“Great family atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #110 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great family atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel delivered all they offered. My family enjoyed every amenity and had a blast at their pool recreations. My husband and I both agree we will stay again. There was a slight issue with a neighboring guest but the Hotel quickly resolved the problem.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Mrsdavis10612
Keith D, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Mrsdavis10612:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We are very happy that you had a blast while at our hotel and were able to enjoy all the amenities!

Look forward to see you on your return trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Resort fee? How can you put an Apple Bee's and a dysfunctional wet playground to your hotel and be called a resort. Yes, there was an arcade but half the game was old and from my parent's generation. How can you put a 46in TV in a dark room and call that a movie theater? At least have the movie play in HD quality (ever heard of a HDMI cable). Though the bell boy, the front desk and the waiters inside Applebees were nice and helpful, everyone else seem to be pricks. The location happens to be on a busy street with Interstate 4 off in the distance. The rooms were spacious, that I liked. The cleaning staff was superb.
The pool was to decent. Beside the fake advertising of the hotel (movie theater, a functioning water playground, arcade), my stay there was adequate. Grade: C-

BTW, If you're renting a car inside the Holiday Inn, avoid Dollar at any cost. During my check-in, I happen to notice the fat guy (supposedly the manager only because he kept telling that to the customer) yelling at his employee to not answer the customer's questions.

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank spl087
Dear Spl087:

Thank you for your kind words for the bellman and the waiters along with cleaning staff. We are glad you also found the room to be spacious and accommodating.
I have send you an message to inquire about any negative interactions with other employees during you stay. Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I live in Tampa and are Disney annual passholders, so we make mini trips to Orlando frequently. We booked this hotel "blindly" as a Hotwire secret hotel. We booked it as a 3.5 star Lake Buena Vista hotel...and that is what we got. We initially thought we were staying at the Holiday Inn that is closer to Downtown Disney, so that was little bit of a disappointment. This hotel is still close, however it is not within walking distance of DD. We didn't spend much time in the hotel, it was really just a place to sleep. The room was very big, definitely big enough for a family. There was lots of extra space, a fridge/freezer, and a microwave. So if you're making a weekend out of it, you definitely have food & drink storage. There's an Applebee's attached and an Applebee's Tiki Bar at the pool (which we didn't have a chance to check out).

We were a little surprised that we were charged a $13 resort fee upon checkout. I know pretty much all of the Orlando hotels charge this fee, I just would have thought that the resort fee would have been included in the upfront payment on Hotwire.

Overall nice hotel, comfortable spacious rooms, close to Downtown Disney and the Orlando Outlets.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CarlyM24:

We are glad you enjoyed your stay for your short trip to Orlando. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We hope to see you again for a longer trip when you are not booking blind!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We booked this hotel to stay on our recent holiday and after reading other people's reviews was very cautious about it but can honestly say we had no faults what so ever!!!

The pool area was very clean and spacious and have a lot of activities for the kids, Dan (who i must say was a really lovely person) ran all the children's activities was absolutely amazing and kept the kids entertained through out the whole day so mummy and daddy could have some me time and the kids adored him.

The rooms were spacious and were cleaned and towels changed everyday, and where equipped with everything you need.

Applebee's was joined on to the hotel and we were given kids eat free vouchers at the hotel reception which suited us perfectly.

On arrival we had all our bags taken straight away and I can't really remember the mans name although I'm sure it was Jose, he was an absolute star, he was so friendly and attentive and generally just another lovley person which this hotel is full off!!!,

All in all I really liked this hotel the service was brilliant and had no problems at all, would defenatley stay here again!!,x x x

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Keith D, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Lewie2Riley:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of your recent Holiday with us. We are so glad you were able to relax and enjoy while at the pool and that the kids enjoyed the activities so much. We will pass the kind words on to Dan and Jose! Your taking the time to write means allot to us, so glad we could make your stay brilliant!

Cheers,
Savannah, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had several issues with this hotel. I even took pictures and asked for a supervisor upon checkout and was offered nothing more than "I wish you had called this to our attention sooner" as they slid my card to charge their resort fees. She did proceed to contact the housekeeping department and describe to them how "disgusting" the pictures of the room were so they could address it. Our towels and shampoo were not changed out after our first night, our trash was not all taken out, the vent in the bathroom was covered in mold, the drain in the sink (not the main one, the smaller that keeps it from overflowing) was surrounded by a ring of dirt and grime and a hair that wasn't ours, the door jambs had not been wiped in quite some time, even the tv and its base were covered in dust. There was a serious lack of detail in their room cleaning/refreshing. There is also no breakfast offered here except in the Applebees connected to the hotel with an overpriced $11.99 buffet, although kids do eat free. Outside of its great location in proximity to Disney World, this hotel has nothing going for it.

• 2 of 5 stars
Keith D, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Amy C:

Please accept the hotels apologies for the condition of the room you were in for your recent stay. I have sent you a message to be able to more directly address your concerns and ensure that they were corrected after your conversation with the Front Desk.
Full service Holiday Inns do not have breakfast included with the room unless you are paying a special breakfast package rate, I apologize for any confusion on this matter.
I look forward to hearing form you to be able to fully address your concerns.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed here for one night with my daughter who was checking in the next morning for the Disney College Program right across the street. I booked this room early and paid $66 plus taxes for a grand total of around $80. This was quite a bargain. The double room was absolutely HUGE with a nice bathroom, good-sized refrigerator, and even a microwave. In-room coffee/tea was actually very good. I was greeted so warmly when I checked in. When I booked the room, I signed up for the rewards program. They treated me extra special even though I basically had 0 points! I got a bag with a water bottle and snack and was told I didn't have to check out the next day until 2 pm!! I spent some time at the pool area which was quite nice and comfortable with an Apple-bees walk-up bar nearby. Everything was extremely clean and the beds were very comfortable. Not quite the same as staying on Disney property but enjoyable nonetheless. I was moving to another hotel for the next three nights but wished I had booked my entire stay here it was THAT nice. Plentiful Free Parking. Free coffee in the lobby would have been a nice added touch....

Dear Teash:

Welcome to IHG Rewards! Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and we are glad to hear how positive your first experience was with our hotel and the IHG Rewards program. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Saint Marys, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel is a total rip off. The shuttle that they say takes you to all the parks does not ! And if you dont go by their scheduled times for departure and return, you have to find your own way back. not to mention that the return times were ridiculous. i arrived at the hotel around 1pm for check in and could not take the shuttle anywhere because it wasnt running.The tiki bar outside never opened when I was at the pool all day and there were plenty of people outside for it to open. This place is a joke. Do not stay here. And its over $50 taxi ride from the airport.

2 Thank Brandi1515
Dear Brandi1515:

We are very sorry to hear that you did not find the scheduled shuttle service to fit your needs during your stay. We have set up the shuttle to have 6 morning departures to the Disney parks and one each to the other major theme parks and a like number of returns from Disney in the evening. The morning shuttles start with the first departure at 8AM and leave every hour on the hour until 1PM. Unfortunately we know that a scheduled shuttle will never meet everyone's individual schedules but have tried to cover as much time as we can. The schedule is available for viewing on our website so you can plan before you arrive.
If I can be of any further assistance regarding your recent stay please feel free to contact me at kdinatale@hiresortlbv.com.