Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$129
$114
$163
$157
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$225
$202
Hilton.com
$89
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$177
$134
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Rosen Centre Hotel(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$309
$247
$269
$239
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$209
$164
Hotels.com
$614
$458
Travelocity
1,984 results
All reviewskids eat freeapplebee's restaurantmovie roomchick filbunk bedskids suitepool areadowntown disneylake buena vistadisney worldsplash padbooked this hotelfridge and microwaveshuttle serviceconvenience storenice poolbusiness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I got a great rate for this property on Priceline.com. We only stayed one night while waiting to check into our time share. I was pleased with the room. Clean and comfortable. The hotel had lots for my children to do. There is a small movie theater that is great for toddlers...movies shown every few hours. There is an arcarde too. The pool was nice and there is a small splash pool for the very little ones. I liked the 'kids eat free' option at Applebee's. Food and service was fine there.
Would stay here again.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We were in town for a weekend wedding, and the venue was next door. (Paradise Cove) The hotel (I have to agree with many others, hardly what I would consider a resort) is nice and clean, and offers a lot for people with young children. The pool had been shut down for days leading up to our visit, but was almost 100% operational by the weekend. Having an Applebee's there is a both a plus and a minus. The plus is that you have a restaurant that is kid-friendly right there, but the minus is a lack of full room service. I am used to having a bit more options, so we were pleased that a Landry's and Lone Star Steakhouse were right next door. I am not sure a full week there would be tolerable with such limited dining options nearby, so rent a car if you are there several days. It depends on what you are there for, as Disney devotees will eat at the park most of the trip. (We have done the Disney thing before, but stayed at a resort in the park.)

A few tips:

Beware of room descriptions on the web site. They are NOT all clear. We booked what we thought was the Presidential Suite, only to find out that it was the "Presidential Connecting" room. By the time we got there, one of the other wedding parties (there were three weddings this weekend) had already upgraded and taken that room. I was not happy about that, or how the description on the web site (direct booking) was written. My advice is to call them and make sure you get a confirmation on the type of room you wish to have. We ended up with standard connecting rooms, which was just fine for a short trip. We had balconies and overlooked the pool in building E, which is a good place to be. It wasn't that loud, but we were up on the 4th floor, which probably helped (see earlier reviews from people citing noise from pool area). So I would recommend that to anyone needing a quiet sleep.

There is a shuttle to the Disney parks right in front, but get a rental car if there more than a few days.

The Tiki Bar is only open in the evenings unless specifically requested (i.e. for weddings) during the day.

If you don't like tiny pool towels, bring your own. While the pool has ample towels available, they are really, really small. You will need a pile of them if you are an adult. :-)

During the day there is a lot going on at the pool for kids. If you just need a day away from the parks, there is plenty to do there and lots of games, activities, etc., on the weekends.

Overall a nice place, friendly staff and clean. It seems to be newly remodeled, so a bonus there as well. Great price for standard rooms that connect, good for families. The store in the lobby has the standard last-minute needs, and even sells wine! Everything around the pool closes at 11 PM, so you can get some sleep. They were vigilant about clearing people out which was nice for those of us who were exhausted at the end of the day!

Room Tip: Building E, floors 4,5, or 6 with balcony are nice.
1  Thank M3Mechanicsburg
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I know it's been said a million times in the previous reviews, and I agree. This is NOT a resort, it's a hotel.
The 'hotel' is very clean, and at a convenient location. Please note that we purchased this room from Priceline at such a cheap rate, I probably wasn't as hard as I might've been if I paid full value.
We paid $42/nt, plus taxes ... But did have to pay $11.95 + tx resort fees per night.
When I asked if being a Priority Club member would give us a discount on the resort fee, I was told no! <sigh>
I asked what my benefit of being a member holds for me, and was told only late check out (that's it, because I booked through a third party).
I asked what makes this hotel a resort. Front desk went on to say, they have a theatre (which was a room with tv's playing movies), an arcade, a restaurant onsite (Applebee's) and pools. She went on to say, that other hotels only offer a continental breakfast. So I asked if they offer a breakfast ...no. <sigh>
We went up to our room and to our surprise, all the furniture was ontop of the beds!!! just bizarre!
They moved us the the next room over.
The bed sheets look tired, but the rest of the room was in nice shape.
We used the shuttle service, and although it seems like the shuttle might only go to Epcot 2 times in the am and 2 times in the pm, my recommendation is to just take the internal Disney transportation to Magic Kingdom, where the shuttle stops more frequently.
Overall, the hotel is a great location - close to Disney, great outlet shopping, and places to eat. But I think charging $11.95/nt resort fee is crazy.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sn0wAngels
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel is either brand new or totally renovated. The rooms are large. The staff is very helpful. The rooms come with a brand new refrigerator and microwave. The only thing that was lacking was the service at the Applebee's connected to the restaurant.the hotel is less than 10 minutes to Disney.

1  Thank 5Aguirres
Reviewed September 3, 2012

By far the best Holiday Inn i have stayed at..I have spent 160 nights away in Holiday inns all around the world this year and this is the best. What makes this hotel is every thing for the kids, from the Entertainment around the pool organised by Dan to Applebees which is connected to the hotel.. Pool has a Tiki bar so you can have a drink most times of the day. Booked this as a base in the centre to all the attractions but really this is more than a base.. Strongly reccomend this place if you visit Orlando with the family and kids

Room Tip: Pool view rooms overlook all the pool so choose these
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family