“NEVER AGAIN! SAFETY DANGER”

Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #99 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I was really looking forward to staying here because Applebee's is the hotel restaurant. I even paid an extra $11 when I booked the room for the prepaid breakfast buffet. It was not until I checked in that I was informed the restaurant does not open till 7am. In my years of business travel I have NEVER encountered a hotel that doesn't start serving breakfast on WEEKDAY until 7am. Typically the buffet will END at 9am!!! This information should have been given to me especially since I paid extra specifically for breakfast. I doubled checked and there is no information on the website about the breakfast hours.

Since I needed to be at the airport before 8am I asked if I could either be given a credit for the extra $11 I paid or if I could use the breakfast voucher on a future visit. I was told NO that nothing could be done so I asked to speak with the Manager who repeated that nothing could be done.

I hope Holiday Inn spends the $11 wisely because its the last dollar they will ever get from me

The other issue I had with the hotel is that I was directed to enter the hotel at an entrance toward the back of the hotel even though it seemed like there was an elevator much closer to my room in the front. After investigating I realized that this was because the closer elevator was technically in a different building and the way they connected is via the fire escape stairwell and that this is supposed to be locked so non guests cannot enter the hotel. However I found that the door's lock was broken and that ANYONE CAN ENTER THE HOTEL FROM THE OUTSIDE.

I would think twice if you are bringing young children to this hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Richard-94122
Keith D, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Richard-94122:

Let me start by saying I am very sorry to hear of the experience you had while at our Resort. Please accept the resorts apologies for the service you received from the Front Desk, it does not by any means represent the service standards and expectations that our company stands for or expects. I have sent you a private message to be able to inquire a few more details so that we may properly address this incident and ensure that it does not happen ever again.

Applebee's hours are from 7AM in the morning until 2AM daily with maybe a few variations caused by the seasonal environment of the Disney Resort area. We do admit that this is a little later than the start of most corporate hotel breakfast hours and we agree with you that we should look at our service times again to ensure that we are accommodating all of our guests needs both leisure and corporate.

The entrance door that you spoke of has been repaired and is working properly again. All ground floor doors to the property do require a guest key for entry for our guests security. Unfortunately as with all mechanical items we do experience malfunctions and work to have them corrected as fast as we can. We apologize that we may have been delayed in correcting that issue.

Thank you again for letting us know about your recent stay and know that we will ensure that all items you have brought up are properly addressed by Ownership and Upper Management.

Best Regards,

Keith D.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Very nice big ,bright,clean, new looking room and bathroom which accommodated 2 couples for a night without feeling cramped. We had a fridge and a microwave too. The only thing we were missing was a couple of hooks with hangers for our travelling and business clothes. We didn't use the pool but the area around was very appealing. Breakfast is at Applebee's within the hotel. Watch out for the $11.99 buffet which doesn't include tea, coffee or juice. You'll have close to $6 added to your bill for coffee and a large OJ! The waitress never announced it would be extra. Admittedly, portions are generous : a jug for the coffee and 3 tea bags for the tea but there was only 2 of us .

Room Tip: We stayed in room E129 which was on the ground level so easy access to the car but was still very qu...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Sophie T
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Its a great hotel that along with giving an authentic hotel experience, also makes you feel right at home. The price is pretty good too, just 149 per night. That's an excellent prive compared to all the services offered here. These include a pool, arcade a small screening area where there children and adults alike can watch their favourite animated movies. This hotel apso offers free breakfast for kids and two adults. Lastly the location is great too. Its located at a fifteen minute drive from the disney and universal parks, to reach which you could either take a taxi or avail the free shuttle service to the disney parks offered by the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank TahaTaha07
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I'll start from the top- location is GREAT to the Disney area- we didn't use the bus service.
Check-in- slow service but once helped, things went smooth. Great directions to room, nice personalities.
For my building, you had to walk outside to get to the room (no indoor hallways) I think the others were this way as well. The elevator was a little more dirty than the average elevator but it did the job. The room was nicely decorated and upgraded to current standards- granite counters in bathroom area, flat panel tv, ect... the view wasn't great but I wasn't there to look out the window. The bed was super comfy and the pillows and bedding were clean and fluffy! I love that I was able to sleep here! The bathroom was a little under standards in terms of appearance. There were cracks, sloppy caulking and the drain was rusty in the shower- speaking of shower, the shower curtain was hung too high so it would not overlap the tub causing water to end up on the floor. Also, my shower did not drain normally! I didn't realize this until 10pm after my 2 kids were asleep so I ended up taking a shower with the water level rising to my ankles by the time I was done. It took about 2 hrs to drain so no more showers that night! Check out was a breeze..
Noise level was average like other hotels- you always have those obnoxious people who come into the hallway as if they are the only people in the world. I recommend bringing a sound machine to drown out the extras. Otherwise, I did not hear my neighbors once in their room.
I didn't use the facilities so I can't comment but the water area for the kids looked clean and cute. Kids under 12 were able to eat at Applebees (the one onsite) for free- that helped- A LOT!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Ram326
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Nice hotel, very friendly staff and the location is great close to everything in Orlando. Our room was very big with a king size bed, living room area with a mini fridge and microwave. Our room had a balcony facing the pool (very nice pool area). The bathroom was also a nice size and everything was very clean. There is an Applebee's next to the Hotel and is stays open until 2:00am and the tiki bar until 11:00pm. There is also an arcade, movie room, gym, business center and the pool has a section for kids that includes a playground.

We stayed for 4 days and loved it!. We will definitely stay here again when we go back to Orlando.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Juli_ed20142014
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night before a week on Disney property. The rooms are really big and comfortable. Updated decor and very clean. The hotel is right in the middle of everything. Perfect if you are visiting Disney, Universal or SeaWorld. They have lots of nice touches, secure parking an Applebees on site and a nice gameroom and movie theater for kids. The pool is amazing, on par with a Disney pool. They have ping pong, a splash pad and bar. The pool is in the courtyard, beutifully landscaped, comfortble and plenty of seating, the layout is such that you have some privacy and feel like you are at a pricey resort. They have towels available and a schedule of games and such. This would be a great hotel to spend a week at and have fun.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Kml03
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We didn't go in with great expectations, having read the reviews. However, the hotel (I agree - it's not really a resort) served our purposes really well. The room was a decent size, there was a fridge and a microwave, plus a small dining table apart from the desk. Wifi worked well. Parking is free - that's a rarity these days! Proximity to I4 and Disney was great.
We weren't looking for the Waldorf Astoria and found the property to be just fine for the price. We made our own breakfasts (thanks to fridge and microwave) so didn't have the bad experiences with the buffet that others have mentioned. In fact, we just went to Appleby's for the very enjoyable 2 for 1 margaritas.
Our only complaint - noise. Our room (246) overlooked the pool and music is blaring until 11 PM. Our upstairs neighbors either had an elephant in the room or a child that had been fed way too much sugar and was running laps around the place until late at night and from early in the morning. We were there for 4 nights. After the second night, I invested in ear plugs and all was well.
We'll go there again because we really don't want to pay for the Waldorf Astoria. We want somewhere clean, not cramped, with fridge and microwave, free parking and wifi, and proximity to the attractions. We got that!

Room Tip: 246 overlooks the pool and is noisy. A parking lot view would probably be quieter!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beanetbear
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!