The Holiday Inn Buena Vista in Orlando is an immaculately clean hotel with a friendly, helpful staff. The rooms are a good size and the bathrooms are spotless.
There is free shuttle service to all of the Disney parks. The only downside is if you are not renting a car, there is no shuttle service to or from the airport. There is a reasonable independent shuttle service (Mears Transportation) that you can use for $15 per person each way.
There is a large kidney shaped pool with a Tiki Bar at poolside. Also, there is an Appleby's on site. However, if you wish to eat elsewhere, there is a Lonestar and a Landry's Seafood restaurant next door. Directly across the street are a couple fast food places.
One downside was an on site ticket sales booth for local attractions. I just went to ask a couple of questions and the sales person seemed to be trying to get me to spend $75 to visit some sort of timeshare place for a deal. Not sure what that is about!
Aside from that booth, this hotel is worth considering if you are coming to Disney World and want a reasonable place outside of the parks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at the Holiday Inn Resort(R) Lake Buena Vista, you are so close to the entrance to Walt Disney World(R) Resort, you can almost feel the Magic! This official Disney Good Neighbor hotel is fresh from a multi-million dollar makeover, making it perfect for your visit to the Walt Disney World(R) area. Take advantage of scheduled shuttles to the Disney parks, Sea World(R), Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Orlando Premium Outlets shopping and the Orange County Convention Center! After a busy day, come back to spacious, generously-appointed accommodations. Choose King or Queen-size bedding with 37" HDTV televisions, high-speed Internet, refrigerator, microwave, granite top vanities and upgraded bath amenities. Families love our KidSuites, a room-within-a-room that lets kids enjoy their own space within their parents room. Relax at the expansive, tropically-landscaped outdoor sundeck with plenty of lounge chairs, oversize heated pool, Splash Pad and two whirlpool spas! There is plenty to do onsite including outdoor pool tables, giant checkers and chess, ping pong, fitness center and an arcade/game room. PLUS - a Daily Scheduled Activities and Movies program for kids and adults! Enjoy great dining at Applebees(R) located onsite, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pinkys Market Place and Gift Shop is in the hotel lobby. Free high speed internet access helps you stay connected, and on-site meeting rooms are available for special events. Explore the Lake Buena Vista and Downtown Disney area's plentiful dining, shopping, nightly entertainment and picturesque setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, IHG, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn