“Great weekend getaway!”

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Ranked #141 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

My hubby and I wanted a quick and inexpensive weekend trip. We have annual passes so we go often and have stayed at several different resorts. We left our 3 little boys at home this trip. The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly. The rooms are small but it was just the 2 of us. We talked about how we could never stay there with all 5 of us, just too small! Busses were ok, took about 25 minutes for an Epcot bus one day but that was not the norm. We did not use the pool or food court. Overall a great place for a small family or trip for two!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank clevelandm0m

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have just returned from a 2 week stay here and I have to say, that as all the times before, it is a great place to stay, especially on a budget.
The check-in was flawless: I had paid for a preferred room and had made sure that at all times during the booking process and on the invoice I wanted a Toy Story room and I got that. The cases came within 5 minutes of us asking for them.
The room was super clean: it had also been refurbished since our last trip and although we went over it very carefully( having read previous reviews), we found no fault.
We asked for extra blankets, they arrived just 10 minutes later. The room was always cleaned very well and although they are now less generous with soap and shampoo, we did get quite a few. Towels were plentiful and the beds and linen absolutely fine. Extra pillows were there if needed.
We had no noise issues and believe me, this place is a lot less noisy than the Yacht and Beach Club where I have also stayed!!! especially around the pool.
They keep this place, as all Disney is, super clean and maintained. For the price, this place is unbeatable. The buses seemed to be more plentiful this time, with wait times less and the shop has so much stuff, its actually one of the best places to shop I think.
They sent a message to the room wishing my Mother a Happy Birthday and another to thank us for staying there.
The price of food has gone up alot since we were last there(2009), but it has everywhere and they do give generous portions, so sharing a meal is viable we found. We also eat outside if the weather allows, which is far more peaceful when it gets crowded. Its not fancy food but fine for 2 weeks and there are plenty of finer dining places in the parks and the Marketplace.
Do try the cream-cheese Danish pastry: it is soo good!!!
I had 2 parcels arriving and the help I got from the Desk staff was patchy: but they can't know everything and both were delivered to my room within 2 days of being delivered to the main post room: I was told it handles over 7,000 pieces of mail/parcels a day, so they are busy.
I have absolutely no complaints about this place: its clean, the transport is good, food's not bad and the room looks cheerful, nice addition of a curtain to screen off the wash-basin area and as much tea/coffee/cola as you want if you get a mug.
I have stayed in some wonderful hotels around the world including Mena House, El Tovar, The Winter Palace and been on the Queen Mary 2. A room in the Toy Story section of the All Star Movies is pretty good too.

Room Tip: A prefered room is nearer to the food court/buses and a room in the Toy Story section is like a mini...
5  Thank splashmountainmania
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

The check in system was down when we arrived so it took us over an hour to check into the hotel and to be given a room Key.
We went to our room and discovered that there was a strong mildew smell so we opened the doors to air out the room. We also noted that there was no refrigerator in the room as promised. I had called the week before our stay to ensure that there would be a refrigerator in the room. I called the front desk about the refrigerator and by the end of the night they had delivered one to the room. Unfortunately when we arrived back in the room after dinner the strong mildew smell was too much and we had to change rooms. We were lucky that this worked out because they told us that the hotel was fully booked.
Our new room was okay just like the last one but this one didn't smell so if you have a problem you should really make sure to call downstairs and tell them.
Unfortunately our troubles didn't end there. For whatever reason our wristbands were not programmed properly and we did not have our tickets loaded to go to the park. When we arrived at the park we were informed that we did not have tickets to enter loaded on our wristbands. We had to stand for over one hour in the customer service line in the heat and sun and miss lunch with our dear friend, and then when we got to the front of the line it took another half hour to hour to locate the ticket numbers. The error occurred at the hotel.

Housekeeping was fine if inconsistent. Some of the housekeepers used very strong smelling products others didn't. One afternoon the housekeeper came to our room at 3:30 or maybe it was 4 o'clock in the afternoon, Either way she was sure to inform me that she only had 15 minutes left of her shift and had to clean now. This was not convenient and as I was working in the room. He seemed very disturbed when I ask for five minutes to get myself moving.

The food is extremely expensive and not particularly healthy or tasty. I ate mainly from food I brought for myself from home.

All I had a less than magical experience.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 27, 2013

If you're visiting WDW Resort and are looking for an affordable place to stay, this won't break the bank and definitely has all the basics which you need -- Easy transportation to/from Disney parks (though sometimes its a long bus ride!), on site food (cafeteria style), bed, bathroom, pool and the Disney Magical Express transportation to/from the airport which is probably the biggest perk. I haven't stayed at other WDW resorts and can only compare the the three hotels at Disneyland, but this definitely doesn't have as much of a Disney feel as even the Paradise Pier (Disneyland's "budget" hotel - still pretty pricey) and lacks a lot of amenities.

Here's some things you'll want to note about staying here, most of which are not a big deal but pleasant to know in advance of making a decision to stay here versus spending a bit more:

1. Rooms have double beds, NOT queen sized beds, so two people sharing one bed is possible, but very cozy.
2. They do not provide normal in room toiletries like shampoo, conditioner or lotion, only bar soap, so make sure you bring your own or you'll wind up buying them in the shop.
3. The way the hotel is set up some of the buildings are a long walk from the lobby, Fantasia and 101 Dalmatians will be closest.
4. Food onsite is cafeteria style which has decent selection and not as crazy of prices as I would've thought, but room service options are pretty much limited to pizza and at select hours only, so its not quite a full service hotel.
5. Bedding is cheap quality, stiff pillows, scratchy sheets, and a weird comforter that fits around the end of the bed like a sleeping bag.
6. No in room refrigerator (which I always prefer when I'm traveling on a budget).
7. Last stop of the "All Star" resorts on the buses back from the parks. The flip side of this is that you're also the last to get picked up on the way to the parks, but if you're tired at the end of the night sometimes you just want to get back quickly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I recently stayed at the All Star Movie resort during a family vacation from Nov 12-19th. We had 3 rooms in the Toy Story section. We arrived at the hotel via Disney's Magical Express. Great ride with no problems at all. We arrived before check in time and were told that our rooms were ready. We did request 3 consecutive rooms on ground level in the Toy Story section. When we checked in, we were told that they didn't have our rooms together but near each other. I said that was OK but the cast member helping us (I think his name was Sal) went above and beyond to get us 3 rooms in a row. They ended up on the 2nd floor not ground level, but that was fine since they were near the elevator. The rooms were a lit
tle on the small side (especially when you need a Pack N Play for the little one) but they were clean and had some cute touches that we loved. It definitely had that "Disney Feel".
My only complaint about this hotel was the maid service. The first 2 days it was great!! Extra soap and shampoo, the kids' stuffed animals were set up so cute when we returned to our room at the end of the night, cards from Mickey and Minnie. But after the first 2 days, that all stopped. We were lucky to get 1 shampoo and didn't get enough washcloths or towels, didn't have any extra toilet paper (even after we requested it). But we were hardly in the room so I didn't make an issue out of it.
We ate at the food court a few times and it was always good. Plenty of different choices and the staff was always friendly and helpful. We did stop at the bar for a drink one night and it was a DELICIOUS mango margarita. It hit the spot after a hot and humid day at the park.
The gift shop at the hotel was GREAT. Had plenty of souveniers and snacks, milk, etc.
The pools looked great but we didn't have a chance to use them. The grounds were immaculate and there were always people cleaning up around the resort.
We used the buses to get to and from the parks and had no problems. Never waited more than 20 minutes. Some buses were REALLY full and we had to stand but not big deal.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Although it is in need of a little face lift (carpet, tile in rooms), it was fun for the kids and very clean. Staff was great. For the price, you can beat it. If you have the extra money to stay at a moderate resort, go for it. But we didn't spend much time in the room and for the price, it was clean, comfortable and convenient. We loved it!!

2  Thank heatherangel26
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We recently traveled to this hotel for our son's second birthday and needless to say it was one of the best experiences ever. Ignore the people who complain, I guess they are unhappy people overrall.

The dining plan is a MUST! So convenient and the value is great. I will never stay at any other outside resort. Disney resorts is the way to go if you stay in Orlando. The experience, service is top notch!

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here at the All Star Movie Resort and overall is a great place to stay. The rooms are not 5 star but you are not paying 5 star prices so I believe you definitely are getting what you paid for. The double beds are unfortunately not very comfortable and the bathroom is below average. The rooms were very noisy, we could here other people's toilets flush and the people talking in the room next to us. You also hear a lot of outside noise from children as early as 6am. However the room was clean and so were the sheets which is I care about. The staff were lovely and the food was good. I would stay here again but would definitely warn people about the noise and beds before recommending friends and family to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort? Share your experiences!