“Clean but loud room”

Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #87 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed one night here. The room was clean but extremely loud due to the room location right next to the outdoor air conditioning unit. Got a great rate through priceline, but they put priceline customers in a different section of the hotel, which is more like a motel. I would not stay there again due to the way they treat certain customers.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear trevor6964,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I apologize for the loud noise caused by our air conditioning unit. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Write a ReviewReviews (1,885)

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed here for only one night but I have to say, the beds were so comfortable, I wished I was there for a few more nights - slept like a baby. The hotel itself has a lot of really nice amenities which we did not get a chance to take advantage of but it looked like a good place to stay for an extended Orlando stay. The place was clean & well-kept and the staff was very friendly. Would definitely book here again.

Room Tip: Breakfast was not included but they have an Applebee's that is right in the hotel that serves a...
1  Thank Zalarians
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here for a Disney trip. There have been several issues...
1. Yes, they have a shuttle to the parks. However, the shuttles travel VERY infrequently. For example. If you go to Universal, you must leave at 8:55 and return at 7:30. If you want to leave early, it is on your dime. Most hotels in the areas have shuttles that travel regularly to the parks so if you want to leave early, you don't have to pay $25 for a taxi.

2. They are doing work on the Hot Tubs, so they are unavailable

3. They charge a 11.95 "Resort Fee: in which you get NOTHING... You can park your car (which we don't have) or use their Hot Tub (Which are out of service. It is just another simple fee.

Had they spent the time to do it right, they could have spent just a little more money and made this a 4-5 star hotel. Instead, they decided to shortchange everyone on the shuttles (Something that there hotel guests really need and use) and make it a 2 star experience.

Recommendation, Stay somewhere else where for the same money, you can get a lot more.

Room Tip: Away from the pool
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Keith D, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dr. Houdini,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit. The hotel does apologize for the hot tubs being out of order during your visit. The pool deck is currently being upgraded with all new pavers and a wonderfully wet Splash pad for all of our younger guests. The hot tubs were not expected to be impacted by this and we do apologize for their being out of service during your stay. The shuttle system is a scheduled shuttle that does have several trips back and forth to the parks, The hotel will use your feedback and work with the shuttle company to see if there are better times that can be used to accommodate more guests.
The resort fee does include self parking, the safe in the room, the kids movie theatre, scheduled shuttles to the park, free local phone calls, the business center and free printing plus many other seasonal activities. If I can be more assistance please feel free to contact me at kdinatale@hiresortlbv.com.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed one night here in a standard room which overlooked the pool area. The common areas upon check in where very nice, and check in was smooth and relatively quick despite a long line. The room I was given was fantastic...easily the same size as my first apartment! It smelled brand new and very clean, and I didn't notice anything negative at all. The bathroom was large with tons of counter space. There was a little fridge/microwave area which was very nice, and the TV was new and very large. I had two soft queen beds with very comfy linens, as well as a table and chair dinette set.

I utilized the pool area at this hotel, and it was great! The hot tubs were large and held maybe 8 or 10 people. Some people complained that the other hot tub was not hot enough, but the one I was in was great. The main pool was very big and had some water fountain type things to play in. There was also a pool bar, though I did not order anything.

When I stayed, the hotel seemed to be very crowded, and filled with international teen tour groups and their numerous tour buses. But this did not affect my enjoyment of the hotel since noise was minimal and everyone was respectful. I would absolutely stay at this property again if the price was right.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is a nice, not so little Holiday Inn. I certainly wouldn't call it a resort, but alas another hotel with a resort fee (I booked on Priceline, otherwise I wouldn't have booked this hotel as I refuse to book a hotel directly that has a resort fee). The resort fee is $11.95 and gives you free wifi, other than that not sure what else it provides (parking is also free, unless you want to valet your car, but there is no need to do that) Check in was very quick and easy, the gentleman who checked us in was very pleasant and we decided to upgrade to the kids suite. This was I think a good choice, our daughter really enjoyed the bunk beds, and having her own TV was a bonus as well (we bid $45 on priceline and the upgrade was $30). The room overlooked the pool area, which was nice but there was really no activities going on that we saw anyway (I had read they have many activities there, but except for Saturday I didn't even see the Tiki Bar open, and there was no wait staff at all out there serving drinks (it was 90' out, but there was almost never anyone at the pool so I can see why they wouldn't have service there but it led to quite a boring atmosphere at the pool. Some of the rooms have balconies, ours did not, but that might have been nice. There is an attached Applebees restaurant, they will give you vouchers for the kids to eat free there when you check in. If you don't like Applebees don't sweat as there are a ton of restaurants nearby. You can easily walk to a Lonestar, Landrys, Golden Corral, and Bahama Breeze, or across a very busy street to Wendy's or Chick-Fil-a. Obviously having a car would be ideal, and this hotel is very well situated to access all of Orlando.

1  Thank cdinlondon
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed here from Sept 22 to Sept 30 and it was beautiful. The pool area was well maintained and the staff were very helpful. We booked through a third party and got a decent rate. When we arrived (myself, my husband, and my 5 year old son) we paid $11.95 resort fee per night which we expected and it was fine by us since we went to Disney, Universal, and Seaworld and paying $11.95 a day was much better than $50 for a cab round trip. Although I do agree it is not really a resort, the fees were understandable as it covered shuttle, internet, and other amenities which were useful.

My only complaint which has nothing to do with the hotel itself is that the shuttle company schedule had changed their pick up and drop off times while we were there which was a little annoying but again not the hotel's fault.

Food at Applebee's was the same you would expect at any Applebee's but slightly pricier which is understandable as it is a tourist location so they can get away with it. Service was good, food was good. No complaints.

The pool area is awesome since it is not located directly in front of a parking lot and is located in the middle of the hotel area away from traffic and any gas smells. They were doing some construction in the pool area (I am assuming they are adding a sprinkler area or kiddie pool) which is fine by me (the noise didn't bother us at all as we are understanding of it). Our room was located facing the pool area and it was generally quiet and not crowded.

I am definitely coming back to stay here, room service was great. Beds were done everyday, shampoos and bar soaps replaced daily, towels and linens were clean. Best of all the beds were very comfy and the pillows were the best!

Don't listen to all the bad reviews! This place is awesome! They also have a mini arcade, small shop which was stocked with all necessities, and a mini movie theater/ play area for the little ones. What more can you ask for?

On top of all, the location was fantastic! 15 min ride to universal, disney, and seaworld. Shuttle was mostly on time and the drivers were informative and nice.

Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank unknownusersn
Reviewed September 30, 2012

for the mony we paid we expected a better room, we were told that we have a newly renovated room, we highly disagree. check in was terrible, the restaurant (Applebees) had a bad odor, it was too strong we had to leave, get in our car and fined a place to eat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank joecel
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear joecel,

Thank you for staying with us. Your feedback is very important to us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. It is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with your room accommodations, check in process and restaurant services received during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable feedback as this our best resource of improving guest services.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon

Zelyn N