Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista
$141
$111
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$199
$212
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$394
$313
Orbitz.com
2,007 results
All reviewskids eat freeapplebee's restaurantmovie roomchick filbunk bedskids suitepool areadowntown disneylake buena vistadisney worldsplash padbooked this hotelfridge and microwaveshuttle serviceconvenience storenice poolbusiness center
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Pros: Very close to Disney, rooms were nice and large, felt very safe, pool rules are strictly enforced (pool closes at 11pm, thank God... there were huge groups of rowdy kids (mostly girls) staying at the hotel, possibly some convention going on), and we were given complimentary toiletry items such as tooth paste. Cons: Don't expect much sleep as the walls are paper thin, elevators are creepy (think Tower of Terror... feels like it's going to break down and free fall any minute), and there were a couple of ants on the bed as well as the bathroom floor. We would definitely stay here again, though.

PS: Don't plan on purchasing your Disney tickets from here unless you want to be asked about time shares, or pay extra convenience fees (I think they want something like 3 extra dollars per ticket because you aren't buying them on Disney property)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
HILBV, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2011

Dear Tripadvisor user: TravelBear777

I'm concerned about the issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're

Reviewed March 27, 2011

Don't let the negative reviews scare you away from this hotel. This hotel is a great value, at about half the price of the Disney Value Resorts.
The staff was very nice and helpful. They let us upgrade our room from the 1 bunk kidsuite to the 2 bunk kidsuite for no additional charge. The rooms were clean and housekeeping came everyday to change the linens on the beds and to bring us towels and clean the room. The room had a large dorm size fridge (bigger than I was expecting) a microwave, and a safe in the closet. We made a couple of trips to the Walmart located 2 miles up the road to buy food to fill up our fridge.
The hotel has a nice large pool area with palm trees and the Applebees Poolside Tiki Bar. I was disappointed that the pool wasn't heated. The kids used the pool a couple of times, but I never got in due to the cold water. The hotel also has 2 hot tubs, that we did use and were nice.
This hotel is located at a tricky intersection, especially on the weekends. It will take some time to get out of the hotel or back into it. Plus there is a concrete median in the middle of the road in front of the hotel, so no left turns. If you want to go left, you have to turn right and go down to the second stop light and make a U-turn. Where I come from U-turns are illegal, but I guess not in Florida.

Dear Tripadvisor user marywickwire

I'm concerned about the Housekeeping issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're

Reviewed March 25, 2011

We stayed one week in two very well furnished bedrooms, with a nice varanda and view over the pool area. The location is perfect, next to all atractions, close enough to malls and shopping facilities, plus next door to a gas station plus a seven eleven and Walgreens and also a nice restaurant Applebees.
So we were hosted at a walking distance from all sort of facilities. Regarding the hotel I only have compliments. The cleaning service was excelent. The people from front desk are kind and they recommended me a perfect place for a quiet dinner, thank you José, you also teached me how to get there. I also wont forget the security manager who brought me back my camera, lost in the computer room. A very nice hotel for a family holiday. We will come back. Lais Sonkin

Reviewed March 20, 2011

We stayed here for five night after having spent four in a Disney hotel.

The rooms are large and clean. The location is very close to Disney by car, but getting in and out of the hotel is a bit of an adventure. The road facing the hotel is 6 lanes wide and very congested.

Now the good parts; very friendly staff, lovely outdoor pool with Applebys bar poolside; the Applebys itself while not offering gourmet cuisine, did serve decent food at reasonable prices. Take note, you have to get a voucher at the hotel front desk for the kids to eat free.

All in all, if you want a larger room close to Disney for 1/2 the price of a room at Disney (rooms seem to be $ 90 - $ 110 / night) this is an excellent option. We chose the kids suite with bunkbeds which the kids realy enoyed, as did we.

3  Thank ToSquareBob1
Reviewed March 18, 2011

We chose this hotel because it was a savings over the Disney resorts, but offered a shuttle service to all the parks. What the website doesn't mention is that the shuttles that drop off and return are many, many hours apart; not an option when you are with small children. We ended up using taxis and a car service, eating up our savings.
Our room was facing the pool - great, right? Wrong! there was loud music playing every night until 11:00 pm.
Service in the on-site restaurant was terrible. It wouldn't have mattered if we all could eat there free.
When we checked in their were cheerios under one of the beds, along with a sippy cup and a pair of socks (not ours). The next day, Housekeeping threw out our non-disposable coffee cups, and, worst of all, they lost my daughter's stuffed lion that she has had since she was a baby (she's 8). While they did replace our mugs, they did nothing about the stuffed animal.
One of the hot tubs was lovely but the other remained dirty from day 2 of our stay until we left 6 days later.
We will not be returning. Spend the money - stay at a Disney resort.

2  Thank marywickwire
HILBV, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2011

Dear Tripadvisor user marywickwire

I'm concerned about the service issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista Team