“Average rooms, but a very good value for a group of 8”

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Ranked #143 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Orange Park, Florida
“Average rooms, but a very good value for a group of 8”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We have been to Disney World and associated parks and when we go we take our grand kids and their mom and dad to help us celebrate a birthday a birthday. We had 2 adjourning/connecting rooms. The rooms we old but kept up well and clean. Only thing was one room had bed spreads on them and one didn't. We had to call housekeeping to get bed spreads on the second rooms beds. Workers were nice and friendly. The cons were; the weed eater at 8:00 am then the maid knocking on the door at 8:50am. No "Do Not Disturb" door hanger, only 3 plastic drinking glasses for our entire stay. All in all the stay and accommodations were good.

Room Tip: From 2 to 62, food court had a wide variety of foods for all family members.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (936)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very very spaced out, and unless you get a "preferred room" you have to walk very far to get to the pool, transportation and food courts. The rooms are on the smaller side, but were very clean. There is no microwave and you have to request a refrigerator and it's on a first-come first-served basis. Now all that being said, The transportation to the Parks is very very very very convenient. And if you don't want to take it you can drive there with free parking. The hotel staff and management that I dealt with were all super friendly and someone who was passing by from housekeeping with a golf cart even helped me bring my bags to my room at 2 AM when we arrived. All and all I would stay here again, and if you are hitting the Parks there is no more convenient option.

Stayed December 2013
Hernando, Florida
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

The facilities are very nice with a large pool , restaurant, play area, the rooms need a facelift with peeling paint, mold in the shower, and very poor soundproofing between rooms. The check in was incredibly slow. They are the cheapest Disney hotels and not up to the standard of the other Disney properties.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Espanola, Canada
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This was my first visit to Disney. We took our 6 year old son. The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly. Can't complain about the location, food was good. I've read some reviews where people complained about the price of the food. I'm not sure if it's generally cheaper in the US, but compared to Canadian theme parks, it was really good. We ate a big supper at Magic Kingdom for about $33. You do have choices. No problems with the bus services, they where all pretty quick. Very convenient that you can go back and fourth from the hotel to the park. It was super hot on the Sunday, we came back to the resort for a swim and a rest, then went back in time for supper and to see the Osborne lights at Hollywood Studios. We would definatly return to this hotel and we would recommend it to others. For the amount of time you actually spend at your hotel and in your room, you couldn't ask for more. Once we where in our room (in the Herby section) we didn't hear anything outside of our room and there where a LOT of young adults around. :D

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mel_79f
Pittsburgh Area
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This past November 2013, my fiance and I spent 5 days at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort. I can finally say that I've stayed at all 3 All-Star Resorts! Like many of you, I heard the "horror stories" about Movies.

I've stayed at All-Star Sports and Music, and I heard the stories that Movies is the worst - mostly because it's at the end of the bus line. Therefore, you'll get picked up last and dropped off last... meaning you'll be standing in a crowded bus the whole time. Well, maybe it's because we visited the 2nd week of November, but we did NOT experience any trouble with the buses! I think that we ALWAYS had a seat going to and from the parks. (Except when I gave up my seat for older women or women with children). The horror stories are NOT true! I really like All-Star Movies!

The theming is great. We stayed in the Fantasia area, but we made sure that we make our way over to the Toy Story area to take lots of pictures. (WE LOVE TOY STORY, so that area is very fun for us!!) Just like the other All-Star resorts, it's a GREAT budget hotel. Disney theming, convenience and fun. Nice pool, gift shop and food court. If you want to save money then the All-Star resorts are the way to go.

I do have 2 things to note, however. First, we noticed that the carpet was faded. Do I expect Disney to replace the carpet every 3 month? NO!! But some people will complain about this and think that they're staying in a bad hotel. Things wear out. That's why every so often hotel rooms are reconditioned. It was obvious that our carpet was going to be due for a change in the near future. Otherwise the room was clean and what we needed.

The other issue I had was that I was awaken around 2:30 am by the noise of someone in the next room peeing!! Yes, I could hear some guy taking a leak. So maybe the sound barrier isn't as thick as it should be, but I generally use ear plugs at night while on vacation to block all those unfamiliar sounds anyway. I didn't use them the first night. Oops. Some people bring "white noise generators" while on vacation - which I really like, but ear plugs tend to do fine for me.

This was my 15th trip to Walt Disney World and again I had a wonderful time. Temperatures were in the 70's all week except for one day where the temperature dipped into the upper 50's!! Needless to say, they were selling sweatshirts faster than they could stock the shelves.

Would I stay at All-Star Movies again? Absolutely yes. I recommend any of the 3 All-Star resorts actually. If you have a family of 4 then the rooms will work nicely (as long as the kids are school age.) For older teens the rooms tend to feel a bit cramped. But if you're like us, you spend most of the time at the parks. The pools are basic but nice, and there is plenty of Disney theming and fun to be had.

I've taken several solo trips to WDW and because I try to keep costs down the All-Star resorts are a great way to do that.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, try to stay away from the pool areas - you may need to walk a bit more, bu...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Haunted_Mike
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Went for Wine & Dine race weekend. Found a roach in the room and the front desk dealt with it as if it always happens. It's a motel. Walls are paper thin. No fridge in the room. Mattress is hard. The room wasn't made on the first day. We had been there in the morning but left before noon and saw other rooms were being cleaned. We assumed they would be back around, but weren't. As a "Value" resort, I guess you get what you pay for. Only convenience is the location and transportation.

Room Tip: They're all the same.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Margaret D
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We only stayed here one night, but it was good. Its a decent hotel on the lower end of Disney's prices for its resorts. Check-in was efficient and the clerk was helpful. The room was just fine. It more of a classic style hotel room. Bed, nightstand, sink/vanity is not in the bathroom, toilet and tub are in the bathroom, and the "closet" has no doors -- merely a rod the is open to the vanity area. A towel arrangement in the shape of Mickey Mouse was on the bed when we opened the door. Temperature control was very good in the room -- both when we wanted it warm and when we wanted it cool.

Rooms had DirecTV (or maybe it was Dish, same thing), which meant LOTS of channel selection -- they even had ESPNU!

Grounds and upkeep were impeccable -- definitely up to the Disney stardard in the that regard.

We had the Magic Bands and they worked well as our "key" to get into our room -- no issues.

Food court: There is a fairly large variety. We only bought food to go. We stored it in our in-room mini fridge ate it on the go in the morning so we could get to the Magic Kingdom early. The Magic Band worked well in paying for the food.

Didn't use the pool or the bus to the parks, so I can't speak to those.

Checkout was simple. I just called the front desk, they told me the charges they had on file, which I confirmed as accurate and said I wanted to check out. Done! No going to the lobby or waiting in line. Off to the park!

I would recommend this hotel if you're looking to stay at a Disney resort for the benefits of the early/late park hours afforded to resort guests, shuttles/buses/transportation, but don't want to spend an arm and a leg to do so.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort? Share your experiences!