We got a GREAT deal on this hotel on Priceline (name your own price) for our recent Disney trip. The location is great - right off of I4 and 535 but it can take a few minutes to get in/out of the hotel parking lot due to 535 traffic. The hotel has been completely rennovated, the rooms were sparkling clean. We upgraded to a kids suite for an extra $20 a night and it was well worth it. Our kids loved having their own bunk beds and TV. I understand they also have rooms with 4 bunks. Our bed, unfortunately, had a HUGE hump that went right through your back when you laid on it. We slept HORRIBLE the entire stay. The front desk made an attempt to fix it for us. They brought a new mattress from another room and put an additional mattress pad on the bed. But it didn't help - the hump came from the box spring, which felt like it was reinforced with rebar. Other people in our party didn't have the same problem in their rooms. Outside of that, the room was fantastic. The hotel has a movie theater, an arcade, on-site self service laundry, a convenience store, a nice pool area with hot tubs, a playground and so on. A resort fee of about $13 is charged daily. The Applebees that's attached is not operated by the hotel. Though convenient, the arrangement definitely needs attention. Kids eat free at the Applebees for Breakfast and dinner (you have to get a coupon from the front desk). Dinner is well worth it, but the breakfast is a joke. They only do the 'buffet' they advertise on the weekends, which means a crappy 5 option breakfast menu - it's the same as the room service breakfast menu for the hotel. The one day they did have the buffet while we were there, everything tasted like low quality frozen food that had been re-heated from the day before. It was gross. Applebees also runs a Tiki Bar by the hotel's pool. Unfortunately, during our week's stay in November, it wasn't open at all. Their excuse was that it's 'based on occupancy'. It was Thanksgiving week...the hotel was pretty full. There is a pool table and ping pong out by the pool though, which was cool. They discourage you taking bath towels down to the pool from your room, but I wouldn't listen to them. The towels they offer down by the pool are just bigger than a hand towel. The shuttle service they advertise is not comprehensive. To Disney parks, there is only a 7:30 shuttle or a 10:30 shuttle. The return trip schedule is just as sparse, so check it before you plan to use it! The hotel is just a 5 minute drive to Downtown Disney, though, which offers free parking and shuttles all day long to all the parks. Thanksgiving day, I guess they had a sheet shortage. Our housekeeper tore the linens off of all of our beds around 11am and left it that way until after 2pm because she didn't have any sheets. My three year old never got a nap that day, which made Thanksgiving dinner just SPLENDID let me tell you. All in all, I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a budget friendly, Disney convenient hotel with lots of ammenities. We would definitely give it another chance, despite Applebees poor service arrangements, the bed issues and the housekeeping snafu! It was super clean and the staff were very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at the Holiday Inn Resort(R) Lake Buena Vista, you are so close to the entrance to Walt Disney World(R) Resort, you can almost feel the Magic! This official Disney Good Neighbor hotel is fresh from a multi-million dollar makeover, making it perfect for your visit to the Walt Disney World(R) area. Take advantage of scheduled shuttles to the Disney parks, Sea World(R), Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Orlando Premium Outlets shopping and the Orange County Convention Center! After a busy day, come back to spacious, generously-appointed accommodations. Choose King or Queen-size bedding with 37" HDTV televisions, high-speed Internet, refrigerator, microwave, granite top vanities and upgraded bath amenities. Families love our KidSuites, a room-within-a-room that lets kids enjoy their own space within their parents room. Relax at the expansive, tropically-landscaped outdoor sundeck with plenty of lounge chairs, oversize heated pool, Splash Pad and two whirlpool spas! There is plenty to do onsite including outdoor pool tables, giant checkers and chess, ping pong, fitness center and an arcade/game room. PLUS - a Daily Scheduled Activities and Movies program for kids and adults! Enjoy great dining at Applebees(R) located onsite, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pinkys Market Place and Gift Shop is in the hotel lobby. Free high speed internet access helps you stay connected, and on-site meeting rooms are available for special events. Explore the Lake Buena Vista and Downtown Disney area's plentiful dining, shopping, nightly entertainment and picturesque setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn