We stayed here for 3 nights in June. We booked it blindly through Hotwire, which claimed it to be Downtown Disney Area. Not exactly, but not that far, either.
Our room was great (except that we didn't have a Do Not Disturb sign in our room). We didn't feel like calling the front desk to get one, so we braved it, and let the housekeeper do her thing while we were gone. Everything was fine, other than she arrived in the early afternoon rather than the morning hours. It was clean, the air worked fine and the bathroom was clean. It was also very quiet.
My kids were disappointed with the arcade, a couple of games ate their tokens. Frankly, we only took them to the arcade because they had won tokens in some of the pool games.
We are Disney passholders. so we are usually out of the parks by 2 p.m. to enjoy the hotel/pool. The pool was pretty big. It looked clean, but my kids swam with goggles and often commented about the number of dead bugs at the bottom of the pool. There were plenty of organized games for the kids to play during the day. My only disappointment is that they allowed grown ups to compete against the kids on some of the games. There is no reason why a 40 year old woman should beat a 13 year old kid in a belly flop contest for tokens. Let the grownups compete with each other, if they want to play.
The pool also had to close one afternoon because of poop. Believe me when I say that this has happened more often than I care to remember at several Disney hotels. It's usually a toddler without swim diapers. Thankfully it was at the end of the day as we were getting ready to go upstairs, otherwise that would have put a damper in our day.
The Applebees Tiki bar was closed until 4 p.m. one afternoon, which was a bummer. We arrived around 2 and jumped right in the pool. The kids were hoping to get an early snack by the pool since we had 7 p.m. dinner reservations.
Another bummer was that the electricity went out one morning around 8. We showered in the dark and headed to the parks since we weren't exactly sure how long it would be out. We were told it was restored around 10 a.m. Thankfully we are all able bodied and could walk down the stairs.
All in all, it was a good experience for the money we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at the Holiday Inn Resort(R) Lake Buena Vista, you are so close to the entrance to Walt Disney World(R) Resort, you can almost feel the Magic! This official Disney Good Neighbor hotel is fresh from a multi-million dollar makeover, making it perfect for your visit to the Walt Disney World(R) area. Take advantage of scheduled shuttles to the Disney parks, Sea World(R), Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Orlando Premium Outlets shopping and the Orange County Convention Center! After a busy day, come back to spacious, generously-appointed accommodations. Choose King or Queen-size bedding with 37" HDTV televisions, high-speed Internet, refrigerator, microwave, granite top vanities and upgraded bath amenities. Families love our KidSuites, a room-within-a-room that lets kids enjoy their own space within their parents room. Relax at the expansive, tropically-landscaped outdoor sundeck with plenty of lounge chairs, oversize heated pool, Splash Pad and two whirlpool spas! There is plenty to do onsite including outdoor pool tables, giant checkers and chess, ping pong, fitness center and an arcade/game room. PLUS - a Daily Scheduled Activities and Movies program for kids and adults! Enjoy great dining at Applebees(R) located onsite, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pinkys Market Place and Gift Shop is in the hotel lobby. Free high speed internet access helps you stay connected, and on-site meeting rooms are available for special events. Explore the Lake Buena Vista and Downtown Disney area's plentiful dining, shopping, nightly entertainment and picturesque setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn