“Great Value, Close to All the Disney Magic!!”

Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #106 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Central Illinois
“Great Value, Close to All the Disney Magic!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Don't let the negative reviews scare you away from this hotel. This hotel is a great value, at about half the price of the Disney Value Resorts.
The staff was very nice and helpful. They let us upgrade our room from the 1 bunk kidsuite to the 2 bunk kidsuite for no additional charge. The rooms were clean and housekeeping came everyday to change the linens on the beds and to bring us towels and clean the room. The room had a large dorm size fridge (bigger than I was expecting) a microwave, and a safe in the closet. We made a couple of trips to the Walmart located 2 miles up the road to buy food to fill up our fridge.
The hotel has a nice large pool area with palm trees and the Applebees Poolside Tiki Bar. I was disappointed that the pool wasn't heated. The kids used the pool a couple of times, but I never got in due to the cold water. The hotel also has 2 hot tubs, that we did use and were nice.
This hotel is located at a tricky intersection, especially on the weekends. It will take some time to get out of the hotel or back into it. Plus there is a concrete median in the middle of the road in front of the hotel, so no left turns. If you want to go left, you have to turn right and go down to the second stop light and make a U-turn. Where I come from U-turns are illegal, but I guess not in Florida.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
HILBV, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
Dear Tripadvisor user marywickwire

I'm concerned about the Housekeeping issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
Cabo Frio, RJ
Reviewed March 25, 2011

We stayed one week in two very well furnished bedrooms, with a nice varanda and view over the pool area. The location is perfect, next to all atractions, close enough to malls and shopping facilities, plus next door to a gas station plus a seven eleven and Walgreens and also a nice restaurant Applebees.
So we were hosted at a walking distance from all sort of facilities. Regarding the hotel I only have compliments. The cleaning service was excelent. The people from front desk are kind and they recommended me a perfect place for a quiet dinner, thank you José, you also teached me how to get there. I also wont forget the security manager who brought me back my camera, lost in the computer room. A very nice hotel for a family holiday. We will come back. Lais Sonkin

Toronto
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We stayed here for five night after having spent four in a Disney hotel.

The rooms are large and clean. The location is very close to Disney by car, but getting in and out of the hotel is a bit of an adventure. The road facing the hotel is 6 lanes wide and very congested.

Now the good parts; very friendly staff, lovely outdoor pool with Applebys bar poolside; the Applebys itself while not offering gourmet cuisine, did serve decent food at reasonable prices. Take note, you have to get a voucher at the hotel front desk for the kids to eat free.

All in all, if you want a larger room close to Disney for 1/2 the price of a room at Disney (rooms seem to be $ 90 - $ 110 / night) this is an excellent option. We chose the kids suite with bunkbeds which the kids realy enoyed, as did we.

3 Thank ToSquareBob1
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed March 18, 2011

We chose this hotel because it was a savings over the Disney resorts, but offered a shuttle service to all the parks. What the website doesn't mention is that the shuttles that drop off and return are many, many hours apart; not an option when you are with small children. We ended up using taxis and a car service, eating up our savings.
Our room was facing the pool - great, right? Wrong! there was loud music playing every night until 11:00 pm.
Service in the on-site restaurant was terrible. It wouldn't have mattered if we all could eat there free.
When we checked in their were cheerios under one of the beds, along with a sippy cup and a pair of socks (not ours). The next day, Housekeeping threw out our non-disposable coffee cups, and, worst of all, they lost my daughter's stuffed lion that she has had since she was a baby (she's 8). While they did replace our mugs, they did nothing about the stuffed animal.
One of the hot tubs was lovely but the other remained dirty from day 2 of our stay until we left 6 days later.
We will not be returning. Spend the money - stay at a Disney resort.

2 Thank marywickwire
HILBV, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
Dear Tripadvisor user marywickwire

I'm concerned about the service issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista Team
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I booked this thru priceline at a very good price, but once you check out they hit you for hidden fees. (fees that i didn't even use, such as disney shuttle, movie theater, ect. I had to have keys made 3 times. On the last day, my room didn't even get cleaned. I called the manager and left a message, he never called me back.
It was a very good price on priceline and is very close to disney, but other than those features...........DO NOT STAY HERE......

2 Thank c0dy1234
Dear Tripadvisor user: c0dy1234

I was concerned about the billing issues you experienced at our hotel during your stay with us. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention, and to let you know that we strive to be as transparent as possible in the matters of service, value, and billing. We've always taken extra precautions to avoid misunderstandings such as this by informing our guest on all websites, and durring the check in process.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
to all of our guests at a reasonable price, and with exceptional service. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept our sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
Zephyrhills, FL
Reviewed March 17, 2011

Went here for a few nights to enjoy the Orlando area attractions. Location of hotel is very good. Right down the street from Downtown Disney & the Disney Parks. Just of Interstate 4 - Universal is close by, but the traffic getting there can be pretty bad, but keep in mind that is what Orlando is like near all the attractions. Also, getting out of the hotel parking lot onto SR 535 is tricky since the right lane is usually backed up with cars trying to get on I-4.

Check in at desk went well. Customer service was good, but they did not take the time to advise me that kids ate free at the conncting Applebee's. The only way I found out was when our waitress asked us if we were staying at the hotel & if we had our ticket for our child. You have to go to the desk each time before going to Applebee's in order to get your free meal ticket. It's a pretty good deal for dinner. However, important to note about breakfast - it is only free for child when you are ordering off the menu. If you choose the breakfast buffet, then plan on paying $9.99 per adult (drinks not included) and you get the buffet at a reduced rate of $2.99 per child with the meal ticket.

Room size was good. Had King suite with separate partial wall for the kid's suite. Kids had their own t.v. with remote; however, the same remote that worked the kid's t.v. also worked the room t.v. so my little one kept chaning my channel! Bathroom was a nice size. The bed was comfy & it was nice to have wireless internet. The room was very clean and housekeeping did a really good job. There is a really good sized gameroom for the kids & a movie area with a list of daily shows played.

Did run into a couple of problems while there: 1) The cable t.v. did not have all the channels as it was supposed to have and a lot of times many of the channels were unclear with lots of static 2) Locking mechanism on door did not click shut. Anyone could push open the door! I called the front desk & was told someone would be over in a few minutes. I waited an hour & still no one showed. I called the desk a second time and still no one showed. I finally tried to "fish" the stuck lock mechanism out using my car keys & was successful. I then went to the front desk & reported it a third time. I also told the desk that there was a good sized gap in the door where I could litterally look through it into the hallway. I still don't know if anyone ever went to inspect the lock as it kept getting stuck. No one ever made a follow up phone call or left a note to say that they had been by -- in my opinion, that does not bode well when it comes to customer service.

One last thing to point out, particularly if you are not familar with the taxes for Orlando hotels. In addition to your initail price you book (on line or via reservations), you will also pay a hotel tax and a city tax. PLUS the hotel charges an additional $8.95 "resort fee" per day. I am not sure what this is for, but when you check in to the hotel, you have to sign an acknowledgement that you agree to pay. I saw a few angry customers at check out disputing the resort fee (that is why it is important to read everything you are asked to sign/initial!).

Overall, just an average stay at Holiday Inn. If you are looking for cleanliness & good location then it is a very good place to stay.

Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed March 5, 2011

Holiday Inn Resort - Lake Buena Vista is conveniently located and close to everything you need. It fits our needs because after a hard days work we can relax in the clean and comfortable pool. The restaurant has an array of choices of meals. We had nothing but praises about the hotel staff, they had gone beyond the call of duty to accomodate us. It is perfect for business and leisure trips alike.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Lake Buena Vista
Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!