“No complaints here!”

Ranked #139 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Sudbury
“No complaints here!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I was very nervous about staying at this resort after reading some recent reviews here but was very pleasantly surprised. From check in to check out - everything went smoothly. Our room was very clean upon arrival and although not in new condition, everything was acceptable. There was no smell and the air conditioner was working very well. Each day when we returned our room was fully stocked with many towels and toiletries (we wrote a note each day requesting 6 towels and leaving a tip). Our children were delighted when their Minnie and Goofy stuffed animals were in different fun poses each day when we returned. This surely added to the magic. All staff was very friendly and helpful. The food court was better than expected. Our family especially enjoyed the pizza. We stayed in the Mightly Ducks section and it was extremely quiet. We took the bus from the resort next door as it was closer to our room. The wait time was not all that bad, although it was very hot. I think where these resorts are lacking is shelter while waiting for the bus. If you are going to be at the parks late each night and are looking for an affordable, clean place to lay your head, this resort is for you. If you are expecting The Hilton, you might want to up your budget to a moderate or Deluxe resort.

3 Thank Lunabella76

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (924)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We booked this hotel based on a Jet Blue package and the agent working with us said this was a nice place. Well it is very old and one would think they would update this place. Even a family on a budget deserves better, small rooms, no door for the bath/dressing area a curtain and the place looks like Walt Disney stayed there just that old. Crazy lock on door and certainly not a place you would want your children to stay in. When we complained they were at lost as to what the problem was telling us if we upgraded it would cost more. We will never return to Disney World this hotel was a hot mess and overall it is way over priced for what you get. They push this saying you are staying on campus or on Disney property this is a big joke I guess that is why I could not stop laughing after realizing we would spend the night. It was hard to believe I had been such a fool. Even at the lower price your guest deserve better in a minute you won't have any guest.

Room Tip: Don't check in, there is no fitness center or room service oh unless you count the fitness as yo...
3 Thank w r
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights and it was an awful experience. Found roaches and other bugs in my room. Tiny uncomfortable room, no magic here. Even experienced terrible sewer smell early mornings and nights in the room. Not much of a magic considering it's on the Disney grounds. This was my family's first visit to Disney and trust me WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Nytal23
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed August 23, 2013

You're going to be spending enough money else where in Disney World so I suggest going with one of the cheaper resorts in Disney World. All-Star Movies is a great choice! My husband and I stayed here for ten nights in 2011 for our Honeymoon in Disney World.

The rooms are everything you need and always very clean. When we arrived at the resort we didn't get a room with a bath tub (just shower) as we had requested, the front desk explained to us that there just wasn't anything available at the time.. I was pretty bummed because I enjoy soaking my legs and back in a bath tub after a long day at the park. The staff promised when one was available they would let us switch.. and that promise was fulfilled the very next day which I though was amazing service. They make each one of their guests feel extremely special whether you're there just for vacation or if you're there for a birthday, wedding, honeymoon etc.

The food at this resort for us was amazing. The cafeteria style dining had a large variety of selections to choose from. When we wanted a more formal meal we used our dining pass and ate somewhere at the park. This worked very well for us.

To sum things up I can't find anything to complain about with this resort. We will be back.. hopefully sooner rather then later.

Room Tip: I would suggest paying the little bit extra for a closer room.. believe me at the end of the day aft...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alayna-Beth H
NY
Reviewed August 22, 2013

So I knew going in this is a budget property but since it was Disney and I really wouldn't be spending time in the room, I would give it a shot. I have stayed in 4 of the other higher end Disney hotels and found them to be special but this was just very basic with a few special touches. This hotel feels like its in the middle of nowhere when travelling on the bus system. Between the wait times and actual bus ride, trips to most parks took over 40 minutes. We ended up using our car to go to EPCOT which took just 10 minutes and parked in the 2nd row. The room was slightly better then a Motel 6. Threadbare carpet, a crazy loud fan in the bathroom and a housekeeper who knocked on our door early even though the do not disturb sigh was out. On the plus side, I found the food court to be decent with a lot of choices and the grounds / pool very clean. We stayed in Mighty Ducks and actually used the bus stop at the All Stars Music hotel. This was a much shorter walk then go to the actual hotel stop. In summary, I would spend a few extra bucks and stay at the next level up if you really want to stay on Disney property.

2 Thank raincheck10
Macomb, Michigan
Reviewed August 20, 2013

When we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff. When we got to the room, it was filthy and dusty, It looked like it wasn't cleaned for weeks.We stayed here for 5 nights. Lots of cockroaches, spiders and some bugs I have never seen before in my life.
Would never stay here again

Room Tip: You are better off to pay a little bit more and stay at the nicer resorts at Disney
2 Thank Nevzeta
Woodridge, Illinois
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I've stayed in the all-star resorts before, but as a child, so the details didn't occur to me or bother me, but back then the resorts were newer. we didn't have any issues while check in, i had checked in online, so we waited in a shorter line and were helped with in a few minutes. when we got our keys to the room we were super excited, we get to the room and go about checking out the room. to find that the fridge was recalled, and that we were to not plug it back in. we had brought groceries, that needed refrigeration, so we called the front desk. they said to go to the gift shop in the lobby and buy a Styrofoam cooler, and then have it refunded at the front desk. fine, but when i got to the front desk for a refund it was must have been union break time or something, i stood there and waited for about 20 minutes, while lines got longer, and longer. finally free from that, we go to put ice into the cooler and the machine wasn't working (toy story block Woody's side) in fact none in that block worked. we had to head to the other block to get ice, another 30 minutes down. after we came back from dinner i told the front desk, and they said they would send someone out. the next day we needed to replace our ice, and it was working, so i guess they did. the room itself was clean. the comforter on one of the bed's seam was ripping out, and starting to really show it's age. one of the chairs in the room was all ripped up on one seam. the light in the bathroom seemed to need some persuading when it came to actually coming on. but really no other problems, we rarely stayed in the room, we only used it when we needed sleep or just a place to cool off. and if you are going in august. don't expect the pool to be cold. it's like a giant bathtub with fountains.

Room Tip: Toy story building is pretty quiet, no pools=not a lot of kids. preferred rooms are closer to front...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Amy O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort? Share your experiences!