Don't let the negative reviews scare you away from this hotel. This hotel is a great value, at about half the price of the Disney Value Resorts.
The staff was very nice and helpful. They let us upgrade our room from the 1 bunk kidsuite to the 2 bunk kidsuite for no additional charge. The rooms were clean and housekeeping came everyday to change the linens on the beds and to bring us towels and clean the room. The room had a large dorm size fridge (bigger than I was expecting) a microwave, and a safe in the closet. We made a couple of trips to the Walmart located 2 miles up the road to buy food to fill up our fridge.
The hotel has a nice large pool area with palm trees and the Applebees Poolside Tiki Bar. I was disappointed that the pool wasn't heated. The kids used the pool a couple of times, but I never got in due to the cold water. The hotel also has 2 hot tubs, that we did use and were nice.
This hotel is located at a tricky intersection, especially on the weekends. It will take some time to get out of the hotel or back into it. Plus there is a concrete median in the middle of the road in front of the hotel, so no left turns. If you want to go left, you have to turn right and go down to the second stop light and make a U-turn. Where I come from U-turns are illegal, but I guess not in Florida.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at the Holiday Inn Resort(R) Lake Buena Vista, you are so close to the entrance to Walt Disney World(R) Resort, you can almost feel the Magic! This official Disney Good Neighbor hotel is fresh from a multi-million dollar makeover, making it perfect for your visit to the Walt Disney World(R) area. Take advantage of scheduled shuttles to the Disney parks, Sea World(R), Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Orlando Premium Outlets shopping and the Orange County Convention Center! After a busy day, come back to spacious, generously-appointed accommodations. Choose King or Queen-size bedding with 37" HDTV televisions, high-speed Internet, refrigerator, microwave, granite top vanities and upgraded bath amenities. Families love our KidSuites, a room-within-a-room that lets kids enjoy their own space within their parents room. Relax at the expansive, tropically-landscaped outdoor sundeck with plenty of lounge chairs, oversize heated pool, Splash Pad and two whirlpool spas! There is plenty to do onsite including outdoor pool tables, giant checkers and chess, ping pong, fitness center and an arcade/game room. PLUS - a Daily Scheduled Activities and Movies program for kids and adults! Enjoy great dining at Applebees(R) located onsite, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pinkys Market Place and Gift Shop is in the hotel lobby. Free high speed internet access helps you stay connected, and on-site meeting rooms are available for special events. Explore the Lake Buena Vista and Downtown Disney area's plentiful dining, shopping, nightly entertainment and picturesque setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, IHG, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn