After reading horrible reviews, we stayed at this Holiday Inn for 3 days during a Disney and Universal Studios trip.
Room wasn't ready for us but they did allow us to pre-register.
The A/C in the room didn't work and had to call maintenance twice and the problem still wasn't solved. (Fortunately it was cool for Florida which made the room bearable.
No breakfast or coffee bar (continental) which I found unusual for Holiday Inn or any hotel in our extensive travels.
The staff was incredibly nice!
We were allowed to use the shuttle even though we hadn't checked in yet. (The shuttle experience was bad though) We ended up driving and paying to park instead of standing on a bus going 80 mph on a busy I-4.
The rooms were clean and comfortable.
The service was great.
Overall: I would definitely recommend this hotel. It is located within walking distance of stores and restaurants. If you value your safety and your life, drive yourself to the parks and pay for the parking though. A bus operating at 3 times capacity above the speed limit on a busy highway was not worth saving 20 or 30 bucks.
Living in Florida and having annual passes to parks make it easy to take weekends or a couples of days off and hit the parks. We will use this hotel again for sure! The service, staff and cleanliness makes up for any obstacles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at the Holiday Inn Resort(R) Lake Buena Vista, you are so close to the entrance to Walt Disney World(R) Resort, you can almost feel the Magic! This official Disney Good Neighbor hotel is fresh from a multi-million dollar makeover, making it perfect for your visit to the Walt Disney World(R) area. Take advantage of scheduled shuttles to the Disney parks, Sea World(R), Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Orlando Premium Outlets shopping and the Orange County Convention Center! After a busy day, come back to spacious, generously-appointed accommodations. Choose King or Queen-size bedding with 37" HDTV televisions, high-speed Internet, refrigerator, microwave, granite top vanities and upgraded bath amenities. Families love our KidSuites, a room-within-a-room that lets kids enjoy their own space within their parents room. Relax at the expansive, tropically-landscaped outdoor sundeck with plenty of lounge chairs, oversize heated pool, Splash Pad and two whirlpool spas! There is plenty to do onsite including outdoor pool tables, giant checkers and chess, ping pong, fitness center and an arcade/game room. PLUS - a Daily Scheduled Activities and Movies program for kids and adults! Enjoy great dining at Applebees(R) located onsite, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pinkys Market Place and Gift Shop is in the hotel lobby. Free high speed internet access helps you stay connected, and on-site meeting rooms are available for special events. Explore the Lake Buena Vista and Downtown Disney area's plentiful dining, shopping, nightly entertainment and picturesque setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, IHG, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn