him check a family in, give one man restaurant advice, and he checked us out. He didn't seem to be all in it. Finally, this hotel is close to Downtown Disney and I-4 (there are 3 Holiday Inns in the immediate area). Traffic getting into the hotel during the day was a bit of a challenge because of the cars lined up in the far right hand lane to get onto I-4. I understand the hotel can't help this, but it is good to know.
Overall, this hotel was awesome and we plan to stay there next time we head to Orlando.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at the Holiday Inn Resort(R) Lake Buena Vista, you are so close to the entrance to Walt Disney World(R) Resort, you can almost feel the Magic! This official Disney Good Neighbor hotel is fresh from a multi-million dollar makeover, making it perfect for your visit to the Walt Disney World(R) area. Take advantage of scheduled shuttles to the Disney parks, Sea World(R), Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Orlando Premium Outlets shopping and the Orange County Convention Center! After a busy day, come back to spacious, generously-appointed accommodations. Choose King or Queen-size bedding with 37" HDTV televisions, high-speed Internet, refrigerator, microwave, granite top vanities and upgraded bath amenities. Families love our KidSuites, a room-within-a-room that lets kids enjoy their own space within their parents room. Relax at the expansive, tropically-landscaped outdoor sundeck with plenty of lounge chairs, oversize heated pool, Splash Pad and two whirlpool spas! There is plenty to do onsite including outdoor pool tables, giant checkers and chess, ping pong, fitness center and an arcade/game room. PLUS - a Daily Scheduled Activities and Movies program for kids and adults! Enjoy great dining at Applebees(R) located onsite, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pinkys Market Place and Gift Shop is in the hotel lobby. Free high speed internet access helps you stay connected, and on-site meeting rooms are available for special events. Explore the Lake Buena Vista and Downtown Disney area's plentiful dining, shopping, nightly entertainment and picturesque setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn