We've stayed at this resort/hotel a couple of times before but the entire place has been recently renovated and it is very impressive.
The rooms are excellent for families as the kids have their own semi-divided area within the room with their own bunk beds and tv.
There is an Applebee's attached to the hotel in which kids under 12 eat free if you are staying at the hotel. You just need to go to the front desk and ask for a coupon for each kid dining. That made some meals as little as $21 for all 4 of us.
If you get tired of Applebee's, Cici's Pizza is just down the street (drive there - they do not deliver). They have great pizza at for very low prices....awesome service too.
Everything about this resort/hotel is great except a couple of things that could be easily fixed....
Some of the staff is excellent. We had an issue where a custodian had to come up and he was friendly and fast.
However, we also had an issue where our in-room safe wasn't working. It took 2 days, 3 calls and 2 times asking at the front desk to get someone to come up to fix it. When the guy finally came he was supernice, so I'm not sure who was responsible for the delay.
The pool is lovely but was freezing cold! It was almost as if they hadn't turned the heater on for the winter season yet.
All in all, this is a great resort/hotel for families. If they can get the service to be a bit better and heat the pool it will be excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at the Holiday Inn Resort(R) Lake Buena Vista, you are so close to the entrance to Walt Disney World(R) Resort, you can almost feel the Magic! This official Disney Good Neighbor hotel is fresh from a multi-million dollar makeover, making it perfect for your visit to the Walt Disney World(R) area. Take advantage of scheduled shuttles to the Disney parks, Sea World(R), Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Orlando Premium Outlets shopping and the Orange County Convention Center! After a busy day, come back to spacious, generously-appointed accommodations. Choose King or Queen-size bedding with 37" HDTV televisions, high-speed Internet, refrigerator, microwave, granite top vanities and upgraded bath amenities. Families love our KidSuites, a room-within-a-room that lets kids enjoy their own space within their parents room. Relax at the expansive, tropically-landscaped outdoor sundeck with plenty of lounge chairs, oversize heated pool, Splash Pad and two whirlpool spas! There is plenty to do onsite including outdoor pool tables, giant checkers and chess, ping pong, fitness center and an arcade/game room. PLUS - a Daily Scheduled Activities and Movies program for kids and adults! Enjoy great dining at Applebees(R) located onsite, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pinkys Market Place and Gift Shop is in the hotel lobby. Free high speed internet access helps you stay connected, and on-site meeting rooms are available for special events. Explore the Lake Buena Vista and Downtown Disney area's plentiful dining, shopping, nightly entertainment and picturesque setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, IHG, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn