We have stayed at this particular hotel for over a dozen years, first as a couple and recently with our Grandson. Except for the last two years, we had always loved this hotel and recommended it to many friends. However, after our experiences the last two years, we can no longer recommend it. The theme and core purpose has changed drastically recently. It is no longer a family and kid friendly place, but has morphed into a business center. We no longer feel safe or comfortable there. We have encountered poor service and many changes to the property recently, none for the better. The focus now seems to be on making money by leasing out segments of the property to private companies, rather than the comfort, safety and enjoyment of the guests. There are no longer guards checking cars entering the parking lot, no more kids’ check-in area, nor an on-site restaurant for breakfast – the space has been converted to meeting rooms. Also, an Appleby’s Restaurant has been added which brings people on the property who are not hotel guests, some of whom are intoxicated. On our most recent visit, it took an exorbitantly long time to check in as the one clerk on duty was having an extended conversation with another guest; we were sent to wrong entrance which did not have access to our room; and the elevator at that entrance was stuck on another floor and not working. We had to carry our luggage up five floors. One day when we arrived back at the hotel late in the eyeing, there was no place to park on the entire side of the building as the lot was filled by large commercial busses and a boat/trailer. When we complained to the manager on duty, he showed no concern or compassion, and could offer no assistance. The main reason for the lack of parking spaces was the hotel recently sold a significant portion of the lot to a private company for valet parking (which was sparsely used) and another portion to a private rental car company. To make it worse, they have added daily “service fees.” During our visit two years ago, the electricity off for an entire day and it was very noisy while they were renovating. They were also doing fire alarm testing. We were not warned of this ongoing construction when we made our reservation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at the Holiday Inn Resort(R) Lake Buena Vista, you are so close to the entrance to Walt Disney World(R) Resort, you can almost feel the Magic! This official Disney Good Neighbor hotel is fresh from a multi-million dollar makeover, making it perfect for your visit to the Walt Disney World(R) area. Take advantage of scheduled shuttles to the Disney parks, Sea World(R), Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Orlando Premium Outlets shopping and the Orange County Convention Center! After a busy day, come back to spacious, generously-appointed accommodations. Choose King or Queen-size bedding with 37" HDTV televisions, high-speed Internet, refrigerator, microwave, granite top vanities and upgraded bath amenities. Families love our KidSuites, a room-within-a-room that lets kids enjoy their own space within their parents room. Relax at the expansive, tropically-landscaped outdoor sundeck with plenty of lounge chairs, oversize heated pool, Splash Pad and two whirlpool spas! There is plenty to do onsite including outdoor pool tables, giant checkers and chess, ping pong, fitness center and an arcade/game room. PLUS - a Daily Scheduled Activities and Movies program for kids and adults! Enjoy great dining at Applebees(R) located onsite, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pinkys Market Place and Gift Shop is in the hotel lobby. Free high speed internet access helps you stay connected, and on-site meeting rooms are available for special events. Explore the Lake Buena Vista and Downtown Disney area's plentiful dining, shopping, nightly entertainment and picturesque setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn