This was a 4-day/3-night Disney trip for my birthday. Picked this property because it was nice enough and close enough for a nice Disney vacation with my girlfriend without having to pay the crazy Disney property prices. As far as the property itself, for what I paid I would give a rating of a 5/5 because it was clean, had a nice pool/jacuzzi, arcade, gift shop, fitness center, Applebees in the lobby open late with GREAT prices for what you'll usually find for a hotel, and it was within walking distance to 7 Eleven and Walgreens. 3 complaints: the shuttle service to Disney was worthless. It barely runs and when it does it leaves early or late and is very slow including several other stops. The first day it was very late picking up and returning home it left early and we missed it. We gave up on that - just take a taxi or pay the $14 (all parks included) per day parking. The wireless internet actually worked, except it was extremely slow. Finally, the main reason I didn't give a higher rating is the same as most negative responses - THE RESORT FEE. I know it can be common, especially near Disney, and I knew about it before booking. However, I will never give a 5/5 rating to any hotel that implements this bait-and-switch scam. If the $12.95+tax fee was for optional services then fine, but if it is mandatory it should be included in the price of the stay. With all of that being said, I would still consider this property for the value and distance to Disney. TIP: If you want to splurge for a full-blown "magical" Disney experience - go for a Disney resort. You feel like you're at Disney even before and after the parks, and they have constant free shuttles to all parks and Downtown Disney plus "extra magic hours" let's you in an hour early to 1 park each day. If you want something nice for a value but don't mind a bit of distance, South I-Drive (near SeaWorld) has the best prices for all of Orlando. I've payed under $100 for 4* hotels in that area at times. A little far for Disney but good for Universal and perfect for SeaWorld.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at the Holiday Inn Resort(R) Lake Buena Vista, you are so close to the entrance to Walt Disney World(R) Resort, you can almost feel the Magic! This official Disney Good Neighbor hotel is fresh from a multi-million dollar makeover, making it perfect for your visit to the Walt Disney World(R) area. Take advantage of scheduled shuttles to the Disney parks, Sea World(R), Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Orlando Premium Outlets shopping and the Orange County Convention Center! After a busy day, come back to spacious, generously-appointed accommodations. Choose King or Queen-size bedding with 37" HDTV televisions, high-speed Internet, refrigerator, microwave, granite top vanities and upgraded bath amenities. Families love our KidSuites, a room-within-a-room that lets kids enjoy their own space within their parents room. Relax at the expansive, tropically-landscaped outdoor sundeck with plenty of lounge chairs, oversize heated pool, Splash Pad and two whirlpool spas! There is plenty to do onsite including outdoor pool tables, giant checkers and chess, ping pong, fitness center and an arcade/game room. PLUS - a Daily Scheduled Activities and Movies program for kids and adults! Enjoy great dining at Applebees(R) located onsite, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pinkys Market Place and Gift Shop is in the hotel lobby. Free high speed internet access helps you stay connected, and on-site meeting rooms are available for special events. Explore the Lake Buena Vista and Downtown Disney area's plentiful dining, shopping, nightly entertainment and picturesque setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn