I booked the room online on the corporate website. I noticed a 'low rate guarantee'. I checked rates on the corporate website later - the identical posted rate had actually gone lower, but all employees I contacted refused to honor the guarantee, and not even the lower price, as the lower price was not located on a competitor website.
We arrived at the hotel late. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful with directions to our room.
Room was in very good condition.
Swimming pool: I was assured the swimming pool at this hotel is heated - NOT heated!!! I notified front desk staff about this, but never heard back from them. The heated pool was a main, contributing reason I chose this hotel over the hundreds of other hotels in the area; needless to say, being lied to is now a contributing factor as to why I will NOT stay at this hotel again.
I participated in the Stay 2 Get $50 promotion via the website. Front desk staff NEVER made mention of it, even upon check out. I had to mention it to the front desk staff, and then I had to wait at least another 10 minutes for the front desk staff to finally return to me with the promotional $50 gift card.
Beware asking for assistance from what appears to be concierge services. The adjoining Applebee's restaurant's breakfast buffet looked like a forgotten memory littered with a few leftover remnants of aged breakfast food, so I inquired about other dining options in the area, only to be high-pressured with an attempt to get me to sign up for a timeshare presentation. The woman never did provide me with any alternate suggestions - useless!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at the Holiday Inn Resort(R) Lake Buena Vista, you are so close to the entrance to Walt Disney World(R) Resort, you can almost feel the Magic! This official Disney Good Neighbor hotel is fresh from a multi-million dollar makeover, making it perfect for your visit to the Walt Disney World(R) area. Take advantage of scheduled shuttles to the Disney parks, Sea World(R), Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Orlando Premium Outlets shopping and the Orange County Convention Center! After a busy day, come back to spacious, generously-appointed accommodations. Choose King or Queen-size bedding with 37" HDTV televisions, high-speed Internet, refrigerator, microwave, granite top vanities and upgraded bath amenities. Families love our KidSuites, a room-within-a-room that lets kids enjoy their own space within their parents room. Relax at the expansive, tropically-landscaped outdoor sundeck with plenty of lounge chairs, oversize heated pool, Splash Pad and two whirlpool spas! There is plenty to do onsite including outdoor pool tables, giant checkers and chess, ping pong, fitness center and an arcade/game room. PLUS - a Daily Scheduled Activities and Movies program for kids and adults! Enjoy great dining at Applebees(R) located onsite, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pinkys Market Place and Gift Shop is in the hotel lobby. Free high speed internet access helps you stay connected, and on-site meeting rooms are available for special events. Explore the Lake Buena Vista and Downtown Disney area's plentiful dining, shopping, nightly entertainment and picturesque setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn