I was really looking forward to staying here because Applebee's is the hotel restaurant. I even paid an extra $11 when I booked the room for the prepaid breakfast buffet. It was not until I checked in that I was informed the restaurant does not open till 7am. In my years of business travel I have NEVER encountered a hotel that doesn't start serving breakfast on WEEKDAY until 7am. Typically the buffet will END at 9am!!! This information should have been given to me especially since I paid extra specifically for breakfast. I doubled checked and there is no information on the website about the breakfast hours.
Since I needed to be at the airport before 8am I asked if I could either be given a credit for the extra $11 I paid or if I could use the breakfast voucher on a future visit. I was told NO that nothing could be done so I asked to speak with the Manager who repeated that nothing could be done.
I hope Holiday Inn spends the $11 wisely because its the last dollar they will ever get from me
The other issue I had with the hotel is that I was directed to enter the hotel at an entrance toward the back of the hotel even though it seemed like there was an elevator much closer to my room in the front. After investigating I realized that this was because the closer elevator was technically in a different building and the way they connected is via the fire escape stairwell and that this is supposed to be locked so non guests cannot enter the hotel. However I found that the door's lock was broken and that ANYONE CAN ENTER THE HOTEL FROM THE OUTSIDE.
I would think twice if you are bringing young children to this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at the Holiday Inn Resort(R) Lake Buena Vista, you are so close to the entrance to Walt Disney World(R) Resort, you can almost feel the Magic! This official Disney Good Neighbor hotel is fresh from a multi-million dollar makeover, making it perfect for your visit to the Walt Disney World(R) area. Take advantage of scheduled shuttles to the Disney parks, Sea World(R), Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Orlando Premium Outlets shopping and the Orange County Convention Center! After a busy day, come back to spacious, generously-appointed accommodations. Choose King or Queen-size bedding with 37" HDTV televisions, high-speed Internet, refrigerator, microwave, granite top vanities and upgraded bath amenities. Families love our KidSuites, a room-within-a-room that lets kids enjoy their own space within their parents room. Relax at the expansive, tropically-landscaped outdoor sundeck with plenty of lounge chairs, oversize heated pool, Splash Pad and two whirlpool spas! There is plenty to do onsite including outdoor pool tables, giant checkers and chess, ping pong, fitness center and an arcade/game room. PLUS - a Daily Scheduled Activities and Movies program for kids and adults! Enjoy great dining at Applebees(R) located onsite, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pinkys Market Place and Gift Shop is in the hotel lobby. Free high speed internet access helps you stay connected, and on-site meeting rooms are available for special events. Explore the Lake Buena Vista and Downtown Disney area's plentiful dining, shopping, nightly entertainment and picturesque setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn