We went to the Orlando to help our daughter settle in as a Vacation Planner intern at Disney World. It was the hotel recommended by Disney for this occasion. We were very impressed with the hotel, the employees, service, and cleanliness. Employees were very helpful.
Unfortunately the Applebees attached to the hotel left quite a bit to be desired. Service was INCREDIBLY SLOW. It took over 20 minutes for the server just to bring us our drinks (water and soft drinks) after we ordered them. Then another 15 minutes to take our orders. Then another 35 minutes to bring out our food!!! If we hadn't been there with other families, we would have gone to McDonalds. Now, I realize the restaurant is not affiliated with Holiday Inn, but I thought it only fair to let you know our experience.
I wish Holiday Inn would get with the program like other chains and offer at least a continental breakfast. We went out every morning (no way we were going to that Applebees again!.
Other than that, everything was excellent, and I would still recommend this Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at the Holiday Inn Resort(R) Lake Buena Vista, you are so close to the entrance to Walt Disney World(R) Resort, you can almost feel the Magic! This official Disney Good Neighbor hotel is fresh from a multi-million dollar makeover, making it perfect for your visit to the Walt Disney World(R) area. Take advantage of scheduled shuttles to the Disney parks, Sea World(R), Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Orlando Premium Outlets shopping and the Orange County Convention Center! After a busy day, come back to spacious, generously-appointed accommodations. Choose King or Queen-size bedding with 37" HDTV televisions, high-speed Internet, refrigerator, microwave, granite top vanities and upgraded bath amenities. Families love our KidSuites, a room-within-a-room that lets kids enjoy their own space within their parents room. Relax at the expansive, tropically-landscaped outdoor sundeck with plenty of lounge chairs, oversize heated pool, Splash Pad and two whirlpool spas! There is plenty to do onsite including outdoor pool tables, giant checkers and chess, ping pong, fitness center and an arcade/game room. PLUS - a Daily Scheduled Activities and Movies program for kids and adults! Enjoy great dining at Applebees(R) located onsite, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pinkys Market Place and Gift Shop is in the hotel lobby. Free high speed internet access helps you stay connected, and on-site meeting rooms are available for special events. Explore the Lake Buena Vista and Downtown Disney area's plentiful dining, shopping, nightly entertainment and picturesque setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn