“Rooms are in very good condition; if you want more, go elsewhere.”

Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #87 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I booked the room online on the corporate website. I noticed a 'low rate guarantee'. I checked rates on the corporate website later - the identical posted rate had actually gone lower, but all employees I contacted refused to honor the guarantee, and not even the lower price, as the lower price was not located on a competitor website.

We arrived at the hotel late. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful with directions to our room.

Room was in very good condition.

Swimming pool: I was assured the swimming pool at this hotel is heated - NOT heated!!! I notified front desk staff about this, but never heard back from them. The heated pool was a main, contributing reason I chose this hotel over the hundreds of other hotels in the area; needless to say, being lied to is now a contributing factor as to why I will NOT stay at this hotel again.

I participated in the Stay 2 Get $50 promotion via the website. Front desk staff NEVER made mention of it, even upon check out. I had to mention it to the front desk staff, and then I had to wait at least another 10 minutes for the front desk staff to finally return to me with the promotional $50 gift card.

Beware asking for assistance from what appears to be concierge services. The adjoining Applebee's restaurant's breakfast buffet looked like a forgotten memory littered with a few leftover remnants of aged breakfast food, so I inquired about other dining options in the area, only to be high-pressured with an attempt to get me to sign up for a timeshare presentation. The woman never did provide me with any alternate suggestions - useless!

Room Tip: For a very good breakfast buffet, drive South on I-4 to Hwy 192 East ... about 1 mile on the left (N...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AndrewJ5267
Write a ReviewReviews (1,883)

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We booked this hotel, believing it to be the Holiday Inn on Hotel Boulevard. We were pleasantly surprised at how accessible it was to everything we wanted to do! We loved being able to walk to tPanera, Carrabas, and the large outlet mall. The rooms were quiet, clean and very nice, and the pool was outstanding. It was a fast and easy drive to the Crossroads shopping area and Downtown Disney.

Room Tip: The pool view rooms were very nice!
1  Thank Denette B
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We booked this thru Priceline .Once the name came thru I checked the reviews and became concern but that is the chance you take when you use Priceline. Check in was quick and painless except for being informed about the infamous resort fee. They gave us a room on the back side of the hotel in what looked like the older part of the hotel with the outside access that was a hike away from everything (laundry room, front desk,restaurant,etc). The room was typical Holiday Inn- nice sized comfortable room with comfortable beds. Out of two hot tubs-one hot tub was completely down ( with leaves in it) and the other was barely warm and only two jets were working. People that were in the hot tub said this was an ongoing problem during their stay. I informed the front desk that both hot tubs needed attention and the desk clerk said she would get someone out there. We went out to dinner, came back and checked with the front desk who said the hot tubs were working. I went out again and the jets were working but the temp was even cooler than before and I almost froze going back to the room. I called the desk when I got back and she said this was the first she had heard of it. The next morning a fire alarm went off and we started out of the room but a staff member in the hallway with a leaf blower told us it was nothing. A few minutes later ( with the alarms still blaring) another staff member came by and said we needed to leave the room which was okay because we were out in the hallway anyway. The fire dept showed up after about fifteen minutes of the staff walking around scratching their heads and trying to find a way to turn off the alarm. Turns out the staff member with the leaf blower triggered the alarm with his gas blower when the fumes got sucked back into the air system. Thankfully we were only here two nights and the front desk did remove the resort fee because of all the problems but I still would not stay here again if I had the choice. This is now 0 for two for my recent Holiday Inn stays and I have always liked Holiday Inn properties.

Room Tip: ask for an indoor room they are in the newer part.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank zwa7907
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Unfortunately we found this hotel sub-standard and checked out about 15 minutes after checking in. The connecting buildings felt oppressive & dark as did the decor in the lobby area. The king room assigned was tight for space, had an enormous in-room air conditioner and harsh yellow stucco walls. We mistakenly thought this hotel was in the Downtown Disney area on Lake Buena Vista but it's on a major road that never gets quiet. Not long after reaching our room we thought we'd have a better look around to assuage our doubts but in the corridor outside the room we encountered a staff member taking a nap on the floor against a wall. That was the decision-maker and we left for another hotel within minutes.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ohjustpeachy
Reviewed November 12, 2012

They say this is a Holiday Inn Resort, but it is just a large Holiday Inn with a pool in the middle. They charge you a resort fee of $11.95 per day which I felt was not needed for this hotel. I have been to hotel resorts that charged a fee and this hotel was a far cry from those "resorts". Pay for parking?-shame on them! There was nothing special about this lot and it is not in the middle of a city.
Now for the good. We were greeted as Priority members and when the room was not exactly what we reserved the women who check me in happily changed it. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. It had a frig and a microwave. Lots of fluffy towels. The room did not get remade until the late afternoon but there were plenty of towels in the room to allow us to freshen up before going out again. There was a Applebees attached to the hotel that you could go to for breakfast. It was so,so.

1  Thank acaida
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We left the Hotel! What a low rent environment. The front desk clerk Ivan had the biggest chip on his shoulders. He didn't greet me, just took my reservation paperwork and took his time checking us in. He never made eye contact. He is NOT an asset to this business. The only time he looked at me was to tell me I would have to pay an additional fee. I booked my room thru AAA and refused to pay any additional fees. The Hotel actually charges you $12.00 to park and how they get you is with this $11.95 additional fee. Ivan also put us in a handicap room which we didn't request or need. When we went back to complain to the mgr Heather she was useless! Absolutely useless! They didn't present themselves in a professional manner nor did they dress professionally. We cancelled our reservation and left! The parking lot is dark and unsafe.
As a native Floridian my recommendation is stay in Lake Buena Vista. Unfortunately, we clicked on the wrong address and that's how we ended up at this slum location. We thought we were at Holiday Inn on Lake Buena Vista Boulevard.

5  Thank travelers2316
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I booked a room for my family of five at the very last minute through Priceline. I am not sure if I actually got a good deal from Priceline - the room cost $80.00 per night- as opposed to a reservation directly through the hotel. Upon receiving the hotel information from Priceline I immediately researched the hotel and began to get worried. The first thing to stand out was other reviews saying they stayed at the same hotel via Priceline for $45.00 per night. That ominous feeling of being taken was building up. Then I read that the hotel was noisy, not clean, unfriendly and so on. So I was very pleased to pull up to the hotel to be greated by Danny, the Baggage Porter who welcomed us with a big smile as he unloaded our enormous luggage collection and chatted with my family.

I checked in with Ivan and again was very happy with his pleasant disposition and kindness. He made us feel at home straight away. Ivan informed me of the $12.00 Fee and as I had read through other reviews I know it was non-negotiable, so I didn't try. I must say this charge stings and sours the experience. As I stood at the front desk on several occasions I heard other customers at check-in complaining of the Fee. The front desk staff seemed to have different reasons for the Fee, which made it feel as though the hotel considered it was a "just because we can" Fee. A few reasons were; it pays for parking, the wi-fi, the shuttle bus, the disney affiliation and so on. I personally think parking should be included in the price, if you don't use the shuttle why should you pay for it?, wi-fi is standard across the board and charging for it seems cheap and regarding any Disney affiliation, surely that could be included in the rate.

Danny took us to our room and it was immaculate. I liked how the hotel divided the large room by building a partition for the kids room which had bunk beds and a desk with a tv - close enough to have our young children with us, but private enough to have a little space when they went to bed and we stayed up. The features were well chosen for the hotel, the bathroom was very nice, the bed was very firm (great for me, but not for my wife), the little coffee station was basic but the coffee pot worked well for each small cup. The downside to the coffee station was learning that the hotel only allowed two coffee packets (two very small cups) per day and if we wanted more, a charge of $1.00 each would apply. Again, this cheapened the overall experience.

The pool was nice for the kids, but the water was very cold. The hotel is constructing a kids play area in the pool enclosure, but that didn't interfere with our stay. The gym is small and had a couple of machines that didn't work. We didn't use the kids movie theatre or the arcade room. The hotel shop was rather expensive with a small bottle of milk costing $4.00.

So in summary, every member of staff we met were wonderful and made every effort they could to make your stay a pleasant one. The Maintenance Tech's were very friendly and I would chat with them as I crossed paths. We all love Danny and would make an effort to see him when we got back to the hotel late at night. My youngest called the hotel "Danny's house". That's how we'll remember our stay at the Holiday Inn Resort, Lake Buena Vista.

Room Tip: If you arrive at the hotel between the hours of 3pm to midnight, say "Hi" to Danny and tip...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family