Resort fee? How can you put an Apple Bee's and a dysfunctional wet playground to your hotel and be called a resort. Yes, there was an arcade but half the game was old and from my parent's generation. How can you put a 46in TV in a dark room and call that a movie theater? At least have the movie play in HD quality (ever heard of a HDMI cable). Though the bell boy, the front desk and the waiters inside Applebees were nice and helpful, everyone else seem to be pricks. The location happens to be on a busy street with Interstate 4 off in the distance. The rooms were spacious, that I liked. The cleaning staff was superb.
The pool was to decent. Beside the fake advertising of the hotel (movie theater, a functioning water playground, arcade), my stay there was adequate. Grade: C-
BTW, If you're renting a car inside the Holiday Inn, avoid Dollar at any cost. During my check-in, I happen to notice the fat guy (supposedly the manager only because he kept telling that to the customer) yelling at his employee to not answer the customer's questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at the Holiday Inn Resort(R) Lake Buena Vista, you are so close to the entrance to Walt Disney World(R) Resort, you can almost feel the Magic! This official Disney Good Neighbor hotel is fresh from a multi-million dollar makeover, making it perfect for your visit to the Walt Disney World(R) area. Take advantage of scheduled shuttles to the Disney parks, Sea World(R), Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Orlando Premium Outlets shopping and the Orange County Convention Center! After a busy day, come back to spacious, generously-appointed accommodations. Choose King or Queen-size bedding with 37" HDTV televisions, high-speed Internet, refrigerator, microwave, granite top vanities and upgraded bath amenities. Families love our KidSuites, a room-within-a-room that lets kids enjoy their own space within their parents room. Relax at the expansive, tropically-landscaped outdoor sundeck with plenty of lounge chairs, oversize heated pool, Splash Pad and two whirlpool spas! There is plenty to do onsite including outdoor pool tables, giant checkers and chess, ping pong, fitness center and an arcade/game room. PLUS - a Daily Scheduled Activities and Movies program for kids and adults! Enjoy great dining at Applebees(R) located onsite, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pinkys Market Place and Gift Shop is in the hotel lobby. Free high speed internet access helps you stay connected, and on-site meeting rooms are available for special events. Explore the Lake Buena Vista and Downtown Disney area's plentiful dining, shopping, nightly entertainment and picturesque setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn