“Hotel is so clean, I went to BBW just to buy the same scent in the rooms!”

Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #100 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Incredible hotel/resort. Within driving to Downtown Disney (ask for directions, it's a little tricky and traffic is hideous). Staff is incredible professional, rooms are like walking into a spa setting, and were lightly scented with Bath and Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena products - aaahhhhh. Firm and soft pillows are labeled. Coffee, microwave and fridge in the room, also. Movies are shown for the kids in the pool in the evening. And there is a tiki hut bar in the pool area! If kids had not been so interested in Downtown Disney, we would have just stayed at this property!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MichiganBean
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Reviewed April 6, 2011

We booked three rooms for us, our children, and our grandchildren. We found it online, the price was really low, and so we were not expecting very much, hopefully it would be clean and quiet. We arrive late after a day at Walt Disney World, and when we got to the rooms, we discovered that the huge air conditioning units were right outside our doors. The noise was so intrusive that we couldn't have a conversation outside. It didn't look good! However, when we went into the room and shut the door, the noise greatly abated. Turns out, the beds were extremely comfortable, the rooms were very quiet, and they were well appointed. Would we stay there again? Definitely!

Room Tip: It would appear any room is a good room here.
1  Thank YaleHJ
Reviewed April 3, 2011

We stayed at this hotel from Wednesday March 30- April 2, 2011- We booked this hotel from a 3rd party (Expedia) for a reasonable price.
We were put in the older part of the hotel building "C". The room was clean and ready for a early check in. It was a older room with 2 queen beds, mini fridge, coffee maker.
Well that night the TV channels in our room was going in and out. So I called the front desk and the gentlemen said some one would be right up to fix it and they did come right up. He changed out the TV and it still did it, he said our whole building was doing that and he said he would tell his boss and left the room.
Well I went down to the front desk and talked to Anthony about the situation. He was the front desk clerk and very nice and polite. He immediately offered to move us to another room in a different building. So we moved . What a difference. The new room was in the newer section of the hotel and it was way nicer - much safer feeling - closed in hallways - key entry to the building- the room itself was bigger- the same 2 queen beds- but it came with a desk and a 2 chair table - tile entry way- mini fridge- coffee maker- etc-
It seemed like a different hotel-
Our stay there was very enjoyable- we had to stay in on our second day there due to the weather- was very happy with the slightly bigger room
The Applebee's in the lobby was great- we didn't have to leave the hotel in the bad weather to eat. Kids eat free- so that was a nice. I have eaten at other Applebee's and this one was a little better than the norm. Our service was good . We ate there several times during our stay. Decent food for the money.

There was a kids arcade in the lobby - also a little movie room(in the lobby) that played kid's movies all day long.

In the lobby was a mini store -decent selection -if you are in need of something- or you could walk next door to 7-11.

We would stay at this hotel again - if we could book the newer part- very enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2011

Had a fantastic stay.. The Pool movies were fantastic. The pool was a little cold but that didn't stop us. The first room we got was dirty so they gave us a pool view w a balcony, fantastic. The Applebees in the hotel was def a plus. The shuttle we didn't use because with two small kids don't know when we will be coming and going from the parks. The hotel was very very nice. Cleanliness and looks for the price was great =) My family and I enjoyed this Holiday Inn very much. Thank you.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the pool..
1  Thank Karlacam2010
Reviewed March 31, 2011

I booked through Priceline (name your own price) so for what I paid, I was happy. I'd never pay rack rate for this place though. Housekeeping was questionable at best. I always wear socks in hotel rooms and they'd be really dirty after just an hour or so. The beds were clean enough but I did find hairs (not ours) when we checked in. And the cap to my hair product fell under the sink and I forgot to pick it up. That was thrown away but the used plastic cups on the sink were left. Not sure how they decide what's trash and what isn't. The drawers on the dresser didn't close all the way nor did they pull out easily. I would have thrown it out if it were in my house but I guess for what I paid...

Other reviews said that the walls were paper thin. I could hear my neighbors *uhem* adult activities into the night. Luckily my son was able to sleep through it. I don't know if it were the thin walls so much as the door between the rooms that allowed us the intimate knowledge of their private life. And thank goodness we weren't near the pool. It was loud just walking by (we had to talk louder just to hear each other).

I'm also not exactly sure that I'd classify this as a resort. They do have a movie theater set up but it's all open and next to check in so it must get pretty loud. They do have an arcade with a couple of decent games. They also have a restaurant, an Applebee's but it was the worst service I've ever had at the chain which I normally like. We tried dining in. That was a disaster. We tried to get the 2/$20 deal but they were out of like 3 of the options. I tried ordering the sampler appetizer. They were out of 2 of the 3 things I wanted. They waited prob 15 min to come back to the table to tell us that one of the entrees ordered wasn't in stock (the riblets of all things!). They then brought out the 2 entrees that were ready and his about 5 min later. When we told the manager, she said it wasn't her store and she was just helping out. Wow. Way to reassure us.
We tried takign an order to go. Now I know that orders to go won't be the same but it was a disaster. Everything was cold and stale.

The front desk people were a bit of a challenge as well. When I booked, I only booked for 3 nights. I then extended (through Priceline) for another 3 nights. When I checked in, I double checked that I was good for the whole 6 nights. I was assured it was in the system and I was fine. Due to past experience, on the 4th day, I ran by the front desk to double check. Of course, they had us checking out that day. They then had to reissue new keys (even though our old keys still worked the entirety of our stay). Had I not checked, by the time we returned, our belongings might possibly have been left outside for us. Lovely.

And the 'business center' didn't have a functioning printer. While it did spit out paper with something resembling what you printed, the 2" black lines of ink on both sides of the sheet at both edges. I finally had to go to the front desk to get it printed. The guy was nice but didn't seem like he cared that the other printer was a p.o.s.

Overall it wasn't a disastrous time but I know it could have been worse. I wouldn't voluntarily book here again, but I do use Priceline a good bit so I might get stuck here. Won't be the end of the world but won't be a great day either.

Room Tip: Not by the pool!
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Do not stay here if you want a good night sleep! Our kids (2 and 5) could not sleep and this ruined our Disney outing. Front desk refused to give us a quieter room. Many guests at the pool told similar story. We could hear the TV from the room next door until 11 pm and were forced to sleep with the very noisy A/C on to drown out other noise. They claim (on sign left on bathroom counter) that they will do whatever they can to make your stay satisfactory, or refund that portion of your trip - they did neither. Rude at the front desk. The room had a "motel" feel.
Heard people say that if you book through 3rd party (expedia, etc) they give you a room like we ended up with. If thats true, shame on them. I'll never stay there again.
If you have small kids, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
3  Thank CanadaGoose181724
HILBV, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2011

Dear CanadaGoose181724

We are very concerned about the perception of service you experienced at our property during your most recent stay. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. Please rest assured all team members have been trained in the art of guest service, and will always do what is in the best interest of our guest. It is unfortunate that you feel this was not the case. Please accept our sincere apology. We ask that you contact us at 407-387-4500 so that we can make this right for you.

The room in which you were assigned was based on the booking parameters of the website you booked on. We (Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista) much like a cruisline pick your room for you based on our availability. Unfortunately, your original request to move rooms was not able to be granted, because we were out of inventory. However, it is still our principal goal to satisfy every guest.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology,

Reviewed March 28, 2011

Pros: Very close to Disney, rooms were nice and large, felt very safe, pool rules are strictly enforced (pool closes at 11pm, thank God... there were huge groups of rowdy kids (mostly girls) staying at the hotel, possibly some convention going on), and we were given complimentary toiletry items such as tooth paste. Cons: Don't expect much sleep as the walls are paper thin, elevators are creepy (think Tower of Terror... feels like it's going to break down and free fall any minute), and there were a couple of ants on the bed as well as the bathroom floor. We would definitely stay here again, though.

PS: Don't plan on purchasing your Disney tickets from here unless you want to be asked about time shares, or pay extra convenience fees (I think they want something like 3 extra dollars per ticket because you aren't buying them on Disney property)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Tripadvisor user: TravelBear777

I'm concerned about the issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!