Let me start by saying I really enjoyed my stay overall. The staff was helpful, friendly and nice. The location to Disney parks were great, but Downtown Disney is about a 10 min drive, you cannot walk there. The hotel is very clean. My kids loved the huge pool area. There is a Tiki bar although I did not go there. There is an Applebee's in the hotel that has free breakfast for 9 and under(the kids' menu wasn't all that great for breakfast so we paid for the kids' buffet instead). We only ate there once. We had an issue with housekeeping that was not resolved(they began skip on towels, toilet tissue ,coffee, beds, etc). SInce we weren't really at the hotel much, it wasn't that much of an issue. My only issue was the lack of shuttle service to the parks. The current shuttle schedule is ridiculous unless you are there for Epcot(there are many shuttles to and fro that park). And since we were there for Magic Kingdom and Universal, we ended up getting taxi service back to the hotel. The shuttle leaves Magic Kingdom at 4:45 and that is just ridiculous since most people want to enjoy the MK parade at night. Although this hotel is the first to load unto shuttle, it gets pretty full, so be in line early if you have kids, so that you don't have to stand going to MK. Although the hotel is nice and the staff is friendly, you might want to call the hotel to get the shuttle schedule before staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at the Holiday Inn Resort(R) Lake Buena Vista, you are so close to the entrance to Walt Disney World(R) Resort, you can almost feel the Magic! This official Disney Good Neighbor hotel is fresh from a multi-million dollar makeover, making it perfect for your visit to the Walt Disney World(R) area. Take advantage of scheduled shuttles to the Disney parks, Sea World(R), Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Orlando Premium Outlets shopping and the Orange County Convention Center! After a busy day, come back to spacious, generously-appointed accommodations. Choose King or Queen-size bedding with 37" HDTV televisions, high-speed Internet, refrigerator, microwave, granite top vanities and upgraded bath amenities. Families love our KidSuites, a room-within-a-room that lets kids enjoy their own space within their parents room. Relax at the expansive, tropically-landscaped outdoor sundeck with plenty of lounge chairs, oversize heated pool, Splash Pad and two whirlpool spas! There is plenty to do onsite including outdoor pool tables, giant checkers and chess, ping pong, fitness center and an arcade/game room. PLUS - a Daily Scheduled Activities and Movies program for kids and adults! Enjoy great dining at Applebees(R) located onsite, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pinkys Market Place and Gift Shop is in the hotel lobby. Free high speed internet access helps you stay connected, and on-site meeting rooms are available for special events. Explore the Lake Buena Vista and Downtown Disney area's plentiful dining, shopping, nightly entertainment and picturesque setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn